Perseverance Records releasing John Corigliano's rejected score to The Edge Of Darkness

Jay

37438264.jpg

we are immensely proud to be able to release this gorgeous album by acclaimed composer John Corigliano. He has written only four film scores, and this one was rejected by the film's producer after the film was heavily reshot and reedited. We can't tell you which movie it was from, but I am sure you will be able to figure it out. You probably have Howard Shore's replacement score already...

Produced in close collaboration with the composer, music producer Teese Gohl, Robin Esterhammer and GK Films, to whom a big thank you goes out for making this release a reality.

Track Listing:

1 His Daughter's Death 4:11

2 Reflections 5:15

3 Her Home 3:23

4 Pursuit 3:46

5 Her Friends Death 2:33

6 Hideout 1:55

7 Family Shave 2:31

8 A Sober Story 3:01

9 The Escape 2:03

10 Revenge 3:00

11 Reunification 6:34

Availability: Usually ships in 2-3 business days

Music From the Edge PRD055trans_1x1.gif$19.95trans_1x1.gif

Link: http://store.fortytwotradingco.com/musicfromedge.html

Heard great things about this score and composer, looking forward to checking it out

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great news! I am very interested in hearing what did Corigliano come up with for this film since his film scores, while challenging at times, are extremely good and interesting writing.

Well, the samples sound excellent. I'll give this one a try.

Karol

Indeed. Rather haunting and beautiful passages in those samples. Kind of reminded me of Bernstein's On the Waterfront stylistically.

• 4 months later...

Well, the score is both dark, but has a great theme (to be frank Corigliano always delivers strong melodies) developed throughout, which is given a kathartic resolution in the last track (posted by Inc on the other thread). I can't imagine it working in the film they've made (I haven't seen it). But the CD works almost as a concert piece. Imagine a cross between Goldenthal and some rather Copland-like Americana.

Karol