The Official Intrada Thread

Trent B

Again, I know it's just me that'd favor the Fievels over Willow. I barely listen to the latter to the point where I forget I have the album. I love Horner, it's just Willow isn't a particular favorite of mine in his library.

Indeed. There really isn't many scores left where I'd be interested in an expansion/remastering. Save the aforementioned Child's Play 2, pretty much all of my other holy grails are out. 

With The Mummy, I think the album's perfect as is, but I haven't seen the movie, so I wouldn't know how cool the unreleased music is. 

Just now, kaseykockroach said:

The Mummy (...) I haven't seen the movie

Please do. It's stupid as shit but fun as hell, and since you're a sucker for cartoons, you'd love the effects!

3 minutes ago, Holko said:

Please do. It's stupid as shit but fun as hell, and since you're a sucker for cartoons, you'd love the effects!

Brendan Frasier usually grates on my nerves, but what the hey, if you say so! I love Deep Rising (the other Sommers movie with Goldsmith music). 

Just now, Richard Penna said:

I'd say the album's a bit on the short side for such a big score. I reckon if it were released now, by the right composer, you'd get almost the entire score.

58 minutes is pretty damn generous considering it's from the era of 29-minute albums!

Goldsmith's 30 minute albums usually were a catastrophe, but by the time of 'The Mummy', '13th Warrior' or 'Hollow Man' he found the perfect balance. None of these scores musically would benefit from an expansion, only get more redundant. Brian Tyler's 150-minute mess is how you NOT do a good release.

2 minutes ago, kaseykockroach said:

58 minutes is pretty damn generous considering it's from the era of 29-minute albums!

Nah, that's just Varese skewing things because they wanted to release stuff they couldn't afford to do properly.

ILM's best were away at the time working their asses off to perfect the "Jar Jar steps into poop" scenes.

(This was meant for the ealier jawdropper, the one above is a really cool idea done pretty well)

So, out of curiosity, any clips of unreleased Mummy music? People seem really excited for it with the whole "this was overdue for an expansion", so I want to see what I'm missing. 

Rule of thumb for predicting Kasey’s opinion on basically anything:

1. Figure out the conventional wisdom

2. Figure out the contrarian take

3. Eat mushrooms and beat yourself repeatedly over the head with novelty size hammer

4. Whatever comes out of your mouth will be Kasey’s next post, probably 

3 minutes ago, kaseykockroach said:

So, out of curiosity, any clips of unreleased Mummy music? 

Is there any great music missing from the Mummy OST?

One of the best cues left off the OST

IMO it's one of Goldsmith's scores that most benefits from a C&C presentation.  A very satisfying musical narrative.

4 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

Rule of thumb for predicting Kasey’s opinion on basically anything:

1. Figure out the conventional wisdom

2. Figure out the contrarian take

3. Eat mushrooms and beat yourself repeatedly over the head with novelty size hammer

4. Whatever comes out of your mouth will be Kasey’s next post, probably 

Uhh...wha? 

I was just curious on why people wanted an expansion of a 58-minute album, and even if it turns out it wasn't needed I still intend to buy it as I'm sure the sound quality will be gnarly. 

I'm confused as to what this is referring to. :S

1 minute ago, kaseykockroach said:

Uhh...wha? 

I was just curious on why people wanted an expansion of a 58-minute album, and even if it turns out it wasn't needed I still intend to buy it as I'm sure the sound quality will be gnarly. 

I'm confused as to what this is referring to. :S

Hmm?  Oh just a general guideline for the forum!  Probably should’ve made a new thread and asked the moderators to pin it alongside forum rules.

Just now, Disco Stu said:

Hmm?  Oh just a general guideline for the forum!  Probably should’ve made a new thread and asked the moderators to pin it alongside forum rules.

Did I say something recently to provoke these guidelines though? :S

I'm confused and hope this isn't an implication I've said anything to offend you.

3 minutes ago, kaseykockroach said:

I'm confused and hope this isn't an implication I've said anything to offend you.

You offended me!

Regarding the sound quality i go on record saying that the old Mike Ross-Trevor engineered album sounds brilliant (and i will buy this new album just for that one 2,5 minute Sandstorm cue for that sound alone).

4 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

Just roasting you.  It’s the new thing here at Jay Double Ewe Fan Dot Com

Well, pepperoni and mushrooms are what I usually have on my pizzas, I suppose...

My tastes seem fairly conventional to me, so I don't know what the contrarianism is referring to. 

5 minutes ago, publicist said:

You offended me!

Regarding the sound quality i go on record saying that the old Mike Ross-Trevor engineered album sounds brilliant (and i will buy this new album just for that one 2,5 minute Sandstorm cue for that sound alone).

Indeed, but I'd bet the new release will SOUND SO GOOD YOUR SPEAKERS WILL EXPLODE AND FLESH-EATING BEETLES WILL COME SWARMING INTO YOUR LIVING ROOM. 

Just now, Disco Stu said:

It’s not contrarianism that’s my point!  It’s like when everyone is fighting over red vs. blue, you’re on the sidelines raving about how you can hear purple

Oh! Pft. May I take that as a compliment? It's not deliberate on my part. Grandpa first got into film music through Lawrence of Arabia, most of the folks here seem to have found their love of music through Star Wars, while I...well...

https://vimeo.com/90733818

34 minutes ago, kaseykockroach said:

Oh! Pft. May I take that as a compliment? It's not deliberate on my part. Grandpa first got into film music through Lawrence of Arabia, most of the folks here seem to have found their love of music through Star Wars, while I...well...

https://vimeo.com/90733818

I trust you have this release, then?

Indeed I do! Shame they couldn't get the 40's cartoons though, only the 50's. Tee for Two is a masterpiece of blissful cartoon scoring. He was practically a second director to those cartoons, after Hanna-Barbera. 

42 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

It’s not contrarianism that’s my point!  It’s like when everyone is fighting over red vs. blue, you’re on the sidelines raving about how you can hear purple

Po-tay-toes, po-tar-toes.

8 hours ago, kaseykockroach said:

Indeed, but I'd bet the new release will SOUND SO GOOD YOUR SPEAKERS WILL EXPLODE AND FLESH-EATING BEETLES WILL COME SWARMING INTO YOUR LIVING ROOM. 

Not coming from Intrada it won't.