Marvel / Netflix : Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist (The Defenders)

Jay

Well, until 2008 Iron Man was a second rate title.

I thought he was relatively well known before that.

If he was, Marvel wouldn't have to develop the film themselves.

Karol

What the fuck do I know? I'm no comic book expert!

What about Thor? There was no Thor movie before the Marvel one, was there? Was he also not famous before the movie? (And yes, I'm talking about the comic book character, not the Norse god).

They are all classic Marvel character, true. But not a massive sellers on the scale of Spider-Man and X-Men. But then again, it's all about merchandise and films these days. Comic books are the weakest link in this business.

Karol

Holy shit. 60 for EACH?

Marvel will soon rule the world.

The wording of the article isn't exactly clear. It doesn't say each. It says "The studio announced that the shows will consist of 60 one-hour episodes with a production budget of a staggering $200 million"

Sounds like a total to me.

Not entirely accurate:

This pioneering agreement calls for Marvel to develop four serialized programs totaling 52 one-hour episodes culminating in a four to eight episode mini-series programming event. Led by a series focused on "Daredevil," followed by "Jessica Jones," "Iron Fist" and "Luke Cage," the epic will unfold over multiple years of original programming, taking viewers deep into the gritty world of heroes and villains of Hell's Kitchen, New York.

Source.

Karol

I think the time has come for a Marvel Vs DC Comics movie.

I feel like that'll happen at some point. Each studio seems to be building towards those multi-superhero films and then they'll all just clash in one giant movie. Seems like it would profitable for all parties involved if you pitted Spider-Man and Iron Man against Superman and such nonesense.

The whole world will be Marvel!

Isn't it Marvellous!

Honestly besides Daredevil I have no idea who these superheroes are.

I'm just waiting for this shit to come to an end. The oversaturation of superhero movies right now is tedious.

In 1986 Martin Phillipps from The Chills sang 'Fill your head with alcohol, comic books and drugs.' Slacker culture's dumming down of mainstream America is now unleased 30 years on, as that generation of teenagers Phillipps sang to have grown up into man children.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Oh, and they announced Rosario Dawson is playing Claire Temple and Vincent D'Onofrio is playing Kingpin