Yes! I'm excited for any Spielberg film, even if it's about a genre that I'm not crazy about. And of course, the JW score will be nice. And with Lincoln and Tintin off the table, Spielberg will finally have time to move onto his next project, Intersteller, which I have been excited about for a while.

Well lets put it this way ...John Williams is 77 and not getting younger .Any Spielberg project that is completed fast is good news to me.

To me the "JW angle" always has priority over anything else.the film can suck ass for all I care, if I get new JW music I'll be happy

...since it well known that Spielberg shoots extremely quickly.
He should shoot slower and wait for magic to happen.

OH MY GOD!!! OH MY GOD!!!

I need to put my eyes out from that mental image!!!!

;):):lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yes!!! I'm really excited about ANY new Steven Spielberg project, and not just because of the score.

This is a film that doesn't ever need to see the light of day.

No, you don't ever need to see it if you think that way. ;)

Well lets put it this way ...John Williams is 77 and not getting younger .Any Spielberg project that is completed fast is good news to me.

To me the "JW angle" always has priority over anything else.the film can suck ass for all I care, if I get new JW music I'll be happy

Yes, and Spielberg is 62. When Williams retires, will Spielberg choose to hang up the megaphone at the same time out of respect for his friend?

I don't think JW will ever retire, at least not from Spielberg films. Unless by "retire" you meant something else...

I wouldn't be surprised if Spielberg made some sort of short film commemorating JW. But I doubt he'll stop making movies just because JW can't.

Yipee, another rushed Spielberg production.

It is pretty darn fast, but that honestly doesn't matter much to me. It's Spielberg (and Williams).

I hope this gets made soon. JW's next Oscar!

If he won for Lincoln, then he will have continued his tradition of winning at least one Oscar per decade. This could offer one final chance...

Oh well we might get a decent Americana score with another guest soloist

That seems pretty inevitable. What do we think....Tim Morrison on trumpet again? Someone he's used less frequently like Mark O'Connor on the violin or even James Thatcher on horn (that would be sweet)? Or maybe some acclaimed banjo player from Tennessee.

I hope this gets made soon. JW's next Oscar!

If he won for Lincoln, then he will have continued his tradition of winning at least one Oscar per decade. This could offer one final chance...

He better win for Lincoln, at the very least getting a nomination. I've been looking forward to it ever since the film was announced.

What instrument was played proeminently in those days?

Fife? Snare drums?

Classical music and the performing of concert instruments didn't really see too much action in America until the 1840s, when the NY Phil was founded.

It took until the 1870s for most major cities to have orchestras here.

Interestingly enough, choral music was much more advanced and popular in our country at that time...

Gore Verbinski on electric guitar...?

More like electric violin.

Bear McCreary + Electric Viloin = Epic Win

I really want Williams to win best score for this. HE NEEDS AN OSCAR! It might piss me off, though, that he would not win an oscar for all the masterpieces of this decade and then up and win one for Lincoln.

I really want Williams to win best score for this. HE NEEDS AN OSCAR! It might piss me off, though, that he would not win an oscar for all the masterpieces of this decade and then up and win one for Lincoln.

It's not like he doesn't already have a lot of Oscars.

It's not like he doesn't already have a lot of Oscars.

But he deserves more than twice the amount he already has.

It's not a matter of who should win, but rather who will win. The two are, as previous Oscar results can attest, completely different.

Exactly.

And I don't think the Academy members have told each other, "OK, let's not give JW any more Oscars, no matter WHAT the hell he writes!"

That's precisely what the Academy would do. They also do, "Hey, let's give an Oscar to director or composer X, we neglected him for his entire career and this might be his last movie."

In order to give the Academy what they want, Williams will invite Gustavo to pluck the guitar on the score in hopes of snagging one more Oscar.

Honestly, I don't even think that SL deserved to win. My vote would have gone to Elfman's The Nightmare Before Christmas.

JP should have been nominated as its a better score than SL.

I don't really care if he wins another Oscar, if he writes a score to Lincoln I just want it to be something really good.

And as joey225 said, snare drum was one of the two most prominent instruments in those days during the Civil War.

Thats not something that makes one excited.