Yub Nub or Victory Celebration?

Quintus

Yub Nub or Victory Celebration  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• Yub Nub
    • Victory Celebration

You're right about the sound quality, especially ROTJ which is really bad on the SE's. Artwork? Hmm... I own the movie poster artwork with Drew Struzan on the SE CD's, not that standard SE artworks. I think Struzan did a great job on those. But I like both artworks from the Anthology and SE.

Which tracks are absent from the SE's?

Lapti Nek, the two version of Ewok Celebration

An alternate of Leia Breaks The News.

That's it? That's the reason why Drax call this an "important part of any film score collection"? Well, honstely I don't care. Lapti Nek is not part of the Williams score and I don't like it. I konw he used it on the original Polydor album, but maybe because of the marketing strategies for common potential buyers. Ewok Celebration, no words - what's the intension of this thread? Alternates are mostly uninteresting to me.

The film version Ewok Celebration is on Disc 4. What Ford A. Thaxton did with Disc 4 is a crime. Put some unreleased tracks from the three films on one disc, start with the fox fanfare and try to make it as an listing album. Totally fail. Film version Ewok Celebration with the film end credits of TESB? Some tracks are stereo reversed, etc., etc., etc.? Oh my god...

That's a thing I don't like for some expanded soundtrack albums: After the end credits putting some alternates on the end, or make a new disc and put those alternates in there. If I want to listen to an album, then it has an opening, beginning, a middle and an end. Like if I listen to a concert or a classical music piece. There is one exception I accept tracks after the ending: Unreleased music. If it is interesting, then OK (e.g. Attack of the Clones "On the Conveyor Belt").

I can't stand them both.

But Yub Nub probably takes the lead because it works better in context, and at least has more organic orchestral accompaniment. But its still not my cup of tea.

The Special Edition artwork made no sense. Star Wars has Leia without buns, Empire has the Emperor from Jedi and Jedi has the duel from Empire.

That's an issue I can understand. But I don't qualfies the covers and impling this to the music as Drax stated.

The Special Edition artwork made no sense. Star Wars has Leia without buns, Empire has the Emperor from Jedi and Jedi has the duel from Empire.

That's an issue I can understand. But I don't qualfies the covers and impling this to the music as Drax stated.

It makes sense as a 'Saga' tryptic poster without the letters.

It's great that way.

SWtrilogySEwithlando-1.jpg

(notice he added lando!)

Lapti Nek, the two version of Ewok Celebration

An alternate of Leia Breaks The News.

That's it? That's the reason why Drax call this an "important part of any film score collection"? Well, honstely I don't care. Lapti Nek is not part of the Williams score and I don't like it.

It's still important to include these tracks. They are a part of the films, especially Ewok Celebration which was (and largely still is!) the musical finale to trilogy's conclusion. Any attitude that seeks to omit them reeks of Lucas-style revisionism that treats previous incarnations as ephemeral or worse, like used car parts set for the scrap heap.

He kept "upgrading" his "saga", which became less about the adventures of Luke Skywalker and his pals opposing a tyrannical empire and more about the "tragedy of Anakin Skywalker". As a result, Sebastian Shaw was a component that didn't work anymore. So he had to be replaced by Hadden Christie so that his "saga" would be more unified. To hell with preservation and posterity - the old ones are obsolete and don't work anymore!

No wonder the guy can't write dialogue that a human being can say. He even treats people and characters like a mechanic would when discarding blown out car parts.

Same goes for the music. Tracks that didn't fulfil their function to conform to the prequels (or how the prequels were planned, since this was '97) were deemed obsolete and tossed out. Unfortunately, one of my very personal favourite tracks got the chop.

If these scores are someday revisited for a new release, I believe it would of course be important to include Victory Celebration, but only as an alternate. However Ewok Celebration should be in the main program because it was part of the original score to the theatrical film. For everything else, we demand every last scrap be included in complete and chronological presentations, but curiously many SW fans are happy to toss out elements from the originals that seem inconvenient to them.

If these scores are someday revisited for a new release, I believe it would of course be important to include Victory Celebration, but only as an alternate. However Ewok Celebration should be in the main program because it was part of the original score to the theatrical film. For everything else, we demand every last scrap be included in complete and chronological presentations, but curiously many SW fans are happy to toss out elements from the originals that seem inconvenient to them.

It would be interesting to see what is included. Jedi Rocks or Lapti Nek or possibly both? Victory Celebration or Ewok Celebration or both? I highly doubt they would include both versions and label one as an alternate. I have a feeling whatever would end up on a release would be the SE stuff, which is no longer consider SE but rather the official versions. At least, they were considered the official versions before Lucas sold it off to Disney. I'm not sure what Disney's stance is at this point, but I'm guessing the 2011 versions are considered the official versions.

Oh, how I wish that 5th disc for the Anthology Set went into production. Then we would have basically everything.

I think the real problem is that the master reels are now over 30 years old. I don't know if they can be found or they are deteriorated. And if not, I'm not sure if the result is best to remaster them. It could be probably sound worse than the actual masters from Matessino in 97, even with the techniques today. And there was lot of money to remaster the complete soundtrack at that time. They don't want to spend much money to remaster them again.

I believe they would ask themselves: Why spend a lot of time and money to remaster the complete soundtracks instead of taking the 97 remaster? They could argue something like: "We already have the complete soundtracks, so why do it again?"

The remaster is not the only problem. The tapes have to be found and sorted, then combining the tracks in a whole. In Star Wars, Matessino said he made nearly 100 edits (That's because of low budget and short rehearsal time). I don't think that you guys want something like short cues ala Bernard Herrmann. Then adjust the tracks, etc.

Not to destroy someone's dreams, but I guess you have to deal with the possibility, that you may not ever see any Star Wars trilogy complete score release again.

If "Star Wars: A Musical Journey" from 2005 offers any indication, the ROTJ material sounded excellent and I think better than even the 1993 Anthology set. Is it known what the source of the music was for that DVD?

Victory celebration. If Yub Nub were purely orchestral then maybe it would be opposite... still the melody of the victory celebration cue is still much better.

Victory celebration. If Yub Nub were purely orchestral then maybe it would be opposite...

Have you heard the Charles Gerhardt/NPO version? That's fully orchestral.

:)

Yeah, i really like that version... that was the reason i mentioned it. It really could have surpassed victory celebration in a more developed and longer orchestral version

The Anthology is the most satisfying time I have ever had listening to these scores. No, it isn't complete. Yes, This is Not a Cave was left off, although you had the edited version on the original Empire CD, possibly the only thing that made that wretched thing necessary after the Anthology came out. Certain album versions are retained and others, weirdly, are not. But whether enjoyed as discs 1-4 or sequenced into a playlist that incorporates the tracks from disc 4 into their respective film scores, it is perfect.

I spent five minutes, I can only find the Huttese lyrics, not the translation. I hope the title is simply there for our soundtrack reference and isn't meant to be the in-universe title. I mean, I'm not going to tag it as performed by Evar Orbus and His Galactic Jizz-Wailers. I really don't want any songs using the genre of jizz on my iPod.

Well now that the Star Wars saga will continue, there is no real need for the "Victory Celebration"...it made more sense since that was considered "the end" at one point.

I enjoy VC...but I voted for Yub Nub...

Well now that the Star Wars saga will continue, there is no real need for the "Victory Celebration"...it made more sense since that was considered "the end" at one point.

I enjoy VC...but I voted for Yub Nub...

If the Empire really wasn't defeated, then that whole galaxy wide celebration wasn't necessarily needed either.