007 replaced

ocelot

Why not. I mean, it would be fun.  Why does anyone care at all?  If you don't want to see it, don't go, but Hally Berry as Jinx was fantastic, so why not have some summer popcorn flick with a sexy babe in a bikini kicking ass, with or without a plot??????

Catwoman already came out.

Justin

And utterly tanked.

Neil

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked "Christmas" I swear they just named her that for Brosnan's one liner.

ren, sad to see Brosnan go, and hoping the next guy is just as sexy as Brosnan and Connery

Found this on IMDB today,

Greg :-)

Pierce Brosnan: "I Haven't Said No to Bond"

Reports that Pierce Brosnan won't return as superspy James Bond are premature - the movie star insists he's still interested in playing 007 again. Brosnan insists rumors of his retirement as Bond came about when a reporter misunderstood the actor's insistence that he no longer wanted to talk about the character in an interview. He says, "There was no announcement. I think the reporter heard it wrong. I think what I said was, 'I've had my fill of talking about Bond.' It was not an official announcement."

While IMDb's credability can certainly be questioned (as they seem to confirm a new Bond every few weeks), I have heard this report elsewhere. Wouldn't it be great, after all these wild rumors, that it was Brosnan all along? Not to mention the guy is awesome.

BBC have also reported today that, whilst the Production Company are actively looking for a replacement for Brosnan (Bana and Law were mentioned.....again....), he has "Not ruled himself out of a 5th appearance as Bond".

• 1 month later...

Brosnan was on a chat show in the UK last night, from which came this.......sad, really...

"Brosnan 'gutted' over Bond exit"

Actor Pierce Brosnan has confirmed he will not play James Bond again, accusing producers of going back on an offer for him to return.

Brosnan, who has appeared in four Bond blockbusters, said he agreed to film a fifth but was "gutted" when filmmakers changed their minds.

"When they told me, I was angry and the conversation was pretty short and sweet," he told Jonathan Ross' TV show.

Colin Farrell and Ewan McGregor have been mooted as possible replacements.

Brosnan first played the famous spy in 1995's GoldenEye, followed by Tomorrow Never Dies, The World Is Not Enough and Die Another Day.

"They invited me back, and they changed their minds half-way through negotiations. It's hard to find the truth," he said on BBC One's Friday Night with Jonathan Ross.

"If you get uptight it just does your head in so you've got to let it go."

He said he felt a "great sense of liberation" after he was told. "I thought they did me a favour, really... leave while you're on top."

Sean Connery first played Bond in the 1960s, followed by George Lazenby, Roger Moore and Timothy Dalton before Brosnan took over.

Brosnan recently said Irish hellraiser Colin Farrell, star of Minority Report, Phone Booth and forthcoming epic Alexander, would be his choice to be next.

I believe Brosnan has talked about this before a couple of times, about what happened. So this is basically old news. ;)

I think if we want to take a guess at who'll play Bond next, we shouldn't be looking for today's hottest stars (Colin or Ewan? Blech!), but back at the actors who were tested for GoldenEye. It wouldn't be the first time they'd go back to a previously tested actor. Roger Moore was the original choice for Bond, but was unable to do it, because of his involvement in The Saint. Timothy Dalton was apparently offered to take over the role from Sean Connery after Diamonds Are Forever, but felt he was too young and declined. Pierce Brosnan was going to follow up Roger Moore, but Timothy Dalton got the job, because Brosnan was at the time involved in Remington Steele

- Marc

A few days ago the Sun reported that Brosnan suggested Daniel Radcliffe as a future Bond. This, of course, turned the Potter fans in to a whirl of excitement and imagery of him being a suave and sophisticated superspy. Then, of course, they all found out he was joking and were instantly offended. I like Brosnan's sense of humour, we need him for more films!!

I'm one of the ones that has, for some time, thought Colin Salmon would make a great Bond.....

Ewan? Errr - no.....

Colin Farrell?? Hmmm - he's a bit of a chameleon - I'd like to see him in a screen test or something.....

I'd also like to see Richard E Grant have a go....(I had him down as a possibility for Batman)....

Brosnan recently said Irish hellraiser Colin Farrell, star of Minority Report...

That's funny. I thought Tom Cruise was the star of Minority Report. :roll:

I hate to accuse Brosnan of such things, but I feel he only mentioned it because he's a fellow Irishman. Farrell as Bond? He'd just drink way to many vodka martinis and be in a hangover for the rest of the film.

Brosnan recently said Irish hellraiser Colin Farrell, star of Minority Report...

That's funny. I thought Tom Cruise was the star of Minority Report. :roll:

I'm glad I'm not the only one to have noticed that Colin Farrell is being plugged a lot...

My Daredevil DVD has a sticker on the front advertising "Featuring Colin Farrell as Bullseye".....yeah?.......for about 10 minutes....??????

Go figure.....

COLIN SALMON FOR BOND!

Ewan? Hmmmmmmm......

Guess I should post a little warning here - this link taked you through to an article on a gambling site - PLEASE PLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASE don't start gambling!!!!!!!

GO!

My Daredevil DVD has a sticker on the front advertising "Featuring Colin Farrell as Bullseye".....yeah?.......for about 10 minutes....??????

Go figure.....

Well, it may only be 10 minutes, but his presence in those 10 minutes was the strongest presence of any character in that movie. And he has that great after-the-credits-scene at the hospital :D

Boris Johnson is currently 500-1 to play Bond.....

OK, OK, I know this is extremely British and Boris is probably not the best known person outside the blighty, but I can see it now....

"The name's Bond, Boris Bond....oh...no......I think that's wrong.....that's what the script said though.....wasn't it?......Boris Bond....yes......erm.......no.....JAMES - that's the one!.......I knew it all along......the Name's James....Boris James.....oh.....damn and blast.....it's been sabotaged!......I'm just a hands-off editor....."