BloodBoal

Agreed.

They should have gotten rid of BOTH characters during/after Smaug's attack.

Well that is obviously the ideal, but I'm saying that IF they were going to keep Alfrid around, then they should have kept the Master around as well, to make those light-hearted scenes more bearable. Their dynamic worked well in DoS, but Alfrid on his own... well that was a different thing entirely.

The Alfrid and Master dynamic worked nicely when the Master was in charge, but Bard needed to take over.

Or the Master could survive, rile the people up against the Dwarves, and then after the battle, Bard could take over Dale and The Master could take over the rebuilt Laketown, succumb to Dragon-sickness, flee Laketown with the Gold given to him by Bard to build said rebuilt town, and perish in the surrounding wastelands.

Yeah they could have just rallied against the Master since he tried to escape with the gold and deposed him, electing Bard instead, with the Master and Alfrid somewhat thankful that Bard saved their lives. So then we have a 'Master' without power and having to respect Bard, but all the while plotting with Alfrid against him, and of course only using Alfrid as a lackey. Could have been an interesting dynamic.

I just want to point out that what I just posted is what happens in the book.

Then Barny came along.... ;)

But the film isn't about that!

Interesting that people complain how much the focus was taken away from Bilbo, and then invent entire scenarios about The Master!

Only I've never been one of those who complained that the film took the focus away from Bilbo.

The film isn't about Alfrid either, but it is what it is. I just think it would have worked better if it had been Alfrid and The Master in tandem rather than Alfrid alone hanging around like a bad smell

Less talking about Alfrid, more music!

Though maybe Shore microediting out all of Alfrids themes was him expressing his silent opinion on the matter, ha.

I checked just now and that is definitely the arkenstone motif from Dragon Sickness that plays at 1:16-1:24

the music right before that from 1:09 to 1:16 though is replaced with music I cant quite place, that must be the tracked material BB is talking about

the music right before that from 1:09 to 1:16 though is replaced with music I cant quite place, that must be the tracked material BB is talking about

I think that bit is probably taken from A Thief in the Night.

Also the BOlg/Azog music is not tracked.

Except faster, brass instead of strings (compared to Liar and a Thief, winds if you are comparing to Spell of Concealment), and longer (compared to the two notes in Spell of Concealment that you are thinking of).

Anyway, looking forward to trying to see you make sense of the next track!

It's actually only hard near the beginning, the rest is rather straightforward.

Hmm, I thought it was pretty simple, from 2:09 - 3:38 should be pretty much used as in the film (with some missing footage), then 3:38 - 4:01 is for Gandalf and Galadriel before Radagast Arrival (replaced with Tracked music in the film).

I wouldnt put it past PJ to track music all the way back from FOTR

It seems that there was a conscious effort to only take music from the same orchestra as was performing the rest of the score (NZSO). (both in the film and in the documentaries)

Yup. Any LOTR music used in TH films would be credited in the end credits, like for the EE party scene in AUJ.

OK, finally saw the Dragon Sickness video. Seems clear to me the beginning music is for the Bilbo / Smaug / Arkenstone stuff, meaning the end of Beyond Sorrow and Grief is certainly for some scene that got cut out of the TC. Neat.

Everything else seems spot on. Good stuff!

Man, I forgot how goofy parts of that scene look!

Cool video! I love the sync points of Sauron's theme as each wringraith appears (around 2:40ish I think it was)

I love the sync points of Sauron's theme as each wringraith appears

That's a nice touch.

Indeed. :)

Again excellent videos BB!

I still wish PJ would have opted to have the guardians of the Three banishing Sauron together. It is odd how they actually have close up of Nenya when Galadriel appears but the rings are never mentioned again even when they actually made a point about the dwarven rings in DoS EE. Galadriel going nuclear was perhaps poignant from the point of view of her relationship with Gandalf but Elrond and Saruman are rendered mere extras who beat monsters with sticks and swords. I had hoped it would have actually taken the combined forces of the council to defeat Sauron himself.

Boyens confirmed we're getting more Dol Guldur, specifically stuff concerning the Rings. So you may yet get something like what you wish Incanus.

So what you're basically saying BB is that there could well be unheard action-statements of Isengard and Rivendell knocking about somewhere?

Boyens confirmed we're getting more Dol Guldur, specifically stuff concerning the Rings. So you may yet get something like what you wish Incanus.

Good. Good.