So Ridley Scott is directing an Alien prequel... (The official Prometheus Thread)

crocodile

At least he's a wheel, the ancient Egyptians didn't even have a wheel.

ermm... ever seen King Tut's chariots? ;-) Ancient Egypt lasted 3000 years,and eventually they did have wheels :)

At least he's a wheel, the ancient Egyptians didn't even have a wheel.

ermm... ever seen King Tut's chariots? ;-) Ancient Egypt lasted 3000 years,and eventually they did have wheels :)

Sure, thanks to the Romans who needed their grain.

Sure, that's why they call it the most accurate build building on the planet. :rolleyes:

Oh in many ways. Particularly considering its vast age. Incredible,and the perfection of that main chamber never ceases to amaze me given the age of the structure. What I refer to more so is that 'un-earthly/other worldly' (or similar claims that tend to come) need not be an essential description about the structures, based on having been all over them myself,inside and out, a few times. Up close they 'can' be accepted as the work of human hands, particularly when it comes to the inner core stones and the areas between the core stones and the remaining casing stones. Great knowledge of planning, yet the work of human hands in the actual construction doesn't seem improbable. It is in this way that for me sometimes the accuracy thing can be overplayed at times. Discoverys have even shown the logistics of major works going on around the site. I don't discount the idea that the ancient Egyptians added 'to' a core existing structure though. The platea is always giving up new finds.

I tend to feel that the truth about the structures probably exists somewhere between the traditional and alternative viewpoints, and that they need not be polar opposites.

Anyway, yes, I hear Ridley Scott is directing an Alien Prequel? :P

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, didn't he kinda reveal that he's going to play a friggin robot?

BTW, did you read the second link? Idris Elba (Stinger Bell in The Wire) is going to be in it!

Alex

• 3 weeks later...

I wouldn't look down on TV so easily, Steef. When it comes to acting and characters, TV has surpassed movies. These days most movies only showcase effects and such.

Having said that, I don't have a clue who that fella is.

When talking about TV I'm referring to TV series, not Big Brother, Steef! Sure, NCSI & co is terrible but shows like Mad Men, Breaking Bad, The Wire, Rome, Deadwood, Carnivale, The Sopranos, et cetera, satisfy me more than most new movies out there.

• 4 weeks later...