What is the last Television series you watched?

Jay

It's... almost indescribable.

The sets are REALLY extravagant!

There's a ton of singing and orchestral music

The camera is constantly moving and swinging all over the place

Christopher Walken is looking old. He's basically doing his usually schtick, but talking faster than usual, and using THEATER VOICE

Also Alison Williams is just weird as Pan. Why cast a beautiful, grown woman like her to play Pan? There was just a bit where she was leaning forward talking to Tink, and you could see her cleavage. Kinda breaks the whole illusion that she's a boy :P

Also Alison Williams is just weird as Pan. Why cast a beautiful, grown woman like her to play Pan? There was just a bit where she was leaning forward talking to Tink, and you could see her cleavage. Kinda breaks the whole illusion that she's a boy :P

Mary Martin always comes to my mind first when I think of Peter Pan, so it's not totally weird for me. Aside from distracting you with her cleavage, is she performing pretty capably? :)

I turned it off once Wendy sewed the shadow back onto Peter, which was silly because you could see Allison Williams' real shadow anywhere she moved. I left the room and didn't turn it back on for Walken, but that's what YouTube or Hulu is for.

I also lost interest since Walken didn't play the part of the father. The radio is ripping Walken for being too tired and not scary as Hook, like his Ambien just kicked in.

Saturday Night Live 40x07 Cameron Diaz / Bruno Mars

Meh, nothing really memorable here. Cameron Diaz was great actually, willing to act in a bunch of crazy scenes and looking fantastic as well. The newest cast member continues to blow line deliveries, and Weekend Update still needs to be completely overhauled (Michael Che is actually pretty good, but Jost is still terrible).

Brooklyn 99 2x08 USPIS

Hilarious! Ed Helms was a great addition to the cast with his postal manager who thinks he' s a federal agent character. Loved it! Amy's subplot about quitting smoking was OK, but did have funny moments. The cold open with Hitchock and Scully was brilliant!!

TGP, what have you thought of the current season of Person of Interest?

We haven't been following it I'm afraid. It'll probably be binge-watched close to the end of the season. How is it?

TGP, what have you thought of the current season of Person of Interest?

We haven't been following it I'm afraid. It'll probably be binge-watched close to the end of the season. How is it?

It starts off slow -- not unusual for POI -- but, given the heights reached by the show last season, I'd raised my standards accordingly. There's a lot of table-setting in the first four or five episodes; the number-of-the-week stuff is pretty ho-hum; and the way the new villain is introduced has a "been there, done that" kind of feel. Then it picks up significantly, as the burgeoning existential conflict between Samaritan and the Machine is mirrored on the streets. It appears Elias is going to figure into this season in a particularly meaty way, which is awesome because he's developed into one of the show's more complicated characters, and Enrico Colantoni has the chops for it.

Ah watched the Mentalist last night. Despite Alex's disdain for the show. I find it fun. Patrick Jane is a benevolent Hannibal Lecter.

It's excellent and gets better after the first few episodes!

Such a pity this wasn't given a chance.

Gravity?

Im guessing levity or gravitas.

Yes. It takes its time, but in the end the show has plenty of heft.

I've watched a lot of Bones lately. Does Alex hate that too?

probably not. It's not a CBS show and I don't watch it so he may like it.

Ah watched the Mentalist last night. Despite Alex's disdain for the show. I find it fun. Patrick Jane is a benevolent Hannibal Lecter.

Standard fare procedural that could've been something more. It stays semi-watchable because of Simon Baker, and because Tim Kang continues to deliver some of the best deadpan line readings in the business. In its final season, they're apparently upping the stakes to include international spy games. Post-Red John, there's not much else for them to do.

Not everything always needs to be "something more" Alan. Nothing wrong with good, old fashioned entertainment

Fair enough.Though there can be a fine line between good, old-fashioned entertainment and bland, formulaic entertainment. The shows that excel at being the former tend to be the ones with smaller ambitions --like, say, a Human Target, in which the hero's backstory provides an element of interest but is really more of an afterthought. It's all about the action.

While going through the typical case-of-the-week motions, The Mentalist played it like its protagonist's backstory actually mattered, and that it had a lot to do with nature of the elusive nemesis he was now facing. The Mentalist's attempt to serialize this central mystery over several seasons was an idea rich with potential -- but, as it turns out, making it all up as you go along is not a viable strategy for executing a long narrative arc.

It's about the journey Alan not the destination. But Simon Baker is the reason I watch plus Tim Kang and Robin Tunney are pleasant on the eye.

I used to watch Bones. I really enjoyed the first 3 seasons (the 3rd was shortened due to a writer's strike). After that, it went down hill. I kept with it for some unknown reason all the way through the 8th until I started to hate myself for it.

Just started with the pilot of Breaking Bad. It starts off rather nicely. :)

It just keeps getting better with every season!

Do me a favor and savor it - IE, don't binge on huge amount of episodes in one day.

I'm 4 eppies into Scorsese's Boardwalk Empire S4 (not garbage unlike The Mentalist, Bones, Under The Dome, NCIS, ABC, CBS), and boy, do other people notice it too that they severely upped their game? Critics were always right when they say it was a good show but it was not The Sopranos. Well, I still have to finish the show but with season 4 it's getting damn close. Yesterday's episode was another 9/10.

boardwalk_empire_59499_zps8039d1bc.jpg

Alex

I'm 4 eppies into Scorsese's Boardwalk Empire S4 (not garbage unlike The Mentalist, Bones, Under The Dome, NCIS, ABC, CBS), and boy, do other people notice it too that they severely upped their game?

Don't get too excited, they manage to fuck it up with the same ease in Season 5.

Just started with the pilot of Breaking Bad. It starts off rather nicely. :)

It just keeps getting better with every season!

Do me a favor and savor it - IE, don't binge on huge amount of episodes in one day.

I intend to, now 3 episodes in. Great show, love the pitch black humor and writing. And I'm already sold on Walter White. How he handled the guy in the basement situation...

2 episodes of anything is the most I want to watch on any given day.

Other than Breaking Bad I'm also re-watching 24 season 5, now there's a show that leaves no room to breathe, and its best season by a mile. :rock: