War Horse Original Soundtrack - Tracklist (Spoilers noted inside)

Jay

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(Forum is working weird lately.)

You sure you didn't just reply at the end of page 1 without realizing there was a page 2? :)

Disturbing.

Karol

Indeed. I guess the movie gets PG-13 rating then. ;)

Hey Jason, if any tracks include spoilers in them could you please tag them? I'd hate to see "The War Horse's Noble End" listed. Thanks!

I heard rumors the last track will be:

16. Flogging a **** horse and Finale.

And track 15 is "A Visit To The Glue Factory"

LOL omg I wonder how he would score that.

Something in vein of the latter part of On the conveyor belt from AotC but with WH theme intervened.

3. Bringing Joey Home, and Bonding (4:48)

Disturbing.

Karol

Yes forming a friendship with an animal is an alien concept. Certainly worth a few dirty thoughts at least. I bet this story is going to be a lurid and sleazy one if there is bonding involved.

1. Dartmoor, 1912 (3:35)

2. The Auction (3:43)

4. Learning the Call (3:42)

Awesome, keep 'em coming! And agreed with Joe, always nice to see a film that isn't just littered with 30 second transitionary cues, especially when it's a drama. God knows there's a lot of that going around these days.

4. will be a montage like "Learning the Ropes" or "Becoming a Geisha," I bet. :)

I have zero worry

What? :blink:

I have zero worry

What? :blink:

It means that KM is not a least bit worried about the War Horse soundtrack release. Which is a counterbalance to the depressed hysteria that is taking over because of Tintin. ;)

It's obviously because Williams seldom screws up the OST release of his drama scores, as opposed to his action/adventure/fantasy/sf scores.

It's obviously because Williams seldom screws up the OST release of his drama scores, as opposed to his action/adventure/fantasy/sf scores.

Just because you or KM don't like it, doesn't mean JW screwed up!

I for one am quite happy with most of his releases -- drama and action/adventure/fantasy/sf, especially because we got many many expanded or complete editions over the years.

Which again has to do with the fact that his fans are much more interested of his action/adventure scores and obsessively want every note from them and not the "dull" drama scores that can have hours of music missing from the album and no one cares.

Plus he really compiles good albums for his drama scores. ;)

Which again has to do with the fact that his fans are much more interested of his action/adventure scores and obsessively want every note from them and not the "dull" drama scores that can have hours of music missing on the album and no one cares.

Actually no. It has more to do with the fact that dramas need much much less music than sf/fantasy/action movies. At least the ones JW scores do.

Plus he really compiles good albums for his drama scores. ;)

That yes. :)

5. Seeding, and Horse vs. Car (3:32)

Wouldn't be surprised if the commas aren't there on the actual final CD

Williams continues to use " and " to either combine two different cues into one track, or to refer to two different things that happen in one cue. You never know!

I wonder if the OST is chronological? Actually you know what - I don't wanna know. I wanna go to the theater and see the movie, THEN analyze the heck out of the score and CD :)

Yeah it will be nice to actually see a film where the music is worth listening to and analysing. :)

Yeah it will be nice to actually see a film where the music is worth listening to and analysing. :)

Yea. With Tintin I am enjoying analyzing everything now, and will watch the movie at home in October to continue to do so. (Obviously I'll see it again in theaters when it finally comes out here 2 months later).

But with War Horse, I don't want to do any of that. I want Spielberg and Williams to take me on a journey in the theater, and for that to be my first experience with everything. I might not even listen to the OST before I see the movie.

With Tintin, I want the OST NOW!!!!!!! ;)

These tracks seem to be telling the story chronologically and I haven't read the book.

The fifth track maybe is the scene in the trailer where the horse reaches the car with the the red haired girl.

Yea. With Tintin I am enjoying analyzing everything now, and will watch the movie at home in October to continue to do so. (Obviously I'll see it again in theaters when it finally comes out here 2 months later).

But with War Horse, I don't want to do any of that. I want Spielberg and Williams to take me on a journey in the theater, and for that to be my first experience with everything. I might not even listen to the OST before I see the movie.

With Tintin, I want the OST NOW!!!!!!! ;)

:lol:

For some reason I feel the same way about this film and score. I want to experience this film as a journey, although I will probably give into the temptation and listen to the OST before seeing the film since it looks to be a good listening experience. :)

I might catch War Whores on TV in a year or 2.

Well, we do already know there'll be bonding and seeding! Not sure I look forward to the Car vs Horse part though.

Other way round for me. I don't wanna listen to the tintin OST, and will go see it on opening day, october 26th. With war horse, the ost will have come out 3 weeks before the film opens over here, so I won't be able to wait.

5. Seeding, and Horse vs. Car (3:32)

6. Plowing (5:57)