Empire Of The Sun - La-La Land 2CD

Jay

SWEET!!! Looking forward to listening to this set! Another fantastic release of the Maestro's work. Awesome.

Great!

Now let's hope Williams wasn't involved in this in any way!

Have faith, filmmusic. Mike Matessino did this one. All his releases are perfect!

Great!

Have faith, filmmusic. Mike Matessino did this one. All his releases are perfect!

You mean without album edits, mixed order cues and stuff?

that's encouraging then.. :)

oh, by the way, is this limited?

Yes, it is limited, as is everything in their "Expanded Archival Collection" line.

Great!

I'm sure it'll be Complete Film Score on Disc 1 and OST Album + alternates and stuff on Disc 2.

Can't wait for this!

unless it is very limited i dont think this will be much sought. I mean hook was a grail and copies still remain.

This is not a famous Williams work. I'm so eager to discover the unreleased music... :)

Slightly disappointed, but of course I'll still get it.

Does anyone know how much music is missing from the original release???

ok, well this is a good release for sure.

Hopefully Williams won't pull a Neverfeast insert and cut out the choir cue I wanted at the end

Do you have any other entries in the Expanded Archival Collection, JohnnyD?

Fantastic news! Brilliant! I can't wait! :)

Great!

Well this is also reassuring news! He is the top bloke in the business!

Perhaps 20 minutes if I remember correctly. But of course there might be more if they have unearthed some additional unused music on the sessions.

Well the OST is 55 minutes and CDs hold 80, so I have to imagine they have more than 25 minutes of unreleased music to add - otherwise it would have only been a 1CD set, right?

Well the OST is 55 minutes and CDs hold 80, so I have to imagine they have more than 25 minutes of unreleased music to add - otherwise it would have only been a 1CD set, right?

Not if they include the OST album plus extras on disc 2 as has been their wont of late. But I will happily assume that there is more than 25 minutes of unreleased music. :)

Yeah, but imagine if instead of the OST they found a disk full of alternates and unused themes

Would have been cool, no doubt. But I somehow doubt there is this much material out there.

Karol

Slightly disappointed

???

Slightly disappointed that's it not 5 or 6 others I desired more. I enjoy the OST, and wasn't really in need of an expansion. But I'm sure I'll be thrilled with it when it comes out...

The movie was sparsely scored for an epic but if JW recorded substantial alternates, i'm up for it. It's not his most focused score but that's part of its qualities. Watching the movie i always thought they tried for a more binding theme but never found it.

Well, unless Jay is saying Disk 2 is not the OST presentation

Hopefully Williams composed a bunch of his classic majestic cues for this film and Spielberg told him to tone it down

I'm not saying anything! I am sure after their June 3rd titles are released, LLL's attention will shift to the June 24th titles. I wouldn't expect any more information until then!

That depends...refresh my memory, Jason. Are there any expanded releases of the Maestro's work in the "Expanded Archival Collection"? If not, then no, I do not.

That depends...refresh my memory, Jason. Are there any expanded releases of the Maestro's work in the "Expanded Archival Collection"? If not, then no, I do not.

The Expanded Archival Collection line from LLL covers expansions of Warner Brothers properties, apart from the ones that received a "Warner Brothers 90th Anniversary" banner instead in 2013/14 (Rosewood, Police Academy, Matrix Reloaded, Black Beauty, Wyatt Earp, Superman Returns, Superman: TAS, Lethal Weapon box)

The Fugitive

Mars Attacks!

Eraser

Batman

Batman Returns

Batman: Mast of the Phantasm

Batman Forever

Forever Young

Dave

The Matrix Revolutions

Dennis The Menace

When does it go up for Pre-Order?

It doesn't. It goes up for order-order on June 24th.

I'm not overly familiar with the movie, but is there a seriously major cue that people have been clamoring for that isn't on the OST either fully or partially? I haven't seen anything specific mentioned in this thread, which I was surprised about.

I'm not overly familiar with the movie, but is there a seriously major cue that people have been clamoring for that isn't on the OST either fully or partially? I haven't seen anything specific mentioned in this thread, which I was surprised about.

Yes - this cue:

Yea. Boggles the mind that JW wouldn't think it was a necessary cue to be on the OST *shrug*