The Custom Covers Thread

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Indiana Jones

Re-touched and Expanded set of a series I did for the Quadrilogy a few years ago.

The first set is based on the 2007 Trilogy DVD Collection:

iHuNuK.jpg

iHufAZ.jpg

iHDjEr.jpg

iHD0OF.jpg

The second is an alternate for the first set, with Raiders using the 2012 re-release IMAX poster by Mark Raats:

iHDIc3.jpg

iHDgg0.jpg

iHDrsD.jpg

iHDtDq.jpg

And the third set is based on the 1986 Special Collector's Series VHS of Raiders:

86uXEH.jpg

86Njhe.jpg

86NICk.jpg

86Nt11.jpg

86NE0Z.jpg

13 hours ago, heidl said:

I just did the math and I'm afraid I have made 356 custom covers for Red Dead Redemption 2. 

I’m afraid I have to insist, that you share them on HQCovers or here or both...

• Halloween
  • Halloween II
  • Halloween III: Season of the Witch
  • Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers
  • Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers
  • Halloween (2018)

Happy Halloween Everybody!

I added logos and credits to the Mondo vinyl artworks.

Artwork by Phantom City Creative

ierBxc.jpg

Artwork by Mike Saputo

ier37Z.jpg

Artwork by Brandon Schaefer

ier4FP.jpg

Artwork by Alan Hynes

ierpIm.jpg

Artwork by Gary Pullin

ier7mi.jpg

Artwork by Randy Ortiz

ierOoo.jpg

Artwork by Chris Bilheimer

ierl89.jpg

AN ABSOLUTELY MARVELOUS COLLECTION!

I recognize some of these homages; Dances with Wolves, Django Unchained, Glory, Lincoln, Rango, The Assasination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford, The Good, The Bad and the Ugly, There Will Be Blood, Tombstone, True Grit (1969), True Grit (2010) and Wyatt Earp.

I see you’ve posted it on your site, and am I right in saying that that’s by far the biggest post ever on HQCovers? 😅

I'm not sure tbh... I think the biggest one is still Prometheus, unless you count all those individual covers for the RDR2 game rip. But I've worked longer on Prometheus :)

2 hours ago, tintacle said:

I recognize some of these homages; Dances with Wolves, Django Unchained, Glory, Lincoln, Rango, The Assasination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford, The Good, The Bad and the Ugly, There Will Be Blood, Tombstone, True Grit (1969), True Grit (2010) and Wyatt Earp.

You missed Brokeback Mountain.

8 hours ago, heidl said:

I'm not sure tbh... I think the biggest one is still Prometheus, unless you count all those individual covers for the RDR2 game rip. But I've worked longer on Prometheus :)

Is one of those an homage to Missouri Breaks?

22 hours ago, tintacle said:

I know, that’s why I said some :lick:

Which one is Brokeback?

The gay looking one

brokebackmountain_rdr2-3.jpg?w=300

15 hours ago, Fal J. M. Skywalker said:

Is one of those an homage to Missouri Breaks?

You're right! Very good :)

missouribreaks_rdr2.jpg?w=300

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, heidl said:

The image hoster ibb.co is reported as unsecure for me. The covers are not loading

How about now? switched to lensdump.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone!

I was wondering if any of you could help me out, seeing as most of you are very skilled with photoshop. 

I bought the complete recordings of the three Lord of the Rings scores online, but I'm bothered by the fact that the three covers don't match since Return of the King's letter size is smaller than that of the other two and has a different texture. I would very much appreciate it if someone could alter said cover to match the other two. Here I leave the three covers for reference:

Also, does anyone know if this was a creative choice? I find it very strange that the covers don't match in wording size only on the digital realeses.

Thank you very much!

cover.jpg

cover.jpg

cover.jpg

On 12/1/2019 at 9:48 AM, JTWfan77 said:

Theme Parks.jpg

Wait, what's the music to Temple of the Forbidden Eye like?

Does that feature any original music by anyone?

5 minutes ago, Pieter Boelen said:

Wait, what's the music to Temple of the Forbidden Eye like?

Does that feature any original music by anyone?

It's pretty much an rearrangement of music from the trilogy.

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, JTWfan77 said:

I could never find a decent cover that used the teaser poster art (the Fox Music one is all kinds of awful) so I made my own:

Home-Alone-2-Lost-in-New-York-rev-2.jpg

I like it. I think I’d extend the black from the logo to the bottom of the image though.

3 hours ago, A. A. Ron said:

I like it. I think I’d extend the black from the logo to the bottom of the image though.

I tried that but it looked off to me. I also wanted to preserve as much of the art as possible (it's already heavily cropped). I didn't want to place the composer credit above the title. Perhaps I'll revisit it and post for your comments/suggestions.

5 hours ago, JTWfan77 said:

I tried that but it looked off to me. I also wanted to preserve as much of the art as possible (it's already heavily cropped). I didn't want to place the composer credit above the title. Perhaps I'll revisit it and post for your comments/suggestions.

Makes sense. Like I said, it still looks good either way.

Edit to add: I ended up taking my own stab at @JTWfan77's design.

home alone 2.png

5 hours ago, rough cut said:

Good work, but that heavy amount of black is not blending well with the overall image.

Is there a color you think would work better for that bottom part?

My favorite is definitely #2 - worked quite well with the blue or what do you think?

I do, however, like the updated artwork on #3. The “zoom” out adds scale and allows the artwork to breathe.

Any chance of you doing a mash up of cover #2 and #3 - that is, the “logo in a blue band” on top of the revised (I can’t see that it’s a bad scan) artwork? (Or is the bottom of the new scan missing?)

Then I think you’ll have nailed it. 

1 hour ago, rough cut said:

Any chance of you doing a mash up of cover #2 and #3 - that is, the “logo in a blue band” on top of the revised (I can’t see that it’s a bad scan) artwork? (Or is the bottom of the new scan missing?)

Then I think you’ll have nailed it. 

It's as you guessed, the artwork is not square therefore the blue band is hiding the hole. I tried adding a deeper blue to the top of the sky but my limited skills failed me, also having too much empty space above the statue messes up the composition.

Here is the scan I had to work with:

598537623882294_mainphotos.jpg

As you can see it's distorted in various ways so I had to slice it up and straighten everything out. Then I used the statue element from my other scan and painted out the text at the bottom on the water (left and right). My main challenge was blending the two sky elements and that is where the cracks show if you look closely at the end result.