War Horse nominated for Critics' Choice Awards

TownerFan

John Williams' War Horse has been nominated for the popular Broadcast Film Critics (aka "Critics' Choice") Awards. Here's the full list:

BEST SCORE

“The Artist” – Ludovic Bource

“Drive” – Cliff Martinez

“The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo” – Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross

“Hugo” – Howard Shore

“War Horse” – John Williams

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/race/hugo-artist-broadcast-film-critics-list-272679

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's nice to see some worthwhile scores with nominations this year. I want War Horse to win the Oscar, obviously, but if Hugo or even The Artist wins I won't be completely disappointed. Both of those, musically, are worlds better than The Social Network!

(I do believe that The Social Network was very effective in the film, so I can't fault it there.)

Let's hope for a win for Johnny! :)

Although as said above majority of the nominated scores are quite classy.

It seems to be, looking at all these award nominations, that The Artist, Hugo, and War Horse are locked for best score nomination. The other two spots could be filled with Drive (although the prominient use of songs and previously written pieces might hurt its chances), one of the Desplat scores, Tintin or Girl With The Dragon Tatoo

Williams will be nominated only for War Horse, but the award will be given ultimately to The Artist for sure. Mark my words.

The other nominees will probably be Howard Shore for Hugo, Desplat for Extremely Loud or The Ides of March and Reznor & Ross for The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.

Looks like the Best Picture winner will be either The Artist or Hugo for sure--these are movies that celebrate the art of movies and we all know Hollywood really loves valentines to itself.

What are you trying to tell us, Michael? That you like listening to background music? :lol:

He said that he wasn't sure if he could watch a film without dialogue, right? That kinda shocked me, considering how many silent films there have been out there over the years.

And I thought we all loved listening to the so called background music. It's what most people understand as a film score, right? ;)

I mean film music doesn't even have words, like lyrics, man. And if there is, it is some mumbo jumbo moon man made up language. You can't dance to it. It is just weird. I mean that is like totally deranged BloodBoal. Like totally.

Come on people, this is nonsense! The Pulp Fiction soundtrack is awesome! And just listen to the Pirates of Caribbean theme song, it's epic! You can't just say that all soundtracks are useless/awful!

Williams will be nominated only for War Horse, but the award will be given ultimately to The Artist for sure. Mark my words.

The other nominees will probably be Howard Shore for Hugo, Desplat for Extremely Loud or The Ides of March and Reznor & Ross for The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.

Looks like the Best Picture winner will be either The Artist or Hugo for sure--these are movies that celebrate the art of movies and we all know Hollywood really loves valentines to itself.

That's pretty much it. I'd bet money on it

Although I am not sure if i can watch a film without dialogue..

:eh:

You're kidding, right??

No. I don't know if I'm ready yet to watch silent films.

Just 2 years ago I started watching classic films (1930-1980) (I mean apart from the big ones that I have watched from a young age like Ben-Hur, Cleopatra, Ten Commandments, Psycho etc.) and now I have watched over 700 such films. i rarely see a new film..

But with the silents, I'm not ready yet.

Although i did watch those French animation films and I liked them. I'm not sure about live-action though..

Although I am not sure if i can watch a film without dialogue..

:eh:

You're kidding, right??

No. I don't know if I'm ready yet to watch silent films.

Just 2 years ago I started watching classic films (1930-1980) (I mean apart from the big ones that I have watched from a young age like Ben-Hur, Cleopatra, Ten Commandments, Psycho etc.) and now I have watched over 700 such films. i rarely see a new film..

But with the silents, I'm not ready yet.

Although i did watch those French animation films and I liked them. I'm not sure about live-action though..

I suggest you start with Chaplin and Keaton. That's the best place to start with silent films.

And you don't need to be "ready" to watch silent films. Just try one, and you'll see its as interesting as a talked one :)