The MCU - Marvel Cinematic Universe

Jay

The next edit of AOTC will remove the deathsticks scene :down: 101 Dalmations will be re-rated R on the strength of Cruella having a cigarette!

Okay, joking aside, smoking may be bad, but drinking is okay. Seriously, do any of the characters actually smoke in the comics anyway? I don't remember Hulk puffing away on a Silk Cut as he smashed things up. Spidey wasn't using his webs to keep his cigar in place as he swung through the air.Then again, I'm not so big on the other characters but their more recent tales don't have them smoking anyway. Is it really that big a deal with these movies?

Really?

In the old days, when your hero, the cool guy you look up to, the man that you want to be, when he smoked he said as much as: "It's alright for you to smoke too, kid. Maybe you'll be as cool as me."

Really?

In the old days, when your hero, the cool guy you look up to, the man that you want to be, when he smoked he said as much as: "It's alright for you to smoke too, kid. Maybe you'll be as cool as me."

That was in the old days. Before there were actually any campainging against smoking.

That is true. However, it's still not something that should be encouraged in kids.

I never understood how depicting smoking or drinking on screen is the same as encouraging it.

The mysteries of the Hollywood mind.

I don't know many, if anybody, who smoke or drink because it was in a film. They do it because they were subjected to peer pressure in their teens.

Hans Zimmer wrote the score to all four Pirates movies, but for the first one he was contractually obliged by Warner Brothers to not work on any other scores while he was working on The Last Samurai, so he let Klaus Badelt take the credit for it.

You know this, this story has been told on the board over and over again for the past 12 years

It's impossible that you have never heard that story before

Why? I am not a zimmer or badelt fan. I don't really follow discussion about their work.
This exact same scenario where I mention it and you go "Really?" has happened at least three times.

Yup. I'm too lazy to use the search engine to find examples of Steef responding to this story in the past, but I'm sure they exist

Its true. I actually thought POTC was a score like The Rock. Done by a commitee, theme composed by Hansu.

Hans wrote all of the themes and a lot of the material. Of course there were several others that helped. Geoff Zanelli and Jim Dooley mainly, if I remember correctly. Probably why Zanelli is scoring Dead Men Tell No Tales.

It's not too late for you. Pull yourself together, man! Quit your job, move to another country, change you haircut, your clothes, your name! Time to start a new life.

Come to Kanadia! We'll fix you up by suffocating you with our courteous manners!