Fox's Marvel Universe (X-Men, Legion, Deadpool, Fantastic Four, etc)

Jay

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fantastic Four 3D Conversion Cancelled by Josh Trank

“I want the viewing experience of ‘Fantastic Four’ to remain as pure as possible for the audience, which means in 2D, just as we shot the movie,” said Trank.

Hah, because a director like Trank has the authority over Fox to cancel the 3D release of his movie.

This has bomb written all over it; the studio clearly have no faith in the product and don't want to sink any more money into it. The mess they've made in post-production with re-shoots has probably made the conversion impossibly expensive too.

I agree. Fox sees the writing on the wall and realized there was no reason to spend any more of their money on a 3D conversion.

Ian McKellen Says Superman Is A Joke, But X-Men Is About Something

Well, [director Bryan Singer] persuaded me. X-Men was about something. Superman isn’t really about anything. It’s a joke. The nerd changes his underpants and becomes a Superman. That’s James Bond: “Shaken, not stirred,” silly, stupid, British twit… and then, Action Man! But X-Men is about the problems of being a mutant. And we’ve all felt we’re mutants on occasion. So, that was the hook for me. And don’t forget, I didn’t have to sign to do any more than one; I’m just doing a movie.