What is the last Television series you watched?

Jay

I've just started watching Battlestar Galactica. This seems to be a pretty great show, no?

What took you so long?

It's just one of those things...the number of unwatched tv shows just keeps on piling up. I started watching this one on a very insistent recommendation by a close friend. I'm loving it so far

What's great about is it needed just 4 seasons to tell a great storyline. Most TV shows go on and on and lose focus on what made them great.

I agree.

Breaking Bad did the same thing.

I dunno, Battlestar Galactica was always watchable. I actually loved he moments when things progressed fast, but a lot of the time it seemed as if time stood still, as if they were stalling the story to fill the episodes.

I've always wanted to watch it but its reported significant drop in quality as it goes on has always been a barrier. I hate feeling like I've wasted my time, just like when I go to the cinema and the movie was meh.

What happened?! I mean, episode 8 of Season 2 of Penny Dreadful was utterly fantastic! And no Eva Green ... is she the reason that is holding the series down for me?

Ummm....

In my opinion BSG seriously lost focus after two seasons and never really regained it

I thought it was pretty consistent.

:up:

It loses focus and effectiveness when the Cylons became a bigger part of the show IMO. I found them rather ineffective, and suddenly not threatening anymore

They become a lot less one-dimensional, or black and white, as the show went on. They weren't all bad. Some of the cylons actually wanted to cooperate with the humans. That's what made it interesting for me.

Does the show improve after the first few episodes at all? It looks and sounded great, but I didn't feel all that involved

It's the same for me, but yesterday was different. If every episode was like that I would understand the 100% it's getting from RT.

Just finished season 3 of Buffy. Overall a far more consistent season then 2, though it doesn't quite have the highs of that one. Only one Spike episode, Angel is his dull brooding self for most of the season. The addition of Faith is rather good, and the Mayor makes for a solid, if typically Whedonesque villain (very witty and clever, but not really all that threatening throughout most of the season)

I've heard the audio commentaries on 24, and her co-workers stated that she actually doesn't use a computer and her character is a total tech-head while she in real life is the total opposite. She had attached all sorts of post-its and little notes to her screens.

I just no longer bought them as a serious adversary.

The more we got to know about them, the less interesting they became.

BSG's main focus was always humanity turning against itself. That's what made it so good, and often relevant. Like DS9, it handled topics like terrorism, racism and (religious) fanaticism in a serious manner.