The Official Howard Shore Thread

Jilal

The opera? Yeah, it kind of did. They did two performances, I think. And no one bothered to record it properly, not counting some vocal elements and small camera like video recording of one night performance. So no real material exists anywhere. Sadly. Don Davis at least has a CD recording of his.

But, as I said, Goldenthal recorded some stuff in Poland last year and it's relatively cheap to do it, so who knows.

Karol

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Dead Ringers is the most satisfying expansion of the three and the most accessible (also the only one presented chronologically).

The additional tracks from Crash aren't essential but do present interesting takes on the material (First Crash, Hangar, the piano demo).

I'm not a big fan of Naked Lunch and the expansion has done little to change that!

Dead Ringers is indeed the best of those. It's a surprisingly tender and gentle score for a Cronenberg film. And because of 43 minutes running time it never outstays its welcome.

Unlike Jim, I do like Naked Lunch. But the expansion changes very little.

Karol

Naked Lunch is in an excellent album and as a sometime jazz fan I can say I dig it.

Have you heard the Cell by any chance?

I've only heard a cue from Naked Lunch. I'm not sure I'll enjoy the whole album, as the jazzy component seems a bit too intense for my liking. :P

I have yet to dive into the Cell. But I'll put it on my "to listen" list. :)