A countdown to something exciting

Jay

tumblr_m8fcinfzZT1r76lino1_400.gif

Must keep expectations down...

John will be opening the floor to an interview slash "Ask Me Anything," for JWFan members only. Maybe a live chat even, where he will walk through some of his ideas for Episode VII.

Would Williams have ideas for Episode VII this far in advance? The score probably won't be recorded until this time next year. Although, I remember reading somewhere that JW supposedly said at one his concerts last year that maybe he'll have a preview for the new Star Wars film in 2014. Can't find where I read that, though, but I don't think it was from a reliable source.

Unfortunately, I was engaging in some completely wild and unlikely speculation. But who know, he may have ideas already.

He is quite set in his modus operandi of just seeing the film and not having any prior knowledge of the plot or reading the script or apparently even having very detailed discussions with the director on the content of the movie so he can have as fresh an approach to the emotional narrative as possible, much like any audience member. Very old school. It is the exact opposite of some film composers who are very cerebral and study the subject matter deeply beforehand to kindle their inspiration and imagination. So I don't think he has been actively jotting down stuff or even given much active thought on the musical narrative as there is still no filmic one.

As I said it is probably something EotS related, perhaps an early review of the album and an interview with Matessino plus info and some promo pics of the release.

And that is worth setting a fancy countdown, err, counter?

Is this forum so dead?

Unfortunately, I was engaging in some completely wild and unlikely speculation. But who know, he may have ideas already.

He is quite set in his modus operandi of just seeing the film and not having any prior knowledge of the plot or reading the script or apparently even having very detailed discussions with the director on the content of the movie so he can have as fresh an approach to the emotional narrative as possible, much like any audience member. Very old school. It is the exact opposite of some film composers who are very cerebral and study the subject matter deeply beforehand to kindle their inspiration and imagination. So I don't think he has been actively jotting down stuff or even given much active thought on the musical narrative as there is still no filmic one.

I guess what I read about Williams talking about a Star Wars preview in 2014 was false, unless if the listening person simply misunderstood him.

If it's Star Wars stuff then I hope it's new movie related because we don't need any more music from the older movies. Done to death.

I would like a JWFan theme, or a live Q&A with the Maestro himself!

But I'm sure it's probably something much more mundane really.

If it's Star Wars stuff then I hope it's new movie related because we don't need any more music from the older movies. Done to death.

uhhhhhh?

Disney: "If Lucas doesn't return to making experimental movies, then perhaps we will!"

Fans: "Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!"

uhhhhhh?

Star Wars is fucking boring and played out. But I suppose some people will just NEVER have their fill.

See that's weird to me because I find much of AotC and RotS to be JW dramatic autopilot.

Maybe it's just the completists horder mentality that must have every single note of that stuff.

They have their moments, yes. The OSTs serve them well.

I also prefer the OSTs. They provide for the best listening experience. I'm not a fan of the "every single note must be released" concept.

I am curious. I have been a member of this metwork since 2011. Has there ever been a countdown timer in anticipation for exclusive information on the Maestro's work, be it a new film score, an expanded release, or a new concert piece?

If this is the first time, then it must be something great.

99% of the members here want complete Prequel scores on c.d.

Oh, great! I'm in 1%! :biglaugh:

I am curious. I have been a member of this metwork since 2011. Has there ever been a countdown timer in anticipation for exclusive information on the Maestro's work, be it a new film score, an expanded release, or a new concert piece?

If this is the first time, then it must be something great.

Yes, i was just thinking the same.

it should (or better) be something really really big, to justify the countdown! :mrgreen:

(but I'm afraid it will be something related to Star Wars VII)

I'm not a fan of the "every single note must be released" concept.

Neither am I Alex, but an OST is someone's idea of the 'best bits' of a score. What if that dramatically differs from mine?

Very good point!! (Y)

If we had remained in the 1982 OST of E.T., we would have missed some of the greatest music!

• 2 weeks later...

I was hoping that the big reveal would be John Williams and Howard Shore settling the answer to Ricard's notorious question in a trial by combat.

ROTFLMAO

Oh great! I go to sleep for a few hours and no one get delusions of grandeur! Where is the scoop?!!!