Music by John Debney

Additional Music by Kevin Kaska

LLLCD 1286

RETAIL PRICE: $19.98

Album Produced by John Debney and Dan Goldwasser

Mastered by Marc Senasac at Sony Masterworks

Liner Notes by Jeff Bond

Art Direction by Dan Goldwasser

Sony and La-La Land Records are proud to announce the 2 CD release of one of the greatest scores ever recorded for a video game – LAIR, music by John Debney (PASSION OF THE CHRIST, CUTTHROAT ISLAND, THE RELIC). Making its debut for the first time on CD, this jam packed 2 cd set features more music that was released digitally many years ago. This jaw-dropping, swashbuckling, lush and gorgeous score is filled with themes you will be humming for the rest of your life. A truly inspired work that ranks up there with Lord of the Rings, Willow and Conan the Barbarian as one of the best scores in the realm of Fantasy! Jeff Bond’s informative liner notes take you deep inside the game and it’s score with comments from composer John Debney. As an added bonus we have also included the Live Concert suite that the The Orchestra Filarmonia and the Ziryab Choir performed at the BSO Spirit Awards!

The first 150 people who purchase the cd directly through the website will receive an autographed booklet signed by composer John Debney free of charge. PLEASE NOTE: Autographs are limited. You are not a guaranteed a signed booklet.

It is being released on Tuesday, April 8th at 12 NOON PST.

Our very own Olivier Soudé (EhTar) has just published this great article including entries from Dan Goldwasser about the creation of the final product (Scroll past all the French to get to the English)

http://www.underscores.fr/index.php/2014/04/news-lair-john-debney-chevauche-le-dragon/

Did anybody else read Olivier's article?

It's interesting that the album that came out in 2007 was not Debney's intended arrangement, and that the new CD will present his preferred arrangement. But it's also a 2CD set... is disc 1 his arrangment, and disc 2 bonus tracks? Or is his arrangement longer than 80 minutes? Hmm. Too bad the article didn't reveal the track list.

Yup.

Coming Tuesday April 8, 2014 at 12 pm NOON pst

LAIR – 2 CD SET

Music by John Debney

Additional Music by Kevin Kaska

LLLCD 1286

RETAIL PRICE: $19.98

Album Produced by John Debney and Dan Goldwasser

Mastered by Marc Senasac at Sony Masterworks

Liner Notes by Jeff Bond

Art Direction by Dan Goldwasser

Sony and La-La Land Records are proud to announce the 2 CD release of one of the greatest scores ever recorded for a video game – LAIR, music by John Debney (PASSION OF THE CHRIST, CUTTHROAT ISLAND, THE RELIC). Making its debut for the first time on CD, this jam packed 2 cd set features more music that was released digitally many years ago. This jaw-dropping, swashbuckling, lush and gorgeous score is filled with themes you will be humming for the rest of your life. A truly inspired work that ranks up there with Lord of the Rings, Willow and Conan the Barbarian as one of the best scores in the realm of Fantasy! Jeff Bond’s informative liner notes take you deep inside the game and it’s score with comments from composer John Debney. As an added bonus we have also included the Live Concert suite that the The Orchestra Filarmonia and the Ziryab Choir performed at the BSO Spirit Awards!

The first 150 people who purchase the cd directly through the website will receive an autographed booklet signed by composer John Debney free of charge. PLEASE NOTE: Autographs are limited. You are not a guaranteed a signed booklet.

nice. I hope it contains the complete score, but i think they did a 'williams' Using the album as a basis and expand upon it.

They had 160 minutes of music, not counting the Suite. So unless much of that music was synth demos..i think we are going to be missing a lot.

Lets see... (in the game files there is a lot of music repeated, some with only minor instruments added or choir ommited, so maybe all of it in its finished full form is there, wich would be awesome)

It's more than you need, Luke.

Now, the only remaining thing I need of Debney's is a good recording of The Passion of the Christ symphony.

Karol

we'll see... i'm too familiar with this score...so i will notice omissions..

well my edit runs for 2 hrs, including the concert suites (not THE live suite) so there is hope :)

Speaking of familiarity, it turned out to be more durable than I initially thought. While listening to that 10-minute suite I realised how much good thematic material is in there. Quite memorable.

Let's post that suite, why not.

Karol

nice. I hope it contains the complete score, but i think they did a 'williams' Using the album as a basis and expand upon it.

That means it won't be a "C&C" presentation... pity :(

At least, this release will sound better than the original album.

I'm not sure whether "chronological" matters as much in games music.

Karol

with the exception of some cues, most of the music was used for specific levels and cut scenes.

So there is a chronology, it is not a sound library for background music.

If I've played the game, I like the music to be in order so I can think about the level it's from. I like my Doom and Deus Ex and various Star Wars game soundtracks to be in order, although The Dark Side of Phobos is arranged in a different order. If I haven't played the game (like Lair) then it doesn't matter to me.

Been listening to some sort of fan edit, and this is really good! In fact I'm on the second of two CDs, and there isn't a single cue I'd remove.

I'd previously had what I assume was a promo, which was very oriented towards the choir-heavy material and action cues, which got tiring very quickly. The more dramatic stuff is vastly more interesting.

Definite purchase :)

if they do it rigth... :P

Nonsense. I have wanted to get this score on CD for a long time. Although I certainly wouldn't mind if they did it in as complete form as possible. But this time it looks like they focused on massaging the music into a listening experience and joined tracks and resequenced the album for maximum variety.

Thor!!!!

Shouldn't that be accompanied by

khanse_02.jpg

THOOORRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From the La-La Land Facebook page:

While it had been announced as such previously, there will NOT be autographed copies of LAIR available from our website. Mr. Debney had every intention of signing copies for us, but his schedule unexpectedly took him abroad and he was not able to sign the booklets in time for Tuesday's release. Again, to dispell any confusion -- no autographed copies of LAIR.
However, we do have a surprise announcement about a great sale going live on our site at 12noon PST tomorrow...

SPRING FEVER BLOWOUT! We've got the fever bad in La-La Land and we're spreading the love to our customers with an unbeatable 20% OFF SALE! That's right, we'll take 20% OFF YOUR ENTIRE ORDER! Simply place your online order and 20% of your total price will be automatically deducted at checkout. (NOTE: This offer applies only to titles currently in stock). Sale starts 4/8 at 12noon (PST) and runs through 4/21 (11:59pm PST).
Only at www.lalalandrecords.com

We hope you take advantage of this great sale event. It's a perfect opportunity to pick up Debney's amazing LAIR release, along with any in-stock items from our catalog you've been thinking about!