The MCU - Marvel Cinematic Universe

Jay

Batman v Superman and The Suicide Squad look more interesting to me then Civil War, which looks like The Avengers 3 right now.

Doctor Strange isnt on my radar at all since I don't know the character. Still...it's Cumberbatch....

Hmmm....both Freeman and Cumberbatch doing Marvel in 2016?

10 hours ago, Stefancos said:

Civil war moreso though

Difference is that so far only Superman has been introduced in the DC Expanded Universe.

In Civil War the amount of new characters are far less than the amount of established ones.

Of course they won't, and they won't be in Civil War either, but with the majority of Marvel's characters that is not needed anyway, because we've been introduced beforehand.

To me that's a significant difference, to you it may not be. :)

Barring maybe Guardians 2, based on trailers and early news, I'm not excited about anything that's loaded in Marvel's and DC's schedule.  A third Captain America movie excited me the most, but this one doesn't look any good in the previews.  I'll be excited to be wrong, though.

I wish it would have been possible to get another WW2-set Captain America movie before things got all dark and serious and super modern

In theory they could do it - film a movie that takes place during WW2 but before his final attack against the Red Skull.  It would be a good way to utilized Bucky and Peggy, too - although all three of those characters would have to be pretty static, since we know where they end up.

But (with the exception of Agent Carter), Marvel Studios seems to be more in the business of looking forward, and not looking back - so I doubt it would happen.

That wouldn't work because all the actors are six years older now than they were when the original was filmed.

Just like we'll never get a Black Widow / Hawkeye film that fills in the backstory talked about in the first Avengers film.

Your point?  That was expensive CGI used for a 5 minute scene.

Anyways, they'd never do another WW2 Cap movie even if the actors were cryo-frozen in between filming and looked the same now as they did then

The character is more interesting as a man out of his time anyway. He can be the moral centre dealing in black and white, while everyone else is mucking about in the grey areas. It's part of what made Winter Soldier so enjoyable and why Civil War has potential as a Captain America movie.

15 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

The costume looks awful!

You look awful!....or at least you would, if you had an avatar!

Costume looks good, even if we're not sure it's the MCU version.

Come on, Jar-Jar Binks has got to be behind the whole thing! He's super pissed he didn't get the villain billing he was promised in the Prequels!