Upcoming Films

Quintus

Yeah, Legacy's visuals are likeable but ultimately too clinical and conventional. I love the score though.

Looking forward to seeing Spy this weekened. Want to see something not apocalyptic

If you have seen the movie you wouldn't ask. If you ask then you have not seen the movie.

Looks good!

Looks great!

This one on the other hand, not so much...

Beginning is cool (with Life of Pi music), but the animation for the second half looks really goofy...

Looks good!

Meh. That's some damn ugly, televisual cinematography there.

Teal and orange? Check.

Handheld camera? Check.

Everyone sounds like they've got throat cancer? Check.

One-note brooding? Check.

?

I see some pretty good shots even though most of it reminds of standard Ridley Scott.

Everest with Jake Gyllenhaal and some other actors:

Alexandre

Alex, seriously. You're that incapable of reading a thread before posting in it?

The exact same Everest trailer was just posted 7 posts before yours!

This one on the other hand, not so much...

Beginning is cool (with Life of Pi music), but the animation for the second half looks really goofy...

The latter shots are no more goofy than that asteroid belt. It's consistent.

Bad timing on that Everest movie. Not that the events in Nepal will truly effect the box office though.

It's not a movie that will make a lot of money anyway, I think. People will wait and see it when it's on TV or something.

I just want to hear what Silvestri might bring to the table here, considering it doesn't look like a film that even needs score.

Probably the same thing he did for Cast Away and Flight. 8-11 minutes of music that's repeated verbatim throughout the film.

Well, if anyone needs their shark fix, there's a movie called "Meg" that was finally greenlit by WB after years and years in development hell. It is based on the book by Steve Alten about a megalodon in modern times.

http://www.tracking-board.com/tb-exclusive-long-awaited-giant-shark-thriller-meg-swims-to-warner-bros/

Bad timing on that Everest movie. Not that the events in Nepal will truly effect the box office though.

It's not a movie that will make a lot of money anyway, I think. People will wait and see it when it's on TV or something.

Alex I apologize for Jason having an OCD fit about you posting the Everest trailer. That was rude of him.

There is no requirement here that says one should peruse a thread prior to posting to avoid duplication. God forbid.

Joey. It's not like it was posted 2 weeks or 5 pages ago. It was posted 7 measly posts before his post. 7 posts!

so fucking what? Will the world come to an end?

Alex I agree it won't make much money. Jake G. doesn't exactly bring people into the theatre.

I think Jake G. does bring people to the theatre, Joey, but not the big blockbuster crowd. What I mean is that the topic (a 'mountain climbing expedition goes wrong' movie) won't be that appealing to the general crowd. Now if the movie included raging Indians from outer space, it might have been a different story.

To thank you for defending me against Jason's battering, I'll post this pic from Nicolas Winding Refn's upcoming movie The Neon Demon (2016):

da2hzhxprvks_zpsqdhnrkev.jpg

Alex

Maybe this post-apocalyptic sci-fi thriller hasn't been posted before:

Hey, look, it's with that evil dude from Serenity!

Alex

Heh, that was pretty cool

~

Impressive cast; Hopefully somebody can find a higher res version of this

10914972_10152942927110808_7560068130126