Upcoming Films

Quintus

bone_tomahawk_poster-600x887_zpss6pjrmbi

Bone Tomahawk sees Russell joined in the cast by Patrick Wilson (The Conjuring), Matthew Fox (Lost), Richard Jenkins (The Visitor), Lili Simmons (Banshee), Sean Young (Blade Runner), David Arquette (Scream), Sid Haig (House of 1000 Corpses), Geno Segers (Teen Wolf), Kathryn Morris (Minority Report), Michael Pare (Streets of Fire) and Evan Jonigkeit (X-Men: Days of Future Past)

Alex - single-handedly keeping the Western alive!

Hopefully it's not another sci-fi movie. To me that''s Nolan at his worst.

Not to me, but I also hope it's new genre territory for him.

Perhaps a feel good movie with gritty undertones?

Like Thelma And Louise? Ridley Scott was called a cold fish until he made that movie. Wasn't Interstellar a feel good movie too?

I still call Ridley a cold fish.

I have yet to see Nolan do a feel good movie. I bet he would excel in explaining thoroughly how good the characters are feeling and how good we should feel about it.

Scott being one note all the time prior to Thelma and Louise was because he hadn't grown as an artist till that point. The success and brilliance of that movie allowed him to move onto broader material, some of which I absolutely love, like Gladiator for example. If he was still just working with bleak and dystopian themes all the time he'd be another boring cliché working in Alex's favourite masturbatory genre.

And anyway, it's daft that people seem to overlook that Scott has never really been consistent at greatness. Ever since Blade Runner completed his holy trinity of cinematic expression they've been foolishly waiting for round two. Just be happy with what you have and let it go, move the fuck on!

Well, Blade Runner has Eastern influences and Black Rain is filmed in Japan. Other than that, the latter is merely a cliched buddy cop movie of the '80s. In belongs to the same class as Someone To Watch Over Me.

Like Thelma And Louise? Ridley Scott was called a cold fish until he made that movie. Wasn't Interstellar a feel good movie too?

I still call Ridley a cold fish.

There's nothing cold about the passion and beauty that I see in his first 3 flickering tales. After that, something has changed. There's something 'by the numbers' about most of his movies. I no longer see an artist with ambition.

Scott being one note all the time prior to Thelma and Louise was because he hadn't grown as an artist till that point. The success and brilliance of that movie allowed him to move onto broader material, some of which I absolutely love, like Gladiator for example. If he was still just working with bleak and dystopian themes all the time he'd be another boring cliché working in Alex's favourite masturbatory genre.

Thelma & Louise is brilliant. Geena Davis, Susan Sarandon, Michael Madsen, Brad Pitt, Harvey Keitel, a great script, breathtaking cinematography, a wonderful Zimmer score, great choice of songs, plus the most perfect ending.

And one big LOL moment that gets me laughing out loud every time. Take a guess which scene makes me do that. ;)

I'd love for Scott to return to this kind of filmmaking... with heartfelt emotions and focusing on the characters' journey, not relying on visual effects or bloated storylines.

This new Star Wars movie looks interesting. But I heard this one is from Disney, which seems weird.

Not sure how it will look in my collection either. The other ones all have Fox labels on them and this one will have Disney, so it will stand out and look out of place.