The Honest Trailers thread

Jay

Everytime I see one of these I laugh, I haven't seen a bad one yet.

They just did Attack of the Clones, and it's pretty funny too!

"Anakin Skywalker! A rat tailed ass hole who's been stalking Padmé for the last decade!"

LMAO! I got to admit this whole trailer deal made me laugh.

The Man of Steel one is my favorite.

"It's a bird! It's a plane! It's coming right for us!!!"

"I can't believe I'm now rooting for Ben Affleck to kick this guy's ass!"

Really enjoyed the "Game of Thrones" and Frozen ones.

"And settle for a show with so many monologues, HBO will desperately try to get your attention by any bewbs necessary!"

*cue montage of naked and/or topless women from the first three seasons*

"Not that I'm complaining... bewbs."

"Starring... Forgotten Sarah Marshall, Kristophe Waltz, Ugly Smurfs, Hans Gruber, Merchandising, and the wickedly talented Adele Dazeem!"

I pretty much hate these videos and their contemporaries Cinema Sins. To me they are emblematic of an unfortunate trend on the internet of diluting criticism into a reel of nitpicks and useless jabs. I don't think it's funny, just damaging to actual intelligent analysis. Which, of course, can itself be funny.

I pretty much hate these videos and their contemporaries Cinema Sins. To me they are emblematic of an unfortunate trend on the internet of diluting criticism into a reel of nitpicks and useless jabs. I don't think it's funny, just damaging to actual intelligent analysis. Which, of course, can itself be funny.

I'm not a big fan of Honest Trailers myself -- the Man of Steel one was terrible -- but sometimes they can be very, very funny.

It's mainly for humor, rather than in-depth criticism. For actual criticism I prefer Red Letter Media's Half in the Bag show. Their critiques are exactly "deep" but they balance it well with humor.

• 5 weeks later...

Having recently re-watched the original X-Men trilogy, this brings up some good points!

Also, I'm gonna call Mystique Bloobs now

I guess some people just don't get the dry sense of humor...

Everytime I see one of these I laugh, I haven't seen a bad one yet.

They just did Attack of the Clones, and it's pretty funny too!

lol

That almost made me poop with laughter!

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Honest Trailers is great. After I watch a big movie I always go on youtube to see if there's an Honest Trailer for it. Having recently started rewatching the Marvel movies, I thought these were all good

The Cinderella trailer wasn't one of their better ones IMO. The collaborations don't really work. Even the Red Letter Media cameo wasn't funny (from The Dark Knight Rises review). All the others are great though.

• 2 weeks later...

Funny video as always!

They point out the major caveat of the film, what makes it work for some people and not work for others: You either believe that love transcends all, or you don't.

• 2 weeks later...

You know, I haven't seen this film in 12 years. When it came out it was the first movie I went to with the new GF i had at the time and some friends, we were all 20-23 at the time, and we all loved it. I have a feeling I would not feel the same where I to re-watch it now

Man, I forgot how hot Jennifer Garner was then, yowza!

• 1 month later...

Not to change the topic but I also enjoy "Everything Wrong with..." during bouts of sleeplessness. Especially entertaining are the ones about Twilight Saga which could be the encyclopedia of profit driven/low quality film making.

• 2 weeks later...

I never understood their logic with the Interstellar honest trailer.

They criticize the movie for how dumb the plot was, and yet they love any of the plots to a Marvel movie. The plot to a Marvel movie is arguably just as dumb with plot conveniences that you could play Bingo off of.

It's rather embarrassing how they are able to get millions of views for such "discussions" about a movie when RLM barely gets a 100,000 hits for a much more profound and meaningful analysis and discussion of film.

RedBard, what are you talking about? Show me an Honest Trailer that proves they "love" the plot to a Marvel movie

Okay. @ 1:31

Also, their honest trailers for The Dark Knight and Guardians of the Galaxy.