Boston Film Night 2015 (without JW)

I'm expecting something akin to Boba Fett's motif.

No it will meld Imperial theme from ANH with the Emperor's theme!

A new thread should be started: 'What is the best Williams cue concerning spherical objects?' I'm going to give a shout out to the earth spinning backwards in Superman, Luke lightsaber training with the floaty ball, and the classic huge ball being rolled by the t-rex in Lost World.

A new thread should be started: 'What is the best Williams cue concerning spherical objects?' I'm going to give a shout out to the earth spinning backwards in Superman, Luke lightsaber training with the floaty ball, and the classic huge ball being rolled by the t-rex in Lost World.

:whistle:

:whistle:

I guess BB8's theme has leaked online then. I was hoping for a Jazz number.

Last year was amazing! I wish you all a good time and beat the crap out of those nasty autograph suckers stealing real JW fans the opportunity for a few bucks on ebay...

Last year was amazing! I wish you all a good time and beat the crap out of those nasty autograph suckers stealing real JW fans the opportunity for a few bucks on ebay...

I will have one autograph to me, and three out to my friends of the same name.

Yeah, the crowd was insane last year. You can see the whole shebang in my facebook profile photo. Is it like that every year?

The year before it was pretty crowded, but I would not call it crazy. It's John Williams, not Justin Bieber.

Well, last year could have fooled me. Everyone seemed better behaved (and the crowd smaller) in the year you was there -- or so it seems from the pics I've seen, anyway.

Coming all the way from England does make me want to at least say a simple hello and to get an autograph, but I doubt that will happen at all, so seeing him Conduct is good enough for me. That being said, if there's a chance to get an autograph then I will kick a small child out of the way to get to him. I don't care if you are a cute little 5 year old boy who recently started piano lessons so he can "be like John Williams some day." That kid doesn't know what it's like to fly to a country that doesn't possess the proper English tea making facilities. By the concert I would have been in the U.S. for 4 days already, so I would just be hitting the worst of the withdrawal.

Coming all the way from England does make me want to at least say a simple hello and to get an autograph, but I doubt that will happen at all, so seeing him Conduct is good enough for me. That being said, if there's a chance to get an autograph then I will kick a small child out of the way to get to him. I don't care if you are a cute little 5 year old boy who recently started piano lessons so he can "be like John Williams some day." That kid doesn't know what it's like to fly to a country that doesn't possess the proper English tea making facilities. By the concert I would have been in the U.S. for 4 days already, so I would just be hitting the worst of the withdrawal.

That sort of remarks make me cringe.

I saw Williams in Boston 2 years ago, and he signed my TPM LP even though I didnt have any expectations that such a thing would happen. It was miraculous, but not something that should be insisted upon or forced.

The thought of what Thor described, so called fans or autograph hunters making an obscene spectacle of themselves in from of the Maestro is really saddening. I would have assumed we were better then that.,

That sort of remarks make me cringe.

I saw Williams in Boston 2 years ago, and he signed my TPM LP even though I didnt have any expectations that such a thing would happen. It was miraculous, but not something that should be insisted upon or forced.

The thought of what Thor described, so called fans or autograph hunters making an obscene spectacle of themselves in from of the Maestro is really saddening. I would have assumed we were better then that.,

Don't worry. I don't actually intend on acting on a clear joke...

That pretty much happened to me two years ago. What's worse is that the kid that was used sat behind me at the concert and didn't shut up the whole time. Snoring noises, "is this Star Wars?", "is THIS Star Wars?" and the whole bit.

That pretty much happened to me two years ago. What's worse is that the kid that was used sat behind me at the concert and didn't shut up the whole time. Snoring noises, "is this Star Wars?", "is THIS Star Wars?" and the whole bit.

People talking in concerts makes my blood boil. At a pixar concert I saw last year, two women sat next to me and were having a full, concert-long conversation about their day, which included shopping for food, how the buses are noisy in London, how comfy their chairs were at home, despite being told to shut up by everyone.

No love for the Rolling Boulder in Raiders?

Or the Death Stars

How did I not think of that!?

Blarg :(

John Williams regretfully has had to cancel his upcoming appearances with the Boston Pops, May 22 and 23, due to a back ailment that requires him to rest and limit travel over the next few weeks. Please note, the program will remain the same.

