Geffen Records re-issuing Jaws and E.T. LP programs on vinyl and digital retailers on February 3

TownerFan

It was reported about a year ago that the Jaws tapes were in fine condition, so he's hoping a definitive and final edition of Jaws will make an appearance within the next couple of years. The music sounds excellent on the Blu-ray... better than I've heard it.

The E.T. Blu-ray still didn't include the LaserDisc special features or all the 20th Anniversary DVD content. Not definitive, but the best the film itself has ever been presented on home video.

Now, that looks like a really great turntable :)

Hell

Is this the first time Miguel loses his cool?

Well, I didn't lost it... just an expression to suggest that I've spent quite some money on some of this stuff, even if many find them worthless. :)

Agreed, but what cartridge should I purchase?

The 20th Anniversary version is one best forgotten. It was an embarrassing period in the films history.

What does the average JWfan have against it? I didn't listen to the others that much. Don't they have more music? 'E.T. Is Drunk' for instance?

Stefan is talking about the FILM, not the score in that sentence. IE, the version where Spielberg replaced the shotguns with walkie talkies.

Read on FSM that the original Jaws and ET albums are available on the US iTunes and Amazon.

Any idea if these are remastered?

I've always assumed they've been available there forever?

Sorry, but for these two... I need the real thing.

I want them in CDs. :down:

For years I waited, I waited... hoping for remastered CDs.

My decision is taken, I will start to hunt "used" CDs. :pfft:

You won't have to pay much :)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00000DWFU/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

ET - Used copies for as low as $0.25 - ignore the track listing on this page, the catalog number is for the OST.

http://www.amazon.com/Jaws-John-Williams/dp/B0038G8OCO/ref=sr_1_5_twi_2?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1423065124&sr=1-5&keywords=JAWS

Jaws - Used copies for as low as $1.96

Why do people want to own CDs as if they were the "real thing" or the "original albums"? They clearly aren't. Both albums were originally released on vinyl, so if you want "original" that's what you need.

Otherwise digital files are as "real" as those obsolete and impractical plastic discs...

Most download sources are lossy, as are the sources Jason listed above, which is my biggest problem with them.

Some people like to have the artwork/liners, don't listen to music digitally, prefer to have the hard copy as a backup, would rather continue their collections in the same format the other 3000 albums are in, etc etc etc

In the case of E.T. and Jaws, my understanding of most of the above posts is that "original albums" meant the original album programs, and not the media they were on.

Why do people want to own CDs as if they were the "real thing" or the "original albums"? They clearly aren't. Both albums were originally released on vinyl, so if you want "original" that's what you need.

Otherwise digital files are as "real" as those obsolete and impractical plastic discs...

Because if I own it, I have it forever!

Most download sources are lossy, as are the sources Jason listed above, which is my biggest problem with them.

Some people like to have the artwork/liners, don't listen to music digitally, prefer to have the hard copy as a backup, would rather continue their collections in the same format the other 3000 albums are in, etc etc etc

In the case of E.T. and Jaws, my understanding of most of the above posts is that "original albums" meant the original album programs, and not the media they were on.

I was referring to those who consider them to be the "original albums" in CD form only.

When I talk about an "original album" I'm always referring to the content, not the support.

Why get the vinyl when the CD with the same content is available?

I'm not a collector of supports (but I respect them and their mental illness). I'm a collector of content. ;)

I buy mp3 from time to time... mostly when it's the only or easier way to get music... But... as I am not good for backups, nothing beats a CD.

For years I retain myself of getting the original CDs of Jaws & E.T., saying to myself "They'll get remastered soon.. I'll wait and buy the new CDs."

Nothing was done for E.T. 30th... and I now realize that nothing will be done for Jaws 40th... and I will not wait for the 50th!

I have all of my music on 2 simultaneous drives in case of a malfunction, but it still doesn't feel as safe as an original pressed c.d. or even a backup on cdr

At least for my JW collection, I prefer to have original c.d.'s

This is another thing, I start to have old CD-R that surely have more than 15 years... Will need to backup them I think.

Backups of backups... pffff

Nothing is better than a old good original CD.

• 2 months later...

Geffen Records will reissue a few new soundtracks on vinyl, February 3rd.

If you follow the blog, then you know we’re a fan of soundtracks on vinyl. If you’re a fan of soundtracks on vinyl, then you should definitely check out the blog Films on Wax for some solid soundtrack vinyl reviews.
Geffen records will be reissuing a few classic soundtracks on vinyl in February that includes: E.T., The Godfather, Jaws, and Pulp Fiction.
Details regarding the specific pressing information for each release are unavailable, but according to the product description for Pulp Fiction on Shop Radio Cast, the reissue will be on “Picture Disc” vinyl. As soon as more details are available, we’ll update the post.

I'm sorry, I couldn't find any threads concerning the reissue using the search function (I did now, though). Can you merge this thread with the one you linked to?

Cool, it's Alien vs Predator!

I'm usually tired of all the Michael Jackson/pedophile jokes, but I gotta admit -- that was clever. :)