What is the last Television series you watched?

Jay

Fear the Walking Dead Episode 1

I like it. Solid cast, potentially interesting characters, and a great moody pace. It looks like this show is aiming to be more artful than it's pulpy predecessor. Now that could end up being this show's downfall (heard some complaints about it's slow pace), but so far, I'm digging this pilot. I even prefer the show's electronic score over McCreary's bland work for the original.

But the actual premise if Lethal Weapon isn't that interesting. They worked mainly because of the chemistry of the actors.

Odd couple cop shows has been done loads of time. Why do one and name it Lethal Weapon?

$$$

$$$$$$$$$$

Fear the Walking Dead Episode 1

I even prefer the show's electronic score over McCreary's work for the original.

I keep telling the world, synth scores are back!

Finished the first season of The Wire. Took me a day. That's how good it still is. The gap between DVD and Blu-ray transfers is like night and day, feels like a completely different show in some respects. :)

Karol

The chemistry between the characters (and there are loads in The Wire) is one of the best I've ever seen, tv or cinema. The tone sways between serious and light with unnerving ease and it always works. When people speak about the best tv series the usual suspects are The Wire, Sopranos, and Breaking Bad. Among those three it is undoubtedly The Wire.

12-13 eps per season. Apart from one or two minor elements the show works right from the beginning to the end. The scope is both sprawling and intimate. It's a pity this never really caught on like Sopranos and BB, but I guess I'll take that over having the show cancelled midway!

Speaking of which, I'm starting on Deadwood. Into episode 4 now, so far so good. Terrific production values.

I gave up on The Wire after 3 seasons. Apart from not being able to understand the Baltimore accent (I had the subtitles turned on), I couldn't embrace the film-making style they used, i.e. no score music, and I have next to no interest in the show's themes.

Whereas... I just started season 10 of It's Always Sunny, and realised I'll have to slow down as I'm now caught up. I've watched 9 seasons in 3 months. It had a bit of a lull a couple of seasons back, but the storylines have improved, particularly as they started using locations around Philadelphia, rather than just the bar.

I assume that the UK netflix will get new episodes along with the States, because otherwise I wouldn't be watching episodes that premiered in the States 9 months ago.

That version needs to come on Netflix. How many episodes in a season?

I'm curious what would you say to this series, Quinto. It's nothing like Twin Peaks or Breaking Bad. Veeeery different beast. With one exceptions - all those great series share amazingly written and played characters.

Karol

I might check it out, should it ever turn up on Netflix.

Of the comic book series, I gave Gotham a go. Switched it off halfway through the pilot episode. Waste of time.

Karol

I might check it out, should it ever turn up on Netflix.

Of the comic book series, I gave Gotham a go. Switched it off halfway through the pilot episode. Waste of time.

Karol

Yes Gotham is pretty uneven. I zoned out last year and haven't really kept up this year.

No, it's supposed to be a prequel about Eldon Tyrell and the story behind the creation of original replicants. A man who can't control his own life is playing god.

Karol

Marvel: Agents Of Shield - season 2

The first season started off like a mediocre rip-off or Torchwood, but without the sex. A group of people investigating "monster of the week" type stories.

It gradually improved and really became good when it started to intersect with the events of The Winter Soldier.

Season two starts of strong and just keeps getting better and better. No real "monster of the week" stories, pretty much every episode being part of the larger framework, which deals with a SHIELD trying to rise from the ashes of the HYDRA attack. and continues with plot threads started in season one (Skye's origin's, Grant Ward, Coulson's experences etc)

Some new characters add greatly to the team and every episode moves at a brisk pace.

It's actually quite an ambitious show for network television. Trying it's best to be cinematic on a lean budget, and occasionally succeeding rather well.

The show excels in it's fight scenes, which are consistently well choreographed and shot.

The Skye shoot-out in The Dirty Half Dozen beats anything I saw in Age Of Ultron when it comes to intensity.

Thy=e show isnt innovative or original when it comes to it's story telling, or execution, but it's all done very very well. Likeable characters. Good villains. strong supporting guest start (ranging from Edward James Olmos to the very effectively used Kyle McLanachan)

Recommended!

I agree completely. Skye is great, more than capable of leading Inhumans when that happens. This show is probably the only thing keeping me interested in Marvel happenings.