The Complete Indiana Jones Blu-ray Collection Arrives This Fall!

I haven't gotten this yet, but is the car going off the cliff the original version? It was CGI in the theater.

:blink: from what Iknow its the original...

Yes, the IMAX screenings had the original.

So I watched the new ROTLA On Set feature. It's really bizarre seeing alternate takes where Harrison Ford's performance can just be bordering on awful. It's such a different version of the character. Check it out and be totally shocked. Thank God Spielberg got what he did from him.

I forget, but you see Sapito fall through the floor and Indy lift him out, Indy stops to talk with a female student on the way to his meeting, Indy emerging from the Well of the Souls and making a guy sit down (terrible) and very brief clips of Indy riding the periscope and arriving on beach. They were all rightfully cut.

I just watched Raiders and it's definitely brighter than its ever been on top of the color changes. If this is really how it originally looked, why do the trailers have the old look? Surely, those should look more like the Blu-ray right? Watch the trailers on DVD, Blu-ray or in the queue line for The Great Movie Ride. The clips are occasionally brighter than even the Blu-ray transfer, yet the colors still look like the old home video versions.

It still looked pretty great, but I want to say it's too bright. You can tell instantly when you see the white lettering of the opening titles against the white sky. The image looks blown out.

Still, it looks very grainy, like pure film right there on your television screen and it's relatively undisturbed aside from what's been mentioned. It retains its glory. Way better than the Star Wars movies on home video.

Last Crusade is all that's left.

Temple looks great, I think. I'm a big fan of the look and the Blu-ray is a top transfer as far as I'm concerned.

I forgot to mention the shot of Indy and Sallah walking up the hill where Indy drops the staff into the Well of the Souls has great dimension. It looks 3D.

Raiders is shot with the very peculiar high-key style of photography--this means a lot of the scenes are purposefully overexposed, with many of the higher tones almost "burnt out". The transfers done for TV, videotape and DVD were likely filtered to give highlight tones a less "extreme" look for the then-standard TV sets, hence black tones and shadows were far more pronounced. The new color grading (which was entirely redone for the Blu-ray master) however restores what was probably the original choice and also tries to homogenize the visual tones overall the picture.

Remember, Spielberg approved these transfers and he's notoriously very picky when it comes to these things, especially nowadays after he made a promise he will always put out unaltered versions of his own movies for home entertainment.

Well supposedly the Blu-ray set was delayed because Spielberg didn't approve of the transfers. Only Raiders was changed, so it must have been that one. Unfortunately, they did not restore the reflection of the snake. Which is weird. So they must have gone back to the original film elements and then digitally changed the reflection again? I thought Spielberg just spoke out against that shit.

But the orange-golden filter all over it, is not fixable unfortunately..

That's the way Raiders is supposed to look

Well supposedly the Blu-ray set was delayed because Spielberg didn't approve of the transfers. Only Raiders was changed, so it must have been that one. Unfortunately, they did not restore the reflection of the snake. Which is weird. So they must have gone back to the original film elements and then digitally changed the reflection again? I thought Spielberg just spoke out against that shit.

The reflection was probably too obvious on the Blu Ray

I noticed that watching Raiders last night, the music cue they say was cut from the film with the crate is their mixed in with the sound effects of the ark.
When was there not music there? Or was it just buried in the mix?

Maybe he's referring to a statement of Marion's theme that was replaced in the film with a low pitched electronic drone. If the music has been restored there, that's really interesting!

strange, it is not in the spanish version neither the old dub nor in the new dub (made for this release), if you put it in english the music is there.

weird it is not in the new dub.

I noticed that watching Raiders last night, the music cue they say was cut from the film with the crate is their mixed in with the sound effects of the ark.

Maybe he's referring to a statement of Marion's theme that was replaced in the film with a low pitched electronic drone. If the music has been restored there, that's really interesting!

strange, it is not in the spanish version neither the old dub nor in the new dub (made for this release), if you put it in english the music is there.

what music cue is it? haven't yet understood.

time in the bluray please?

what music cue is it? haven't yet understood.

time in the bluray please?

En Bateu a.k.a Marion's Theme

its the ending thereof

• 1 month later...

I wish i had money right now, but i spent it all on 5 Blurays already. :(

(still waiting for them)

Do they make such offers during Christmas too?

Or Black Friday is the period which you get the best discounts of all the year?

It's a financial term. When a company is in the "red," they're losing money. When they're in the "black," they are turning a profit. "Black Friday" is the most important shopping day of the year. The store can be losing money all year, but "Black Friday" is the day that basically makes the whole year for them.

Ok, that's the secondary definition. Wikipedia tells us:

The day's name originated in Philadelphia, where it originally was used to describe the heavy and disruptive pedestrian and vehicle traffic which would occur on the day after Thanksgiving.[4][5] Use of the term started before 1961 and began to see broader use outside Philadelphia around 1975. Later an alternative explanation began to be offered: that "Black Friday" indicates the point at which retailers begin to turn a profit, or are "in the black".[4][6]

It has NOTHING to do with your suggested usage of the word "black" to denote something bad.

It's a financial term. When a company is in the "red," they're losing money. When they're in the "black," they are turning a profit. "Black Friday" is the most important shopping day of the year. The store can be losing money all year, but "Black Friday" is the day that basically makes the whole year for them.

Ok, that's the secondary definition. Wikipedia tells us:

The day's name originated in Philadelphia, where it originally was used to describe the heavy and disruptive pedestrian and vehicle traffic which would occur on the day after Thanksgiving.[4][5] Use of the term started before 1961 and began to see broader use outside Philadelphia around 1975. Later an alternative explanation began to be offered: that "Black Friday" indicates the point at which retailers begin to turn a profit, or are "in the black".[4][6]

It has NOTHING to do with your suggested usage of the word "black" to denote something bad.

Not sure I want to laugh or cry at the need for your explanation.

This really is a great set, regardless of the visual changes to Raiders and the other two not getting new remasters. They all look great and aren't messed around with like Star Wars. Your childhood will thank you.

Not sure I want to laugh or cry at the need for your explanation.

Hey, there's no need for that. If you haven't figured it out by now, the poster known as Richard is clearly not from the USA and doesn't know all of the things we take for granted that we know. I never see the need to laugh or cry at his questions, well, at least the ones that I know how to answer.

Unless he was making a joke based on the traditional idea that white = good and black = bad. I know that if I worked at Walmart and had to work Friday, black would mean bad, but if I worked at Walmart, I would hate life and wouldn't care anymore anyways.

Now if you had asked the question, I would just as easily have gotten joy from doing this:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q... Friday meaning

• 2 weeks later...