What is the weirdest thing you have done in behalf of John WIlliams or film scores?

Luke Skywalker

• 1 year later...

I work the corners on weekends to fund my complete Williams discography. I once had to hire a hitman to get me back my CE3K vinyl which I had lost in a cocaine deal that went south. That very same vinyl has become mine and my wife's sex album, to the point where I can't get it up if The Mothership isn't playing.

I work the corners on weekends to fund my complete Williams discography. I once had to hire a hitman to get me back my CE3K vinyl which I had lost in a cocaine deal that went south. That very same vinyl has become mine and my wife's sex album, to the point where I can't get it up if The Mothership isn't playing.

I bet the Encounter at the Crescendo Summit has special meaning in that context.

• 4 months later...

Well here are mine...

First and foremost, the already known buying of HooK.

I go out of a camping in one of south spain natural parks, at 22:00 in the night, in the search of unicor....cellphone coberture, went alongside the road though a forest with a head lamp and my laptop, about 1 or 2 kilometers. I found a good place, and bought it after 20 minutes and several tries because coberture was erratic... :P

And the second one i just made a few days ago.

I presented a paper-Thesis to finish my Master in Wildlife Management. And in the acknowledgments (this is the most difficult word in english! :lol: ) part I wrote:

"And lastly, a 'special' mention to John Williams and Michael Giacchino, whose film soundtracks have amenised my trips to the field, laboratory works and the long hours of writing the present thesis"

Aside from using the Trajan pro font (pretty popular in the 'Music composed and conducted by John Williams' credits in some OST covers) in the cover of the thesis ;)

Well, what are yours? How far have you gone in your Williams/film score freaky love?

Luke, funny, I was planning to use the Universal Accreditation font for my dissertation :lol:

I don't know if this qualifies as "weird" or not, but I figured out two of John Williams' compositions by ear and composed them in Notion 4.

They were:

"March of the Villains" from Superman

"Throne Room/End Credits" from Star Wars

(They can be heard here if anyone's interested.)

This was a fairly fanatical thing to do, but what I learned from John in the process made it more than worth it. I love his style!

I snuck into his home once and secretively lived in his closet for a month...oh wait, you mean weirdest musical thing. I typeset a few climactic scenes from empire strikes back which took much effort but was also very enjoyable.

Yes. Though those at least made it out of his closet again (otherwise they couldn't have registered here in the first place). But those that don't last leave too many tracks. Williams hunts them down and kills them.

I once tried to write something nice on a certain Forum behalf of John Williams but it didn't work. They didn't seem to like the guy. They should recheck his versatile output. It was JWFan network or something like that. Lets move to the next place.