Jaws 2 (1978) - 2015 2-CD Expanded by Intrada Records!

scallenger

I really hope so!

But I'm just as excited for Jaws 2! I want it on my shelf!

Who knows if Intrada has uncovered any unused cues or alternates we never even knew about before, too!

The RSNO recording has many highlights. The Promenade cue works well with a more concert hall ambience and I remember the Bassoon being more prominent in the final mix. Very effective.

Well, they included its cover on a poster at their 30th anniversary celeberation, but no, there's been no official word from them on it since (that I've seen anyway), and they removed Jaws 2 from the version of the poster in the Designwell Facebook page.

But it's obviously coming.

They wouldn't have put it on their poster if the release wasn't imminent. They put Candleshoe on another poster there, and that just came out on Monday. Jaws 2 could very likely be in their very next batch!

Also of note is that they released Jaws 4 in February and Jaws 3 in May; We could very well be getting Jaws 2 in September and Jaws 1 in December!

Haven't we moved past pointing out typos yet?

I don't think so. That Tin-tin debacle lingers long in the minds of people you know.

They wouldn't have put it on their poster if the release wasn't emminent.

*imminent (sorry, but we were just talking about typos ;))

Or perhaps they wouldn't have put it on the poster unless they expected to announced it by the time they revealed the poster. Which they didn't. Perhaps it got delayed?

• 2 weeks later...

9/28/2015

With this Tuesday's newest release being pressed on 180 gram vinyl, Intrada happily (if not nostalgically) gets right back to its roots - so to speak. We have no less than four more premium vinyl releases in final production now and another handful in the works. It's by no means a suggestion that we're moving away from CDs, however. To the contrary, upcoming over the next few weeks as we usher our 30th anniversary celebration towards the end of the year are several major CD releases, including some of our biggest titles to date.

No one ever rests around here so while all this other stuff is going on, Regina and her minions have been keeping busy listing more one-of-a-kind titles for people looking for harder-to-find CDs. And in the background, we have more features being built into our website to make it your favorite destination for soundtrack entertainment.

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6849

Bolding is mine.

Set aside money now, kids!

!

I've long since given up being excited about these announcements, as they're almost always about expansions, not premiere releases. But to those who didn't get JAWS 2 the first time around (I hear it's hard to come by), it's no doubt a great opportunity.

Oh no Thor! Oh no! Perhaps you should start your "OST albums only" label to satisfy your need for those versions.

I am happy if they release every damn minute of the Jaws 2 score and some source music on top, hopefully doubling the original running time and including alternates.

I'd probably buy from Thor Records. As long as the original artwork is maintained and albums feature that classic, vintage aesthetic.

But of course they would. Just like the nature... I mean composer intended.

I'd probably buy from Thor Records. As long as the original artwork is maintained and albums feature that classic, vintage aesthetic.

But of course they would. Just like the nature... I mean composer intended.

Do ALWAYS composers have total control over the album presentations of their music?

because directors don't always have the final say in the presentation of their films.

Did Williams want those 2 songs to be in the A.I. album more than 2 more cues of his music?

I mean, he considered them superior to 2 more cues of his score?

One can assume that Williams has full creative control over his OST releases. In some cases the album length may be dictated by the label, if there's a cost issue for example. But John Williams pretty much cuts the album he wants people to hear.

One can assume that Williams has full creative control over his OST releases. In some cases the album length may be dictated by the label, if there's a cost issue for example. But John Williams pretty much cuts the album he wants people to hear.

Still, on the A.I. matter, I have a hunch that the inclusion of the 2 songs was something that was "forced" by the producers.

I'm guessing Williams signed off on the A.I. expansion (if that's a prerequisite), just to be "nice", but his version of the music was already released in 2001.

Still, on the A.I. matter, I have a hunch that the inclusion of the 2 songs was something that was "forced" by the producers.

John Williams was the producer of that OST, like he is on every one of his OST's for decades.

I'm guessing Williams signed off on the A.I. expansion (if that's a prerequisite), just to be "nice", but his version of the music was already released in 2001.

Approving those things must be like a knife to the stomach for him. Every time.

John Williams was the producer of that OST, like he is on every one of his OST's for decades.

If by 'producer', you mean 'creatively involved', then you are wrong. I don't know any expansion where Williams has been involved in assembling, organizing or otherwise giving any thought to the presentation of the material. That's all the label's work. The 'producer' tag is most likely a contractual obligation because they need him to approve the release, or some other kind of superficial role.

Williams' preferred version is almost always the original release, where he is -- indeed -- a "proper" producer.

It's a pretty educated guess, don't you think? If it hadn't been, all of his albums would be C&C right off the bat. Thankfully, he seems to "ignore" this trend and continue releasing albums in his preferred way.