John Debney's Lair - new 2CD set La-La Land Records

Jay

It does apply, just wait until tomorrow. The sale runs through the 21st. Their last two titles of the month won't, unfortunately.

ok, i thought it went on pre-order tomorrow and to be sent at a later date, good news then :)

If you read the final paragraph it kind of suggests sale does apply.

Karol

i thought it suggested that order lair and get the sale prize on all available titles you want...

We hope you take advantage of this great sale event. It's a perfect opportunity to pick up Debney's amazing LAIR release, along with any in-stock items from our catalog you've been thinking about!

but LAIR doesnt apply, right?

:blink:

I am definitely in need of a sale with all these great releases coming up all the time! :)

From the LLL Newsletter:

LAIR: LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET) LLLCD 1286
Music by John Debney
Limited Edition of 2000 Units

STARTS SHIPPING APRIL 8th
RETAIL PRICE: $19.98

ORDER “LAIR: LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET)” starting April 8 at 12pm PST at www.lalalandrecords.com

LAIR

La-La Land Records and Sony Computer Entertainment America proudly present the CD premiere of John Debney’s (JOBS, PREDATORS, PASSION OF THE CHRIST, THE RELIC) astonishing original score to the 2007 videogame LAIR. Debney’s blockbuster score to this epic-adventure-fantasy game is considered to be among the finest music ever written for the medium. It’s an orchestral powerhouse that reaches the same rarified heights as such beloved fantasy film scores as CONAN THE BARBARIAN, WILLOW and THE LORD OF THE RINGS TRILOGY. Now, finally, LAIR gets the deluxe treatment it has always warranted. Remastered and expanded beyond its initial download-only release, this jam-packed 2-CD presentation of LAIR, produced by John Debney and Dan Goldwasser, and mastered by Marc Senasac at Sony PlayStation, even includes the live concert suite performed by the The Orchestra Filarmonia and Ziryab Choir at the BSO Spirit Awards. Exclusive in-depth liner notes by Jeff Bond complement the adventurous art design by Dan Goldwasser. This is a limited edition of 2000 Units.

TRACK LISTING:

DISC 1
1. Lair Main Title 2:13
2. Breaking the Ice§ 1:32
3. Prologue* 3:24
4. Love Theme* 4:01
5. Diviner Battle§ 4:17
6. Darkness Theme 3:59
7. Firestorm 3:57
8. Diviner’s Theme 2:09
9. Funeral Pyre 0:54
10. Blood River§ 3:34
11. The Last Straw 2:39
12. Bridge Battle 3:32
13. Lair Main Menu 2:24
14. Lost 2:10
15. Lodan 1:52
16. Serpent Strait 2:29
17. Rohn’s Theme 2:07
18. The Search for Food*/Campfire Discussion* 3:23
19. Bridge of the Ancients/The Ice*§ 2:43
20. Mokai Camp Attack*/Reach Mokai City* 4:30
21. Defenses Overrun*§ 2:33
TOTAL DISC TIME: 60:11

DISC 2
1. The Holy City of Mokai*§ 2:16
2. Return to Mokai City, Pt. I 1:51
3. Preparing for Battle*/Maelstrom*/After Burners* 2:38
4. Return to Mokai City, Pt. II 3:44
5. Mokai Theme 2:15
6. Rohn Is Tricked*/Hope* 1:03
7. Steam Giant* 1:32
8. Elegy 3:26
9. Ruins of Mokai 1:04
10. Final Attack§ 2:09
11. Desert*/The Guardians Decide*/Prophet Battle* 2:59
12. The Search for Water*/Deadman’s Basin 4:59
13. Battle for Asylia 4:24
14. Epilogue 3:18
15. Lair Concert Suite* 11:25
16. Lair Trailer* 2:11
17. Lair Battle Variation #1–The Hero* (synth demo) 2:10
18. Rohn Theme–The Quest* (synth demo) 1:47
TOTAL DISC TIME: 55:16

TOTAL ALBUM TIME: 115:27
§ Composed by Kevin Kaska * Previously Unreleased

Not bad clocking just under 2 hrs, the actual score amounts to about 1 h 40 min, which I think it quite ample serving of this stuff. :)

The complete score I have runs for 2 hours and 10 minutes. This is a travesty!

Let us all vent our frustration and show our combined might by waving our fists powerlessly at LLL while making indignant sounds and complain bitterly on internet messageboards! They shall rue the day they crossed us! :stick:

It's the The Phantom Menace: Ultimate Edition debacle all over again!

Except it is Debney so nobody really cares. ;)

No English (spoken in signature Eastern European accent).

Karol

Manuel has a thick southern European accent actually.
He does, not me.

Anyway, 115 minutes of Lair is more than enough.

Karol

You wouldn't say that if they left off one cue you were really looking forward to.

But in this case, there was some fluff in the set I listened to last night, so some trimming will probably do some good.

Is the Civilization Theme concert version from the soundtrack album renamed or has it been excised from the release?

Maybe it has been retitled as Love theme? But then it says that's a previously unreleased track. Unless it's an alternate or something.... Not sure. But, then again, if they rename the track, doesn't it count as "unreleased"? I think this kind of thing happened before, but can't remember where. Jason?

Just noticed it is Kevin Kaska who composed two action highlights Diviner Battle and Blood River. Didn't know that.

Karol

i think there is a possibilty all is there. there issome repeated music on the game files. my edit runs for 120min and i have several alternates that differ only in some overla

But, then again, if they rename the track, doesn't it count as "unreleased"?

Of course not. Why would you think that?

I think this kind of thing happened before, but can't remember where. Jason?

No idea what you could be thinking of.

The Matrix Reloaded has almost every Don Davis track labelled as "previously unreleased" (technically some of them should have been labelled as "contains previously unreleased material"). Same with every track on Batman Forever main film score section of LLL expansion. And even those that are virtually identical are still "previously unreleased". The only thing that changed is the title (in the case of identical cues like Thug Fight).

Karol

Anyway... I was right. Civilization Theme has been indeed retitled as Love Theme.

Karol

I listened to the sample and it does sound like the Civilization Theme. Are you sure it is the same rendition? I confess not being entirely familiar with this score so I might not be able to tell the difference between two different versions of the theme, especially listened without making comparisons.

Anyway I ordered this coupled with Flesh + Blood.

Hmm... i think Dedman's basin intro is not mixed with deadman's basin

awful since those two are meant so be mixed together.

The Cds are completely out of order too...oh well i hope the listening experience is worth it.

Anyway... I was right. Civilization Theme is indeed Love Theme on the new album. ;)

Karol

it's strange about the change of track name. I dont remember a love interest in the game... I mean... i think this theme was used for the tutorial! (so it makes sense to call it civilization as they explain you this new world...)

Mine has shipped but I doubt I'll get it before some time next week perhaps.

Mine arrived today as well - 4 days to the UK. That's quicker than some UK companies get off their butts.

Sounds fantastic, and I even like the synth tracks/trailer cues. Depending on my impending listen through, this could be the first LE I make no changes to :)

The only thing I noticed was missing was a quiet cue I remember having 'Bridge' in the title. Wasn't overly remarkable.