The MCU - Marvel Cinematic Universe

Jay

I feel my TFA experiment worked too.  I knew next to nothing about the characters and didn't watch any of the full trailers or TV spots.  I stayed away from everything the last 3 months and I believe my movie-watching experience was that much greater by the time I sat my butt in the theater.

People are trading out on the highest degree of surprise possible in order to have constant non-stop discussion and analysis over the course of two or three years.

8 hours ago, Jay said:

New trailer's here

Wow - that Spider-man ending is one of the coolest little trailer moments in quite a while!

I actually thought the Spider-Man bit was unnecessary. Not a big fan of his costume -- the narrowing eyes don't look right in live action and I hate those black bands on his arms and legs.

Spider-Man is burning me out. I love the character, but there's been five movies in the span of 12 years with two different actors. Maybe the cameo will get me pumped for the second reboot next year.

You're complaining about 5 Spider-man movies in 12 years, yet want to see Civil War, which is the 5th movie in 6 years to feature Captain America :P

(It's also the 7th film in 9 years with Iron Man, 5th film in 7 years with Black Widow, and 5th film in 9 years with Pepper Potts and Rhodey :P)

12 hours ago, nightscape94 said:

People are trading out on the highest degree of surprise possible in order to have constant non-stop discussion and analysis over the course of two or three years.

Indeed.

I was watching this trailer with some apprehension. From about halfway through, this was my reaction:

"Neat. But I know enough now. Now don't show Spider-Man. Don't show Spider-Man, don't show Spider-Man, please don't show Spider-Man, don't show -- FUUUUUUUUUUUU..."

I'll be happy if it's a better film then Age Of Ultron.

11 minutes ago, Mr. Breathmask said:

"Neat. But I know enough now. Now don't show Spider-Man. Don't show Spider-Man, don't show Spider-Man, please don't show Spider-Man, don't show -- FUUUUUUUUUUUU..."

We all know what Spider-Man looks like though.

Trailer was meh. Spiderman was alright I guess, but the design doesn't seem to offer anything particularly new.

Pretty indifferent to this new Avengers flick.

Maybe not something to expect from a Marvel picture. But I'm still not sure what everyone is getting so excited over. Probably would have been cooler if we didn't already know Spiderman was cast or was getting another reboot.

Me neither. Almost 20 people shared it on my FB feed on the day it came out and I only got the chance to check it out now. Pretty underwhelming.

2 minutes ago, KK. said:

I think I will!! Pretty sure @crocodile was one of them!

This does not help with the recent questioning of his devotion to The Faith... you will be rewarded for any more information that you provide about potential heresy.

I admit this trailer left me completely cold. As did the previous one.

And yes, I am guilty of sharing it on FB. But that was before I got a chance to see it.

Karol

You have been scaring me lately Karol. I nominate that the Church re-evaluate your allegiance to the order.

2 minutes ago, crocodile said:

It's just your generic mid-life crisis.

Karol

So soon eh? Doesn't bode well for my future...

Didn't you go through one yourself recently?

3 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

I wonder if Phase 3 will break the Marvel Cinematic Empire...

Yes please. The day it crashes and burns, only then will I join Steef and Grey in running out of my house naked.

Just now, KK. said:

So soon eh? Doesn't bode well for my future...

Didn't you go through one yourself recently?

I have one every two weeks, on average.

Karol

3 minutes ago, crocodile said:

I have one every two weeks, on average.

Karol

It's good to get it out of the way early.  I had like a quarter-life crisis.

24 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

Yeah, but at the same time it'll crash, the DC Cinematic Empire will soar, and while DC does offer something different from Marvel, at the end of the day, it's still superhero movies!

Is that coming out this month? Had no idea!

But yeah, I'll check that one out. Not feeling great about it though.

The title is misleading - it doesn't mean 9 new ones, it refers to the 9 we already know about

1 Agents of SHIELD

2 Agent Carter

3 Daredevil

4 Jessica Jones

5 Luke Cage

6 Iron Fist

7 The Defenders

8 The Punisher

9 Marvel's Most Wanted