Get John Williams a star on the Walk of Fame!

altosax1014

See? That's what I've been trying to say. He doesn't need it, but it is a good way for his fans to show their love of his work and it would be great to someday walk down there and see his name instead of Vin Deisel.

Steef, to altosax's credit, if the French had the attitude of "why should I give money to people I don't know to build something across the ocean that I'll never go see myself when I cannot afford to feed my family without a lucrative job, paycheck, and fancy horse and buggy?"

Ok, it would have sounded more like "pourquoi devrais je donner à argent aux gens I don' ; t savent pour établir quelque chose à travers l'océan qui I' ; le ll ne vont jamais se voient quand je ne peux pas me permettre d'alimenter mon famille sans travail lucratif, un chèque de règlement, et un cheval et un boguet de fantaisie?"

If they would have that attitude, then NYC would never have gotten its Statue of Liberty.

And without a Statue of Liberty, Vigo the Carpathian would rule the world.

You don't want Vigo the Carpathian to rule the world, do you?

DO YOU????

Still awaiting a response from Mr. Williams on if he will okay his nomination. I know he's going into the process for "Lincoln", so he's busy. Has anyone sent him a letter and gotten a response from him before? About how long did it take?

Huh...well, that's cool. He'll get to me when he gets to me.

I suggest contacting him through one of the concert venues that he will be performing at in the near future. That seems to give better results.

Good idea about the venue contact. I'll be at the Hollywood Bowl to see his concert this year. What is KONY 2012?

You don't watch or read the news much, do you?

You know what you should do? You should do something akin to "KONY 2012" Make this thing famous. ;)

Don't put it past altosax. I fully expect him to resort to murder and kidnapping to get Williams his star.

I never asked for any money. The money would come from Mr. Williams' friends and go to the star commitee directly. I try to stay away from most news.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Well, the deadline of one year for Williams to respond to Sax' "inquiry" is almost up. What's up?

Did he catch Williams at a concert? Sax hasn't posted since, I hope John didn't kill him with a baton to the eyeball.

So, no star yet.

Let's hijack that walk of fame and carve that star ourselves, what do you say?

I'd say that it's probably something Williams isn't interested in or he'd probably already have one.

That.

Possibly. However; I think it's a bit 'dangerous' to start thinking for someone else. And in all honesty; altosax did consider this. His 'plan' included contacting JW personally to acquire his opinion on getting a star on the Walk Of Fame.