Michael Giacchino's Jurassic World (2015)

Sweetmeats

I am kind of allergic to Giacchino's music. His gut wrenching harmonics always make me cringe? I would rather have had a Zimmer score, really.

Just watch some good movies. There's so much monster schlock out there, do you really need ANOTHER Jurassic Park movie to die a happy man?

I guess what some crave is good, iconic monster movies.

Been gone the last few days so I am late on this party, but I am ecstatic that Giacchino was chosen to do Jurassic World! I knew it was a long shot Williams himself would come back, so I think they chose the best man. The only other people I would have been equally excited for would be James Newton Howard, David Arnold, Don Davis again, or an oddball choice like Elliot Goldenthal.

People only ever mention the two Playstation games Giacchino did for The Lost World, (Lost World and Warpath). However, he did a third one during that time as well for the PC called Chaos Island, which was a strategy game. He did music for it's cut scenes, mission briefing videos, and gameplay, as well as the overall sound design of the game. Some of it's music was available as a bonus track on his Lost World Playstation CD. You can hear his music for the cut scenes and briefing videos in this video I uploaded below that features all of the videos:

Anyway, it really IS cool he is doing this. And it is clear he is a big Jurassic Park fan.

Chaos Island might actually be my favorite thing Giacchino has ever composed. Nostalgia factors heavily into this, but I also love how he sampled some of the choir from JW's original score

If you have the Lost World cd, in the last track Primordial Forrest, at the 15:26 mark. It also appears elsewhere, but I haven't dug through the whole track now

I actually just got it from Amazon the other day! I'll check it out, thanks!

That isn't the full track from the CD. The full track features that, has a bit of silence, and then goes into a bonus music from Chaos Island (features 3 tracks from it), and then some other music. I can't seem to find it on YouTube.

Honestly, I think the choir used for Chaos Island was just sourced from the choir Giacchino used for his Lost World score.

• 10 months later...

Giacchino's site now has this image under "Jurassic World":

...as well as Inside Out. Though they could be placeholder images.

I took a look around that website and I understand it is designed and managed by a fan? If so then it is easily the best modern composer fan-site I came across till-date.

It's a fan-made cover. See here: http://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14965&page=22#entry1105325

I took a look around that website and I understand it is designed and managed by a fan? If so then it is easily the best modern composer fan-site I came across till-date.

Indeed. Great design.

Yep - the user Anthony here is the same fan that runs that site.

It's a fan site, not Giacchino's official site.

So is it like a fan site with Giacchino's endorsement?

It's just a fan site site. In the past Giacchino may have interacted with Anthony somewhat but I doubt there's much interaction any more.

Giacchino's actual official website was here:

http://www.michaelgiacchino.com/

But it's been gone for a while. He just uses twitter and instagram now.

Oh okay I guess I had assumed it was because didn't that site get early tracks of Jupiter Ascending up before release? Probably just gets early copies of the score, I am sure, and was allowed to share some tracks.

It's a fan-made cover. See here: http://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14965&page=22#entry1105325

Indeed. Great design.

Oh, definately my mistake, they would anyways use the logo with the blue circle and no 3-d shadow cast.

the one on the official site upper left corner.

http://es.jurassicworldintl.com/

Oh okay I guess I had assumed it was because didn't that site get early tracks of Jupiter Ascending up before release? Probably just gets early copies of the score, I am sure, and was allowed to share some tracks.

John Carter was the one he got in trouble for having tons of lengthy samples up early

For Jupiter Ascending, his samples were identical to the iTunes samples, because that's where he got them from :P

Aaarrgghhh! Stop it! Just stop it! It's not pun... I mean fun anymore!

11137729_1658203851076693_414680042_n.jp

I love it!

So so far we know:

1m1

1m10 As the Jurassic World Turns

5m43

5m43 ALT INS

5m44

5m46

5m47a