it was only a matter of time. I wonder how it ends.

I think its going to be in a rather different direction considering how Williams kept going on about how hymn-like its going to be. So I suppose we'll get more of his pastoral writing infused with his usual sense of Americana.

I liked Nixon and The Patriot (although the latter was sort of Williams on auto-pilot).

Wow I wasn't expecting it to be released so soon (I expected a December release)! It shouldn't be too long before we get a trailer.

first the trailer, then the soundtrack samples, then the soundtrack, then the film.... it's all right around the corner now!

It feels like we were just doing this for Tintin and War Horse...so this is what it's like to be a fan of JW when he's actively writing.

Considering this film is based on Lincoln, I expect the score to be quite "American". I think we'll see a lot of strings and definitely hear similarities similiar to "Nixon", "JFK", "War Horse", "The Patriot", "Saving Private Ryan". I don't see the use of a chorus unless there is a lot of war scenes but I definitely expect nice brass, strings, possibly flutes as well. I'm super excited and can't wait!

At least you didn't use DHL.

...Hopefully we'll get a trailer soon. I hope it contains music from the film like War Horse did.

Indeed, i hope this trailer also uses the score... That would be great.

I can't believe we were discussing War Horse a year ago.

Now that we know it's definitely coming in November, I don't think a trailer would be more than a month away. Unless Spielberg really meant it when he said he didn't want it used for political fodder ;)

Fantastic news! Another Williams score so soon. :)

Didn't Williams say the score is guitar heavy?

I think there was some fuss about IMDB listing George Doering as a guitarist for the score but I don't think there has been any report of the score being "guitar heavy". This is how internet rumors are fuelled. From a soloist to "guitar heavy". :P

So you're telling me the entire score will be one long and unaccompanied guitar solo, and "Rounds" was our first sample? I'll go alert the press.

I think it is fairly obvious that it will the guitarist John Williams who will be writing this score.

It's more obvious that by incorporating the guitar in this score our John Williams is attempting to completely eradicate the other John Williams from Google search results.

Actually, I think that might have the opposite effect.

Do we know if it is an acoustic guitar or an electric guitar?

Don't worry - Googles algorithms work in our John's favour.

Exactly Lee. Dom is sitting with me snuggling and I'm on my phone.

I was at my computer last night when I was typing PMs. That's it

Can I "dislike" your post BB :(

It's funny how owning a tablet has made me regress and streamline my computing/online habits. I too used to enjoy mucking about with Photoshop, making animated gifs, banners and stuff; using music editing software, mixing music together, putting it over video; spending time here typing up big essay posts, arguing endlessly with Alexcremers with comprehensive quotations and amusing back-and-forth. But now? Now I don't even use two hands to type. I've never been so rapidly efficient with my index finger. When typing, ahem.

BB, I think we should all refrain from posting negatively on people's families. for instance, I have yet to bring your mutha into it ;)

That I would agree with; it certainly is addicting. I wouldn't have kept coming back all these times....

As for the former, you just watch it BB, don't mess with my Englishman ;)

Where is Abe Lincoln in all this folks! More Lincoln in this thread! Less family related drama! :stick:

That I would agree with; it certainly is addicting. I wouldn't have kept coming back all these times....

As for the former, you just watch it BB, don't mess with my Englishman ;)

Heh, it's alright Ren, there was no malice in BloodBoal's words. A fool, but a well-meaning fool he remains.