Upcoming Scoring Assignments

Jay

• 2 weeks later...

I've never heard a Christophe Beck score I liked, not that I've listened to any outside the film.

Film looks terrible, but has a good cast.

Fuck, I was really looking forward to this one. I remember reading somewhere that Silvestri was doing a very old-fashioned, kind of jazzy noir score for this one; and was really looking forward to that.

I remember also he was announced really really early, like when the film was still on pre-production, so I wonder if they needed some kind of source music or something that will still be there.

Ah, well. C'est la vie.

• 1 month later...

Of course not! Who in their right mind would want a new Djawadi score?

Somebody on FMR isn't too happy though.

Ha, this movie is so doomed icon_biggrin.gif They literally went with the worst possible choice on the entire planet. Come on, Fox, haven’t you learn your lesson with godawful Wolverine (the movie AND the score)? But hey, at least they keep this marauder of film music away from good projects. Maybe even Proyas will come to his senses and fire Beltrami’s ass one day

Beltrami is trying to reach Goldsmith's level of scores per year. In quantity if not in quality at least.

I'm bewildered at the choice of Christophe Beck for Ant-Man. I've enjoyed his work in "Buffy" as well as portions of Frozen, but I don't see him doing a great superhero score or theme.

I'm interested in seeing what Beltrami does for Fantastic Four though.

I'm bewildered at the choice of Christophe Beck for Ant-Man.

Well, he worked together with Ant-Man's director, Peyton Reed, before - in 2000, for Bring It On. Also, Christophe Beck has recently proven he can do the big RCP sound with Edge of Tomorrow, and he was selected for the upcoming Terminator 5, so why not!

YES!!!

Let's hope this is a sign of his return to the industry!

I'm not a fan but big props to him. He just sparked a successful career and will make tons of cash!

He's been scoring bigger pictures lately. Good for him. Though I generally find his music bland.