E.T. is listening to the Prequels

I thought the love theme abruptly cutting out when Padme pulls away was the best thing about that scene. All it needed was the vinyl record scratch sound and it would have been perfect.

I liked it.

It's not unlike how Herrmann or Rosza would have done it in the 30's or 40's, though.

Yes, it's quite typical for Korngold as well.

Yea I still don't know why the AOTC OST has so much hiss on it. So bizarre.

Didn't you mention somewhere here that the digital files that were leaked onto the internet back in 2002 didn't suffer from that hiss?

Not anyone will be persuaded otherwise because it's become established doctrine to deem it terrible.

Oh yes, for a 2002 film that looks so digital and modern is completely...

f2w8j.jpg

If it was filmed more in an old-fashioned kind of picture I think people could have embraced it a little bit more. But as it is, people take it as a modern film and don't accept it -with reason of course.

So, this is the cue we are talking about right?

Yeah, that's it.

Not anyone will be persuaded otherwise because it's become established doctrine to deem it terrible.

Oh yes, for a 2002 film that looks so digital and modern is completely...

f2w8j.jpg

If it was filmed more in an old-fashioned kind of picture I think people could have embraced it a little bit more. But as it is, people take it as a modern film and don't accept it -with reason of course.

That's not what I meant! The music cutting out is a good moment in an otherwise bad movie.

I actually listened to Revenge of the Sith twice today and yesterday. It really is an entertaining score. I especially dig all the material from I Am the Senate through Anakin Crawling. Love the motif introduced in Swimming, Droids and Yoda Farewell. The ending of It Can't Be (which was horribly edited on the original album) is truly awesome. One of those moments where it's like, damn, the old codger's still got it. Of course, this was 2005.

I never mentioned this, but I really don't like the transition from Home for the Twins to the end credits...sounds really awkward.

I know there's one massive missing highlight from Palpatine's Big Pitch that is fucking great--actually, the best part, which I remember fondly from opening night. However, I refuse to use DVD/Blu-ray-sourced audio. Oh well!

Whenever I hear someone say that transitions in a film score sounds abrupt or awkward, I think the person needs to be reminded that it's a film score and its arrangement isn't necessarily going to be as "musical" as something written without the need to serve the screen.

Whenever I hear someone say that transitions in a film score sounds abrupt or awkward, I think the person needs to be reminded that it's a film score and its arrangement isn't necessarily going to be as "musical" as something written without the need to serve the screen.

But the composer's job kinda IS to make it musical, you know? They can't do anything about the content of the film, but that's not the issue in this case. The idea is great - big statement of the Force theme with a ritardando into the traditional end credits - but for some reason, Williams approached it in a very harmonically dissatisfying way. It's like he was desperate to do the Force theme in G minor and the end credits in Eb, but he forgot to write any real transition between them. How hard would it have been to just use F as the tonic for both so the trilogy could have ended with the authentic cadence it deserved?

is it just my imagination or nobody is posting on the MB in the past few days.There's like 2 threads with new replies

You're doing something wrong.

wait, my direct link to "latest topics" or whatever is not showing threads from General Discusson

ah ok I got it I accidentally displaced my bookmark, but I have no idea where it went