Upcoming Films

Quintus

Wow they're really kissing Stallone's ass with that poster!

Btw who's that chinese-looking chick there and what is she doing out of the kitchen.

The new Total Recall has a 31% score on Rotten Tomatoes. Apparently it's as bad as the trailer promised.

don't look at the percentage, look at the average score rating.

The new Total Recall has a 31% score on Rotten Tomatoes. Apparently it's as bad as the trailer promised.

So this film has been advertised correctly, for once.

Karol

Or you can watch it and form your own opinion?

Dear lord, I already formed my negative opinion when I watched the trailer. I would consider myself pretty stupid if I actually went to see it. With most movies made for a different audience, I try to be very selective and only watch the movies that have enough potential for me to like. I knew instantly that Total Recall wasn't one of them. You know, all I said was that the reactions are as bad as the trailer promised ... and that's all the opinion I have.

My awesome psychic power of trailer judgement told me that movie was going to be utter shite. Two hours of my life and £15.80 in admission tickets saved, I'm a god damn marvel of modern science.

International trailer for On The Road. Been waiting for this one for years, ever since I first read the novel, which is one of my favorites. In the credit card at the end, John Williams is listed as a producer. I went to IMDb to confirm my suspicions that it was simply another person with the same name, but no such person is listed there.

John Williams is listed as a producer. I went to IMDb to confirm my suspicions that it was simply another person with the same name, but no such person is listed there.

It's probably John H. Williams

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_H._Williams

International trailer for On The Road. Been waiting for this one for years, ever since I first read the novel, which is one of my favorites. In the credit card at the end, John Williams is listed as a producer. I went to IMDb to confirm my suspicions that it was simply another person with the same name, but no such person is listed there.

Looks like Stand By Me meets The Wonder Boys with a thick pinch of Cider House Rules. All good movies, but a rather tired and predictable formula which I'd have thought mostly appeals to late teens and twenty somethings. Sounds like it has cheesy 'life lessons' narration to boot, which might irritate. Probably a decent enough movie, but not of any interest to me.

I completely agree with Quint's feelings. It does indeed feel like one of those coming-of-age movies from the past. Better read the book and enjoy it as it was meant to be because as a film it will bring nothing new to the venue. This one will not be 'Criterionized', Koray. ;)

Next!

I only posted the link for Cremers. He now knows his reaction to the trailer is justified and correct beyond doubt.

:P

Anyway I do agree with Cremers and Alex that it looks like a formulaic, if decent enough, life parable. I'll never read the book before.

I only posted the link for Cremers. He now knows his reaction to the trailer is justified and correct beyond doubt.

:P

Anyway I do agree with Cremers and Alex that it looks like a formulaic, if decent enough, life parable. I'll never read the book before.

Cremers AND Alex, you say? Well its about time those two were in agreement about something!

Hah! Damn you Freud.

And I mean I HAVE never read the book before, and not I will never read the book.

I just submitted my assignement. I hope my above post wasn't an indication of the quality of my work.

Hmm, WB has apparently offered their Justice League gig for Ben Affleck to direct. The jury's out on whether he'll accept or turn it down yet, but the chance of seeing Alexandre Desplat score a big superhero film would be a tempting prospect.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/172167-warner-bros-looks-to-ben-affleck-for-justice-league

A Justice League film is being developed.... Matt Damon is being sought to direct.

I've seen the post X-Men 3 Marvel films. And all of them are pretty much good for rental viewing. Entertaining, forgetable. With Captain America probably being the best, but only slightly. And all feel like a homogenized product.

I haven't seen The Avengers yet. But isn't it basically a Freddie versus Jason or Aliens versus Predator team up movie? Albeit a bit more ambitious. There's nothing hard about that. You just have to be mediocre so the fans aof all these characters are happy.

The DC ones i've seen, the Nolan Batman's, Watchmen, Superman Returns allow for much more artistic freedom on the part of the film makers.

Captain America was the best of the largely forgettable individual character post-X Men Marvel films. But again, not much. Then again, I never found much to get out of the Avengers either. And I have almost no interest whatsoever in the inevitable sequels to come.

I'm curious if they're going to reboot all the character franchises for the Justice League film or if they're just going to make it an independent feature. The latter would be more difficult to pull off considering the character development issue whereas the Avengers had all the characters familiarized with the audience in advance.

Either way, I'm waiting for it to flop too.

Ben Affleck is a bad choice, IMO. He did a few movies concentrating on characters but filled with cliches. And visually there was nothing remarkable about them.

Alex

He already turned the job down. I read it on Empire or whatever. Personally, I'm thankful as I had no interest watching him trying to do Batman or something else.