Signature Piece of The Force Awakens?

crumbs

Anyone got any theories about the "signature" piece of TFA?

The equivalent of Duel of the Fates, Across the Stars or Battle of the Heroes?

I'm sure the film will have at least 4 new themes, but I'd love to know what's been cooked up for the main theme.

A galaxy divided against itself cannot stand.

But heroes of the republic will duel their fates, across the stars of the galactic empire. What a battle that will be.

A Galaxy Divided is the title, apparently.

Kevin Kiner says that is already taken! ;)

A galaxy divided against itself cannot stand.

But heroes of the republic will duel their fates, across the stars of the galactic empire.

While the masses gather to watch Ben and Luke on a log.

I can see Ben and Luke "dropping a log" being the storyline for the 13th Star Wars Anthology film, directed by Josh Trank with music composed by Atticus Ross.

I think ESB has a lot of signature pieces.

How many times do you hear The Asteroid field in the score?

How many times do you hear The Imperial March in the score?

How many tracks have The Asteroid Field in them?

How many tracks have The Imperial March in them?

Does The Asteroid Field appear in the end credits?

So you're saying that Williams is incapable of coming up with anything interesting for TFA and is, instead, relying on William Ross to write the interesting themes for him?

Lies.

I'm 97.43% confident that Thomas Newman only agreed to write the score for Bridge of Spies on the condition that he could ghost-write TFA.

I think ESB has a lot of signature pieces.

How many times do you hear The Asteroid field in the score?

How many times do you hear The Imperial March in the score?

How many tracks have The Asteroid Field in them?

How many tracks have The Imperial March in them?

Does The Asteroid Field appear in the end credits?

A signature piece is determined by how many times it appears in the score? I associate "signature" with "outstanding."

What crumbs meant by signature, was the big theme that is introduced in the new film, that everyone associates with it, and usually makes it into the End Credits, examples:

TPM:

Duel of the Fates and Anakin's Theme.

AOTC:

Across the Stars (Love theme and other motifs?).

ROTS:

Battle of the Heroes.

SW77:

Luke's Theme, Leia's Theme, Rebel Fanfare.

ESB:

Yoda's Theme, Imperial March, Han Solo and the Princess.

ROTJ:

Parade of the Ewoks, Luke and Leia. (The Throne Room is also in the End Credits, but that was from SW77 so it does not count)

Because its in the End Credits? and it was not there in any of the other films End Credits?

I am not actually counting it, hence the parenthesis.

What Faleel said. :)

So, end credits suite of Rey's Theme /First Order March/Kylo Ren's Theme/The Resistance Theme.

So... nothing new. Sounds craptacular. How many SW damsel themes do we need, how many menacing imperious marches, yawn.

What Faleel said. :)

So, end credits suite of Rey's Theme /First Order March/Kylo Ren's Theme/The Resistance Theme.

So... nothing new. Sounds craptacular. How many SW damsel themes do we need, how many menacing imperious marches, yawn.

As many as it takes to get you brain washed and onboard the JW express!

I'm sure the film will have at least 4 new themes, but I'd love to know what's been cooked up for the main theme.

A memorable signature theme isn't guaranteed. KOTCS sure as hell didn't have one.

In terms of themes though, I'm expecting one for Rey, one for Kylo, and one for the First Order (which may or may not be interchangeable with Kylo's theme). It'd be really cool to have something for the Resistance/Poe but it's hard to tell whether or not it'll happen. I'm also expecting tons of minor motifs for characters like BB8, Maz Kanata, and Snope.

Rey's theme will be like Tauriel's theme, an heroic action motif.

That would actually be pretty awesome. I'm afraid that Williams' theme for Rey will be far too feminine and fluffy. She is far from a "damsel in distress" and the theme should reflect that.

It will probably be Rey's theme. Child Of The Stars, or some bullshit like that.

Rey of Hope

A memorable signature theme isn't guaranteed. KOTCS sure as hell didn't have one.

In terms of themes though, I'm expecting one for Rey, one for Kylo, and one for the First Order (which may or may not be interchangeable with Kylo's theme). It'd be really cool to have something for the Resistance/Poe but it's hard to tell whether or not it'll happen. I'm also expecting tons of minor motifs for characters like BB8, Maz Kanata, and Snope.

Rey's theme will be like Tauriel's theme, an heroic action motif.

That would actually be pretty awesome. I'm afraid that Williams' theme for Rey will be far too feminine and fluffy. She is far from a "damsel in distress" and the theme should reflect that.

He does have a history of grossly mischaracterizing people in his themes, so this is a legitimate concern.