You talk and you talk, but you have no Battlestar Galactica quotes.

BloodBoal

Really. . . ? (Pretty soon we're going to start seeing, "You post and you post, but you have no Space Mutiny quotes.")

well...

“Sir if I may...I really think you should look at the other Battlestar.”
“What are you babbling about...No, it’s impossible!”
“No, it is another Battlestar.”

Starbuck: “Get off before I take you down that flight tube with me!”
Apollo: “Fine! But I never thought I’d see Starbuck run from anything!”

"Mr President, they hate us with every fibre of their being."

"What was that?"

"That...was my son."

I am tired of all these mother frakking quote threads on this Monday to Friday message board!

They aren't really being done right with the exception of the Star Trek one. See, quotes from Star Wars, Jaws, Indiana Jones, the latest Hogtied bondage shoot and especially Star Trek should be routinely incorporated into JWFan discussion. The Star Trek thread is necessary because we need to make up for a complete lack of Star Trek quoting on this board for what seems like years. That's a JWFan tradition.

Now wait just a centon!

They aren't really being done right with the exception of the Star Trek one.

Actually, strictly speaking, the Star Trek one isn't being done 100% correctly either. Rather than just throwing out random quotes, each quote should be a "response" to the last quote. Makes for better (and funnier) interactions. Minor nitpick . . . but Trek is all about nitpicking too, isn't it?

-Uni

I must have missed a lot more Galactica than I thought. I don't recall any of these lines. . . .

A shining planet . . . known as Earth!

Incidentally, this show--BSG78, as it was just called--had my all-time favorite opening credits sequence. The legendary music of Stu Phillips, the storyline (when taken with the voiced-over prologue that started with, "There are those who believe. . . ."), the editing, the layout, everything about it heralded an epic tale. Much more epic, in fact, than the show itself proved to be. So it got better than it deserved when it came to the setup, but I don't believe I've ever seen its equal . . . even in a Star Trek series opener.

Don't take my word for it, though. For those who never saw the original series (or grew up with it like I did), have a look:

Incidentally, this show--BSG78, as it was just called--had my all-time favorite opening credits sequence. The legendary music of Stu Phillips, the storyline (when taken with the voiced-over prologue that started with, "There are those who believe. . . ."), the editing, the layout, everything about it heralded an epic tale. Much more epic, in fact, than the show itself proved to be. So it got better than it deserved when it came to the setup, but I don't believe I've ever seen its equal . . . even in a Star Trek series opener.

I don't know that I'd put the opening credits on quite as high a pedestal as you do, but they're certainly my favorite part of the original series.

Guys, guys: this thread was a joke! You've got to stop posting in it!

You cannot play God then wash your hands of the things that you've created. Sooner or later, the day comes when you can't hide from the things that you've done anymore.

I don't know that I'd put the opening credits on quite as high a pedestal as you do, but they're certainly my favorite part of the original series.

Maren Jensen ran a close number two, as a favourite that is.