Richard Kaufman will conduct these performances. Among his many accomplishments, Richard Kaufman is the Principal Pops Conductor of the Pacific Symphony, the Pops Conductor Laureate of the Dallas Symphony, and is celebrating his tenth season at the helm of the Chicago Symphony Orchestra’s film concert series “CSO at the Movies.” As a friend and colleague of John Williams, Mr. Kaufman has appeared as a violinist on many of Mr. Williams’s film sound tracks over the years.

Blarg :(

John Williams regretfully has had to cancel his upcoming appearances with the Boston Pops, May 22 and 23, due to a back ailment that requires him to rest and limit travel over the next few weeks. Please note, the program will remain the same.

Richard Kaufman will conduct these performances. Among his many accomplishments, Richard Kaufman is the Principal Pops Conductor of the Pacific Symphony, the Pops Conductor Laureate of the Dallas Symphony, and is celebrating his tenth season at the helm of the Chicago Symphony Orchestra’s film concert series “CSO at the Movies.” As a friend and colleague of John Williams, Mr. Kaufman has appeared as a violinist on many of Mr. Williams’s film sound tracks over the years.

Was about to post that...

Man, I'm really bummed out by this :( Could this be the same health issue that caused him to cancel his January performance?

I was really hoping to see him this year, it was probably the only chance I'll ever get to see him in person... I'll still go to the concert, as the trip is already paid for and all, but still.. :(:(

Well, that's disappointing. :( This could be related to his health issues earlier this year. I wish him a speedy recovery in any case. I'm sure he deserves the rest after the work he's done (and still has to do) for TFA.

Well, if people are still planning going.....

Only a couple weeks away now. Jay, are we doing Uno again?

You know, as much as going to a lame chain restaurant is with all the great food the city has to offer, it really is the best location being right across from Symphony Hall + giving us that private room for the entire time. So yes, I think we should once again.

Or maybe we could do one restaurant Friday and another Saturday? Who is going to both nights?

Let's a get a list started

I'm going FRIDAY, plus I'm going SATURDAY with one guest (Marcy)

Though I might try to sell our tickets now that J Dubs isn't attending. We'll see.

Ouch, that sucks about Williams, especially from those who travel in from overseas. I don't know how I would have reacted if this had happened last year.

It's worth nothing that Williams also took almost the whole of 1988 off due to back injuries (at least as far as public appearances are concerned), so it's something he's had for a while. Comes and goes.

If I had booked for Boston I would have probably have to cancel because of my own health. I can barely make it to the shop without needing a rest, much less endure a 10 hour flight and all the stuff associated with a holiday.

I hope Tanglewood will go though and that both me and JW will be there.

Sure, but he has had to cancel a concert earlier this year because of health reasons, and Bridge Of Spies, presumably....

Not a good sign.

According to someone over at FSM, TFA is the reason he didn't do BOS, not health reasons.

Ennio Morricone halted his concert tour for a very similar problem last year (back injury) and now he's back in shape, touring regularly around the world.

There's no reason to worry, guys. As Thor said, JW already had back ailments in the past. Now, at 83 years old, he must surely think very well about how to spend his energies. Plus, he's deep at work on a certain film score... :)

Let's just wish him a quick recovery!

Sure, but he has had to cancel a concert earlier this year because of health reasons, and Bridge Of Spies, presumably....

Not a good sign.

According to someone over at FSM, TFA is the reason he didn't do BOS, not health reasons.

"Someone as FSM"

Great source.

IMDB lists health reasons in their trivia section btw.

The DreamWorks press release is the actual source on this.

Man that's a crushing blow. I'm coming from England and have worked hard to afford the trip. I was really looking forward to seeing him up there on the stage for the first time in my life. Really heartbreaking. The most important thing is that he's okay, but damn that's hard to stomach.

Or maybe we could do one restaurant Friday and another Saturday? Who is going to both nights?

Let's a get a list started

Me +1 will be there Friday night. It's too late to turn back now! Plane tickets etc. I hope the JWFan meetup happens in any case, since it'll be an even bigger highlight this year, all things considered!