First clip from The Force Awakens, containing Williams score premieres during American Music Awards

Not Mr. Big

I'm actually hearing a bit of NcNeely's Shadows of the Empire, specifically the brass from Xixor's Palace. Not hearing the Indy 4 comparisons at all.

He never really took the brass to these high notes for prolonged moments in the prequels, so here's hoping he has some soaring high strings writing as well. That was always a hallmark of his work in the OT.

Also could be Finn's theme.

:woop:

So much for people claiming they'll wait until they watch the movie to listen to any bit from the score...

Technically he did watch the movie ;)

The music seems burried under the sound effects. I could listen to the music only in the music only embed above.

Uh.... You need to check your ears methinks.

I prefer generic modern Williams to generic "classic" Williams. Now that stuff is boring.

Also could be Finn's theme.

:woop:

So much for people claiming they'll wait until they watch the movie to listen to any bit from the score...

I never said I wouldn't listen to short officially released bits of score. Just gigantic entire-album leaks.

I never said I wouldn't listen to short officially released bits of score. Just gigantic entire-album leaks.

Sure!

They're holding it back. We haven't heard shit.

Yeah, but that's a good thing in my book. I'd rather hear the score first in one sitting than have it drip-fed to me over time through multiple batches of audio samples, music videos, and 30 minute previews.

If this were a Ben Burtt mix, the sound of sand bouncing off BB8 and the footsteps of our main characters would be mixed louder than the music.

Exactly! It was dialogue, music, then sound effects. I hope that is what the film is like in the theater.