Upcoming Films

Quintus

One of the best movies I've seen last year was rewatching Tom Ford's A Single Man. And, in my opinion, one of the most interesting actors walking around in Hollywood these days is Jake Gyllenhaal. So the following could be great news:

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/jake-gyllenhaal-amy-adams-eyeing-tom-fords-nocturnal-animals-joaquin-phoenix-and-aaron-taylor-johnson-may-also-star-20150325

Are we finally going to see a new movie from director Todd Field (In The Bedroom, Little Children )?

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/todd-field-to-write-direct-adaptation-of-bestseller-beautiful-ruins-20130408

Alex

The poster?

ITFOLLOWS_Radius_key_art-560x830_zpsje5q

Looks good!

The music?

"Driven by an unseen terror, essentially introduced to the mainstream by the shark in JAWS, Mitchell also draws from another slow-burn suspenseful horror icon in HALLOWEEN, not just in the pacing, but also with the film’s original music, composed by Rich Vreeland (credited as Disasterpeace), which strangely melds the eerily minimalist style of John Carpenter’s score with the more ethereal ambiance of Vangelis, such as his work in BLADE RUNNER." - Travis Keune

Promising!

The reviews?

95% on Rotten Tomatoes (188 counted)

"Smart, original, and above all terrifying, It Follows is the rare modern horror film that works on multiple levels -- and leaves a lingering sting."

Alex

Here's my short post on It Follows from February, for those who don't really buy into the announcement bombast of Alexcremers movie posts:

http://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=16439&p=1096456

I'm hoping this one actually delivers for a change. It really needs to.

Here's my short post on It Follows from February, for those who don't really buy into the announcement bombast of Alexcremers movie posts:

http://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=16439&p=1096456

I'm hoping this one actually delivers for a change. It really needs to.

Looks like it has great potential. Let us hope.

It was going to be his return to live action scoring! Along with Captain Phillips... Then neither happened.

At one point James Horner was considered (together with Perelman i guess) and what a joy to behold it would have been seeing him tip-toeing around the Goldsmith score.

Finally watched the final Mad Max trailer. Man, those special effects are really good! Looks like the film will have some really fun and crazy action sequences. Maybe I'll trek out to the theaters after all

As for Survivor, it looks like bits and pieces of a dozen old movies arranged together in a new way. Probably will be completely forgettable, but possibly will be entertaining. The cast is great - glad to see Robert Forster still working!

As for Survivor, it looks like bits and pieces of a dozen old movies arranged together in a new way. Probably will be completely forgettable, but possibly will be entertaining. The cast is great - glad to see Robert Forster still working!

That was my first thought as well. It seems Brosnan is the bad guy, which could be entertaining.

This made me smile:

"It was just this unit in the middle of x-million square-kilometres of desert, and then this group of lunatics in leathers, like a really weird S&M party, or a Hell’s Angels convention. It was like Cirque du Soleil meets f**king Slipknot.”