Howard Shore's The Battle of the Five Armies (Hobbit Part 3)

Jay

Of course, they are necessary, but that doesn't mean that because of that, they will get released. Especially if the average Joe thinks the Hobbit SEs are more than enough. That will scare the producers. "If we release the CRs, nobody will buy them! They were already satisfied with the SEs! Really, who cares about Hobbit CRs apart from those ungrateful whackos at JWFAN?"

It's the SW prequels UE situation all over again!

Oh, be realistic! The average Joe doesn't even care if an OST is one or two discs. Back in the time, I've known even fans of the LotR films who thought the LotR CRs were unnecessary because the single disc OST were enough. Complete Recordings are for film music fans PLUS a percentage of Joe Everydays. And I doubt you'd make much money from them one way or another.

But the fact that Adams asked on Twitter if the SEs were enough for people goes to show that the producers fear that CRs would not sell well. And the answers people are posting only confirm their fears! SUH is right! This not looking good!

You're overinterpreting things. Fear of producers is a bit too much.

I think some people are forgetting edits even to the album soundtrack

I don't think anyone is.

I think AUJ has about an hour worth of unreleased material (both used and unused in the film), maybe a bit more.

DOS has about 20 unreleased minutes as of now, and should have about 40 minutes when the EE is released, probably a bit more.

So that would mean at least 1 additional CD for each score (+ the 5.1 DVD), which should be enough to justify a CR release. But again, if people on the web keep on saying the SEs are enough for them, that doesn't encourage CRs releases!

When I say 'people', I mean those on TheOneRing who don't see a need for Complete Recordings. Not 'people' on here of course - you lot are very much clued up on things.

Twitter, not on TORn.

Well it was the thread starter on TORN saying that the current releases 'felt like Complete Recordings' that sparked it. Of course I'm not referring to everyone on TORN, like yourself and SUH, among many others.

Its as I foretold. The CRs shall not see the light of day!!

For the record, I do really want them by the way.

We have 10 people here who say they should be released! Thus they must be released!

If no CRs are forthcoming, I suggest we send a couple of Uruk-hais to Shore's place in NY state to find the recording sessions.

I am glad we have such sound strategist among us. The sessions are as good as ours now! :devil:

We will make the assault at nightfall! And cut them off at the pass!

P.S. Good thinking on the account of the flowerbeds. Who knows what advantage one strategically placed bed of petunias will grant.

Dude, I'm trying to finish my PhD right now. You can't expect me to operate at fullest mental capacity on anything that's not related to my thesis... :kaboom::lol:

Dude, I'm trying to finish my PhD right now. You can't expect me to operate at fullest mental capacity on anything that's not related to my thesis... :kaboom::lol:

But isn't the temptation the hardest now? To concentrate mental capacities on such important matters as this assault instead?

I am glad we have such sound strategist among us. The sessions are as good as ours now! :devil:

We will make the assault at nightfall! And cut them off at the pass!

P.S. Good thinking on the account of the flowerbeds. Who knows what advantage one strategically placed bed of petunias will grant.

The flowerbeds are perfect! It'll distract Shore, so the raid will go uninterrupted while Shore pens Petunias in Twilight: Concerto for Didgeridoo and Vuvuzela

And Doug is on a tree to the east, twittering vague hints about the course of events.

Shore will flee to his balcony to oversee the mayhem, before he spots Doug in his tree. Their eyes meet. "It cannot be", Shore says, unbelieving. He raises his hand to unleash his two furry dogs, "Bring me the head of that blogging scum!" he cries, after which there is a cry from the skies, and the Eagles arrive to carry Doug to their aery in the Canadian Rockies.

Exclusive pic of Doug flying away from the battlefield:

FlightToAbbeyRoad_zps1b3dbecc.png

That looks disturbingly like Ashton Kutcher.

20 years from now, Peter Jackson will adapt the raid on Shore's home, and Doug's attempts to document it all, in the mammoth trilogy The Quest for Abbey Road, parts 1-3: Two and a Half Scores, Bore'd, and Dude, Where's My Eagle?

Doug A. must cordially dislike most of us by now...

What?!! No!!! Impossible! We are way too adorable and quirky to be entirely detested! And we love this music! It is all for the music!

10409076_10204116833074033_5001610872043

Off to conduct the penultimate session for the Hobbit 3 with a newly fractured elbow. The show must go on! Thank you Erin Scully for picking me up and making sure I don't suffer another mishap before we finish the score.

The Middle Earth scores have always gone through a very fluid and dynamic process. It's never been the case that the fisrt recording sessions are the "right" ones and everything else was just caused by the director being a fussy busybody., demanding Shore to rescore everything.

Wow - the score must be truly amazing if it caused Pope to fracture his elbow while conducting!

(And yes, of course I'm being facetious)

Just think - in a month's time we'll almost certainly have a track listing, be near to hearing the first samples, and - gulp - know who is doing the end credits song.

Maybe. Or maybe Howard did indeed insert some particularly awkward bits that were deliberately intended to cause Pope to hyperextend his elbow and damage it? I don't think we can rule out such behaviour at this early stage. There's still time for Howard to jet over to New Zealand today and conclude the recording sessions personally. I'm sure he could finish off the NZSO by getting them to re-record the entire score in a day.

'Henchmen' being Doug? Maybe that's why he was so upset when his flight was mysteriously cancelled last week. That would have gone Shore about 5 days to get the job done.

Obviously typing Music of the Lord of the Rings Films and the Hobbit films developed some mean muscles on Doug's arms.