Tintin/War Horse Piano Sheet Music Folio?

tannhauser

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

Does anyone know if there's going to be a piano solo book for War Horse?

If anyone has any self-made piano-sheets for that Remembering Emilie/Finale solo (or anything else), do share it with us :)

Here's someone who played it himself: http://soundcloud.com/andres-valverde/war-horse-score-my-piano-solo

If anyone has any self-made piano-sheets for that Remembering Emilie/Finale solo (or anything else), do share it with us :)

Here's someone who played it himself: http://soundcloud.co...e-my-piano-solo

I don't think he played that. Sounds too stark, so I'm presuming its a midi file played out by a notation program? Maybe someone could ask him for the sheet music?

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.amazon.com/Adventures-Tintin-Motion-Picture-Soundtrack/dp/1458423158

Well there's tintin. I'm dissapointed. Only 6 pieces, 24 pages. Was hoping it'd have a good transcription of "The Adventures of Tintin" "The Adventure Continues" and "Snowy's Theme". All missing. Oh well. Hope there's a better one for War Horse.

Here's someone who played it himself: http://soundcloud.co...e-my-piano-solo

I've written some piano sheet music for War Horse, but not much. There's playback for it too, but the MIDI for it is pretty crappy. Let me know if you're interested, and I can share some of what I've done!

I've written some piano sheet music for War Horse, but not much. There's playback for it too, but the MIDI for it is pretty crappy. Let me know if you're interested, and I can share some of what I've done!

I'd be interested in what you have done!

Okay! The ones I was able to prepare and finish were Dartmoor, 1912; Seeding, and Horse vs. Car; The Reunion; Remembering Emilie, and Finale; and The Homecoming.

Sorry, I haven't been able to get to Tintin yet; I can be pretty busy at times, so I haven't gotten a chance to get started on that. When I have the time, I'll be able to finish and share more.

Anyway, here's the link. I hope you enjoy!

http://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/2CdKoeWZm7bDIZJafPxoPsWMaeUbSVAfKSst%2FhX8CNQ

Wow! Those look fantastic! Great work, Hal Leonard and Alfred should employ you! Can't wait to get my hands on a piano and play them all. Really looking forward to your transcriptions of Tintin - please do "The Adventures of Tintin" if you can manage it!

I just listened to Remembering Emilie and most of Homecoming following along with Williamsmusiclover's score.... Totally in awe of your skills and grateful for the time you took to do that and then share it here.. Thank you.

Oh and are you open to requests? I'd certainly pay you for your time and a couple of pieces I have in mind would I imagine be much easier to transcribe than the War Horse pieces.

Hey guys! Sorry I've been gone so long; I'm usually pretty busy a lot. But thank you for all of the kind feedback; this is amazing! And it's my pleasure!

I accept any kind of requests like the one you gave me for Tintin, and don't worry; I really want to do it, and I look forward to starting it! I have a lot on my plate right now, but once I have more ready, I'll share them!

I'm no witch hahaha, I'm a person and musician! And I'm working on a lot of transcriptions that I don't think have been done yet, mostly John Williams stuff right now.

Let me know if you have anything else on your mind, and I'll do the best I can!

So I just looked at the link for the War Horse piano book, which they just updated with all the content. There's nine songs total:

The Auction * Bringing Joey Home, and Bonding * Dartmoor, 1912 * The Death of Topthorn * The Homecoming * Learning the Call * Plowing * Remembering Emilie, and Finale * Seeding, and Horse Vs. Car.

Half of this list is what I've actually shared hahaha; if anyone buys the book, let me know how it compares with my own transcriptions and tell me what you like better!

Hi. I'm new to this group. I posted my transcribed piano solo called War Horse-Remembering Emilie piano solo on Youtube a few days ago. My apologies as I played it a little faster than it should be. I love the music but found myself dragging on the piano. I also added an end to it. I'll be posting more of my piano solos in the near future for unpublished movie music which is my specialty. I've already transcribed the original Godzilla theme and military march, my favorite Danny Elfman Army Of Darkness theme, the movie version of Charlie Chaplin's Smile, the entire Let The Right One In piece from the Swedish movie, Honolulu Baby and Lazy Moon from some Laurel and Hardy movies and segments of Tooth And Claw from 2005's King Kong. Not trying to brag but wanted you to know what's coming. I used to attempt this years ago but couldn't quite get it down right. Now I'm on a roll and obsessed. Also coming -old horror movie music from Hans Salter and Frank Skinner(The Wolfman, Frankenstein Meets The Wolfman, etc). WGN's Family Classics theme, Victor Young's Samson And Delilah themes, Bernstein's The Ten Commandments and much more. I sit at the piano and listen to the music and experiment by handwriting it until I get it as close to what I hear as possible. Thanks for reading! I wouldn't have to do this if the music publishers would publish what I want to play.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. I'm new to this group. I posted my transcribed piano solo called War Horse-Remembering Emilie piano solo on Youtube a few days ago. My apologies as I played it a little faster than it should be. I love the music but found myself dragging on the piano. I also added an end to it. I'll be posting more of my piano solos in the near future for unpublished movie music which is my specialty. I've already transcribed the original Godzilla theme and military march, my favorite Danny Elfman Army Of Darkness theme, the movie version of Charlie Chaplin's Smile, the entire Let The Right One In piece from the Swedish movie, Honolulu Baby and Lazy Moon from some Laurel and Hardy movies and segments of Tooth And Claw from 2005's King Kong. Not trying to brag but wanted you to know what's coming. I used to attempt this years ago but couldn't quite get it down right. Now I'm on a roll and obsessed. Also coming -old horror movie music from Hans Salter and Frank Skinner(The Wolfman, Frankenstein Meets The Wolfman, etc). WGN's Family Classics theme, Victor Young's Samson And Delilah themes, Bernstein's The Ten Commandments and much more. I sit at the piano and listen to the music and experiment by handwriting it until I get it as close to what I hear as possible. Thanks for reading! I wouldn't have to do this if the music publishers would publish what I want to play.

That's exactly my thoughts too for the last sentence you had; there are so many opportunities for piano sheets that the publishers haven't published! I'm interested to see what you've done so far for this impressive list you've shared; would you mind, then, being able to post the link to where you're sharing these sheets when you get a chance?

For anyone else interested and those who haven't discovered it yet, I've started a forum where I am sharing my transcriptions. Here's the link so you can check it out! http://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=21503&hl=&fromsearch=1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi. Sorry for the late response. Unfortunately, the way I transcribe is a little bizarre. I listen to the music and write down the notes on music paper without any rests, etc. Unless one knows the music, it's unreadable. My son tried to play some of my stuff and got frustrated. I need to input these into a music program when I have the time. I also need to teach myself along the way how to correctly write music so a stranger can play what I've written. Let's just say that being self taught has its positives but also minuses. I will get these correct sometime this year as I'm on a roll with movie music. I'm almost finished with my arrangement of the end titles for Randy Newman's Awakenings. Then I'm on to Chaplin's Modern Times main title theme which I'll combine with the movie accurate version of "Smile" which is finished. I've got a huge list but I seem to be getting faster at doing this. Putting these into a music program will probably take forever but it'll be worth it. Any suggestions about how to learn to notate correctly are appreciated.

There are a lot of music programs out there that'll let you notate correctly, but they all cost money if you're willing to spend a couple hundred dollars.

However, I know of a free music program that'll do all of this, and it happens to be the one I use! You can download it here: http://musescore.org/en/download