The MCU - Marvel Cinematic Universe

Jay

They did a great job with CA:WS, which was like a mini-Avengers movie. They've proven very capable. I'm not bummed about this, and Whedon is still their resident consultant on all this MCU, and will probably be back at some point in the future after he recharges the batteries.

The exposure you get from being in a billion dollar MARVEL movie far outweighs a short period of waiting for it to grow back

Meh, I'd still think it'd be worth it

Then again, Jennifer Lawrence wore a terrible wig in Hunger Games 3 instead of dying her hair dark again so what do I know

The exposure you get from being in a billion dollar MARVEL movie far outweighs a short period of waiting for it to grow back

But what does that exposure earn you? If you're lucky, more high-profile work. And in that regard, long, flowing hair is more marketable than a bald dome or buzz cut while the hair grows back.

So I'm sure she'd rather not, if it can be avoided.

Her now-cancelled show, Selfie, was really good, BTW. I was sorry to see that it didn't take off.

That's what wigs are for

No one knew she was wearing a wig at SDCC until she took it off

But what does that exposure earn you? If you're lucky, more high-profile work. And in that regard, long, flowing hair is more marketable than a bald dome or buzz cut while the hair grows back.

Not to mention she's practically unrecognizable in the film. So I'm not sure how much marketing the normal Karen Gillan actually gets.

Well she is widely known in the rather geeky comic book/sci-fi culture because of Doctor Who. I'm sure it was widely known she was in this film.

Shaving your head for a role is the kinda thing you agree to to get a part, but of you become part of the fixtures of a franchise, it's normal to ask for an alternative.

The aftermath of the aliens attack on New York City in The Avengners will be explored in Daredevil

There's been this incident," Henson said during a roundtable interview with reporters yesterday. "New York's been torn apart by the aliens and everyone's trying to deal with it. That's how the mob got their foothold in Hell's Kitchen: from the Avengers' fight. The Avengers don't realize all this crime has trickled down because of their actions. I think that's so interesting -- how now that New York's been torn apart, what's going to happen with the criminal element. They're not dealing with that."

http://comicbook.com/2015/04/04/daredevils-elden-henson-the-avengers-caused-kingpins-rise-to-pow/

Neat