Howard Shore's The Desolation Of Smaug (Hobbit Part 2)

gkgyver

"What's new? I'm listening. Feeling' blue? I'm listening. Feelin' sad, feelin' mad, feelin' bad, feelin' glad, I'm listening."

That's a wonderful empty studio. Amazing how we get a lot of new info from that!

Hey hey hey! Some of us get a huge buzz out of knowing that this is the venue where DoS score is recorded and soon that floor will be flooded with musicians and Mr. Pope and Mr. Shore, all ready to make some musical magic happen. And you can clearly see a member of technical staff or some assistant wandering at the back right there!

Another PIC:

Jon Dante (trumpet from the NZSO)...put this on FB:

THe RECORDINGS SESSIONS OF DOS FINISHED LAST NIGHT!!!!

With Conrad Pope, conductor and orchestrator

994343_10151634751906644_637259754_n.jpg

With PJ

1377539_10151634751826644_608442409_n.jp

And ...yes... Conrad Pope is conducting the orchestra...

1379715_10151634751956644_825798319_n.jp

Looks like this score also took a toll on poor Mr. Pope!!!

Clearly he has aged a day!!! Weeks even!!!

That's a wonderful empty studio. Amazing how we get a lot of new info from that!

Hey hey hey! Some of us get a huge buzz out of knowing that this is the venue where DoS score is recorded and soon that floor will be flooded with musicians and Mr. Pope and Mr. Shore, all ready to make some musical magic happen. And you can clearly see a member of technical staff or some assistant wandering at the back right there!

Takes more than a huge buzz for me then.

He wasnt involved obviously.

He sketched out a few themes. Pope was hired to orchestrate them, rearrange some of the material from the LOTR trilogy and the first Hobbit score and conduct the sessions.

Classic Superman 4/Harry Potter COS sutuation

And where is Howard Shore???

Across the sea... Over the horizoooonnn...

The ships have come to carry him hooooommmmeeee.....

Sleep nooooooow...And dream of the ones who came before....

bsolerdr5.jpg

They are caaalllliiiinnnngggg..... From across the distant Shore.

So does this mean that Shore was writing and prepping the music in New York and Pope conducted the score in NZ for him? Or was Shore just on a brief trip to US and in the meanwhile they wrapped up recording for DoS. Curious. Well by the time we see the sleeve note credits we will know for certain.

Music Composed by Howard Shore

Music Conducted and Co-Orchestrated by Conrad Pope

You forgot something:

So does this mean that Shore was writing and prepping the music in New York and Pope conducted the score in NZ for him? Or was Shore just on a brief trip to US and in the meanwhile they wrapped up recording for DoS. Curious. Well by the time we see the sleeve note credits we will know for certain.

Music Conducted and Co-Orchestrated with Additional Music by Conrad Pope

Fix'd

You forgot something:

Music Conducted and Co-Orchestrated with Additional Music by Conrad Pope

The Film Scoring and Score Recording Fiasco Orchestrated by Peter Jackson

Fix'd

Fixed!

Jackson.jpg

And CONRAD POPE says...

With the superb first trumpet of the NZSO, Jon Dante celebrating the end of a series of some 29(?) sessions with the NZSO. Making music with the NZSO was wonderful and I look forward to working with them again- not only are they a superb concert orchestra, they are a remarkable "film orchestra"- they read difficult music accurately right out of "the chute". But now, after 3 pictures, recording sessions in Wellington and London, since June-- it's time to sleep in, rest up and fly home and await the next assignment.

I guess if Doug doesn't disclose anything the press release for the album should be revealing.

To the person on here (I'm sorry, I can't remember who it was) who said Doug was travelling to New Zealand with Howard Shore - what was your source for that?

Most curious ... So, the sessions are over? What about revisions? No Middle-Earth score was finished mid-October.

The chances that PJ is done cutting the film are next to impossible.

Most curious ... So, the sessions are over? What about revisions? No Middle-Earth score was finished mid-October.

The chances that PJ is done cutting the film are next to impossible.

And I suppose the big question is, if new music is required, then who does it?

And misteriously...the trumpet deleted the pics of PJ and Conrad conducting!!

It's probably the NDAs. They can't readily admit they're scoring The Hobbit, even though its obvious.

NDA?

Non-Disclosure Agreement. I.e. Keep it secret, keep it safe! Or the company lawyers will come after you and they make Nazgûl look like harmless pests in comparison.