Upcoming Films

Quintus

On 3/9/2016 at 6:08 PM, Jay said:

Daisy Ridley might star in the Tomb Raider film reboot

Continuing the de-breast-ing of Lara Croft!

Alicia Vikander will be starring as Lara Croft in Norwegian director Roar Uthaug’s Tomb Raider reboot

alicia-vikander.jpg (1360×2040)  

Even smaller!

5 hours ago, Quintus said:

I know somebody first hand who does. She's a Muslim, obviously. 

There's a guy I used to work with at an older job that believes in literally ever single conspiracy theory you can imagine. Anti-vaccination, believes in chemtrails, believes in illuminati, 9/11 was an inside job, we didn't land on the moon, Earth is flat, Sun isn't as far away as science says it is, etc. etc. I keep him on my friends list as a reality check that people out there believe this stuff. 

That is the type of person you never let go of.  It's the same reason I keep crazy Trump supporters on my friends list.  I hate them so much I cannot stand to be without them.

I don't want to see this, but its nice to see Emelia Clarke has range.  Between this as Terminator 5 she got to do a lot more than the fairly one-note Danaerys Targaeryn.

2 hours ago, nightscape94 said:

That is the type of person you never let go of.  It's the same reason I keep crazy Trump supporters on my friends list.  I hate them so much I cannot stand to be without them.

Aw I love you too.

Definitely a B movie, but still, it could be better then The Martian. ;)

Not sure what to think of this ...

And finally, the Western is not dead!

A western must be set in the old West. It cannot be set in modern times. Examples of what are not westerns include No Country for old Men and Last of the Mohecains

38 minutes ago, Alexcremers said:

Then what's your idea of a good Western, Koray? Let's see if we can agree with each other!

Nothing in that trailer looked interesting visually, for one. For me, a Western is about environment and scope as much as it is about plot and characters. It incorporates some aspect about a way of life.

what's wrong with the trailer?

Looks very intriguing. 

The teaser was masterful and intriguing. However, the trailer gives me the feeling that this movie is not for me. Now that the style of the movie becomes more clear, it no longer arouses my interest. Perhaps it's a Joey movie?

It's too daring for you Alex. Woman vs nature offends people like you. 

Of course you're not a movie goer anyways. You're afraid to go outside. Agoraphobia is treatable if you're ballsy enough to seek help.

1 hour ago, Alexcremers said:

The teaser was masterful and intriguing. However, the trailer gives me the feeling that this movie is not for me. Now that the style of the movie becomes more clear, it no longer arouses my interest. Perhaps it's a Joey movie?

it's okay, you'll always have Open Water ;)

Any movie that has a great white as a villain I will take a peak. 

6 hours ago, Joey said:

It's too daring for you Alex. Woman vs nature offends people like you. 

Didn't I say that the teaser was brilliant? Same theme but so much more alluring. Now everything feels more ordinary. :(

5 hours ago, Joey said:

Any movie that has a great white as a villain I will take a peak. 

As long there's a big monster in it you are happy, right? That seems to be the case for a few of you here. 

w2.jpg

6 hours ago, Stefancos said:

Its much more fun then the ponderous first one.

I liked the first one!  Well, I did - gasp - 13 years ago when it came out.  Who knows what I'd think of it now...

Yeah the first was a bit dopey but the second was fun.  And both scores are top-notch Zimmer.  The second features my favorite isolated passage from his entire output. 

12 hours ago, TheGreyPilgrim said:

And both scores are top-notch Zimmer.

Really? I didn't think you liked Zimmer much.

12 hours ago, TheGreyPilgrim said:

And both scores are top-notch Zimmer.

Really? I didn't think you liked Zimmer much.

He thinks Zimmer is better than Williams 

Now now, Joey.  When I consider my most cherished Zimmer music and my most cherished Williams music, yes, they hold equal aesthetic and spiritual importance for me.  It's nice to like multiple things!

12 hours ago, Romão said:

Which one?

5:24 to about 7:40.

I too like multiple composers. You know the Holy Trinity John, Jerry, and James.

11 minutes ago, Joey said:

I too like multiple composers. You know the Holy Trinity John, Jerry, and James.

Wait, those are the ONLY composers you listen to?