The MCU - Marvel Cinematic Universe

Jay

Whether some thirteen-in-a-dozen Nolanite liked it or not doesn't matter to me. What's important is that I liked it and I immediately realized Marvel granted a lot of freedom to Gunn.

So bland visually though. Surprising that you liked it. For all the wonderful rich scifiness that was possible with the subject, we got a run of the mill, industrial looking world populated by typically quirky characters. Whedon-lite, really. I understand why so many desperate for "something new" embraced it though.

So bland visually though. Surprising that you liked it. For all the wonderful rich scifiness that was possible with the subject, we got a run of the mill, industrial looking world populated by typically quirky characters.

It's Marvel. How much more could you expect?

Even visually, it stands above most of the other factory-made Marvel flicks.

It was very Whedon-like (which I like). As for the rest of your post, TGP, I happen to think the exact opposite. I think Gunn created a lively, entertaining, colorful universe. So much so that it became one of my favorite marvel movies. I am actually looking forward to the second movie (more than Captain America 3).

So bland visually though. Surprising that you liked it. For all the wonderful rich scifiness that was possible with the subject, we got a run of the mill, industrial looking world populated by typically quirky characters.

It's Marvel. How much more could you expect?

Even visually, it stands above most of the other factory-made Marvel flicks.

I think Thor is much more visually striking in basically the same cosmic way GOTG wanted to be.

It was very Whedon-like (which I like). As for the rest of your post, TGP, I happen to think the exact opposite. I think Gunn created a lively, entertaining, colorful universe. So much so that it became one of my favorite marvel movies. I am actually looking forward to the second movie (more than Captain America 3).

Whedon LITE, not Whedon LIKE! As in, Whedon with most of the soul sucked out. I dunno, "lively" just isn't at all how I remember the world being. Maybe I'll try it again.

Again we differ in opinion, TGP. To me Guardians felt like Whedon without chains. What you are describing pertains more to The Avengers. Now that is a bland looking film!

The most interesting part there is that Black Widow and Hawkeye aren't on the same side! BFFs no longer!

So bland visually though. Surprising that you liked it. For all the wonderful rich scifiness that was possible with the subject, we got a run of the mill, industrial looking world populated by typically quirky characters. Whedon-lite, really. I understand why so many desperate for "something new" embraced it though.

That Nova Core planet looked like a huge shopping centre. So bland and sterile.

Bah. Let's face it: by the end of the film, they'll be BFFs again. Maintaining the status quo and all that shit...

Ha, I'm sure you're completely right!

I don't know. I feel like the tension won't be completely resolved until the beginning of the next Avengers movie when they have to come together to beat Thanos. I think it's likely to carry over.

Even though I liked Captain America: Winter Soldier more than I should have, I have my reservations about this one. My biggest gripe is the inclusion of RDJ. Shocking, right?

I don't know. I feel like the tension won't be completely resolved until the beginning of the next Avengers movie when they have to come together to beat Thanos. I think it's likely to carry over.

Bah. The end of this film, the beginning of the next one for them... Does that make much of a difference?

Even in a shared universe, an individual film should still be a its own thing. To that end, it does make a difference because it changes what Civil Wars is as a film and its narrative structure. It will change what Avengers is as a film, etc. If you watch them as a complete experience that experience will change if the tension is relieved in a different spot.

& Ant-Man (noticed him just now!)

I never noticed him either. After I read this I had to go back and look at the poster again (which I only glanced at originally)

I still don't understand why we'll actually need to watch the movie. We'll know who's in it, on which side they fight, and who all doesn't die.

Well, we know RDJ is in it, but still I hope the movie will be a continuation in style of the previous one (The Winter Soldier). Not sure if that will be possible.

Makes more sense to me that Stark would design the web slingers than a 14 year old kid. Plus it's a nice way to get him on his side of the war .

Parker is supposed to be a brilliant scientist. I would be cool to see a young high school kid in the lab with Stark developing the web shooters. It could even play out as a surrogate father/son relationship, especially in a post-death-of-Uncle-Ben scenario.

The comics stated he invented the web shooters and web fluid. The TASM series says he only invented the web shooters, and the web fluid comes from Oscorp.