Docteur Qui

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
FRINGE

Season 3

Original Television Soundtrack

Music Composed by

CHRIS TILTON

Immersive. Compelling. Hypnotic. Brilliantly imaginative. Endlessly thrilling. Pick your term. The mystery of the universes deepens in the critically acclaimed 22-episode third season of FRINGE, television’s most exciting sci-fi. The Fringe team escapes from the parallel universe — except for Olivia, trapped in the other world and replaced in ours by her double, who turns Peter and Olivia’s tentative relationship into a love affair. Then Olivia returns, bonds of trust fray, ever more bizarre and terrifying phenomena occur and secrets that stretch back to 1985 threaten to destroy our universe. Or theirs.

“Fringe continues its hot streak known as Season 3. It’s been firing on all cylinders all season.” (Andrew Hanson, LATimes.com)

Chris Tilton is back with his most emotional and involved score yet.

FRINGE Season 3 is available now on Warner Home Video, while Season 4 is currently running on Fox.

Varese Sarabande Catalog # 302 067 132 2

Release Date: 04/03/12

Track List:

1. The Escape From Liberty Island (2:17)

2. Slow Motion Sickness (1:46)

3. Newton’s Last Mission (1:50)

4. May The Best World Win (4:56)

5. Sneaking Sense Of Liberty (3:13)

6. Hot Brief Injection (1:22)

7. Capturing The Dunhams (3:39)

8. Take It To The Tank (2:08)

9. The Original Dunham (1:01)

10. I Thought She Was You (1:28)

11. My So-Called Strife (1:12)

12. Olivia (2:18)

13. The Firefly (1:44)

14. Best Chase Scenario (3:37)

15. The Observers (1:52)

16. Reciprocity (3:27)

17. The Persistence Of Walternate’s Vision (2:16)

18. Imagination Building (3:19)

19. The House Of Birth (4:45)

20. Oppenheimer Maneuvers (1:00)

21. WWPD (1:22)

22. Singe And Surge (1:53)

23. Peter (1:59)

24. Apocalypse In Judgement (:41)

25. As The Crowbar Flies (1:09)

26. Wake Up And Smell The Catastrophe (1:33)

27. The Way The World Crumbles (4:50)

28. Walter Skelter (:35)

29. A Universe For A Universe (2:24)

30. Funeral Pyre Straits (2:26)

31. The Mourning After (1:05)

32. We Are A Strange Loop (2:02)

33. The Vanishing Bishop (3:57)

34. Fringe Division (1:10)

a20791e135d456b5ef80bf_l.jpg

a20791e135d4575bb3a2e1_l.jpg

Source: http://www.varesesar...Season-3/Detail

• 4 months later...

No one else is excited for the final season? Looks like they've already got a bunch of it filmed based on that trailer.

I dislike that they introduced time travel into the show (why must every sci fi propery eventually do so?), but the present day storylines in season 4 were top notch. And I don't mind them being frozen and woken up in the future, i just wish the observers didn't use time travel to change the shape of the world

I'm surprised they didn't move that episode to the end and have it be the season finale instead of randomly showing it towards the end, with the episodes airing after it having nothing to do with it

From what I understand, that episode was more or less their pitch to Fox to get the show picked up for the final 13 episodes, so they inserted it toward the end of season 4 to see how it did, and if there was any interest. So although it seemed random and out of place, it was necessary to their hopes of a 5th season. I guess it worked.

Right, I'm not saying I'm surprised they made it, I'm saying I'm surprised they aired it randomly instead of as the season finale. Either way it would have had the same effect

Agreed. It found too long to find its footing but could have been really interesting. Probably would have worked better on the BBC, where they could have set it up as being laid out over a few seasons.

Right, I'm not saying I'm surprised they made it, I'm saying I'm surprised they aired it randomly instead of as the season finale. Either way it would have had the same effect

The final season got approved before the finale aired. So I guess they did it the right way.

Did you watch Alcatraz? It was pretty good too, with incredible scoring

Alcatraz had two major problems: A story that was really out there (as far as believability and clear reasoning go), and it had very flat characters due to that fact that each episode was focused on a new "plot character" and they never showed anything about the private lives of the few regulars. As a result, the plot problems only became more obvious. I like the potential of the premise, and most of the casting, but I'm not at all surprised they cancelled it.

Scoring was very good though. Better than Fringe.

Yup! Amazing score, the best of the TV season. Its a shame Mr. Tilton forgot to submit himself for Emmy nomination!!

I thought Alcatraz was Giacchino himself? But things are getting confusing there, he's still the composer getting main title credit in Fringe as well, after all...

With all the Twitter complaints about John Noble not being nominated for an Emmy, I have an even bigger acting award complaint: No nomination for Anna Torv!?

Michael Giacchino scored the Alcatraz pilot; All other episodes were scored by Chris Tilton and Andrea Datzman.

I agree, Anna Torv's proved herself to be quite a talented actor as the show has gone on!

Michael Giacchino scored the Alcatraz pilot; All other episodes were scored by Chris Tilton and Andrea Datzman.

I agree, Anna Torv's proved herself to be quite a talented actor as the show has gone on!

I used to think of her as a merely adequate actress, until

Fauxlivia came along

and I was suddenly seriously impressed with her range. Seth Gabel is excellent, too.

I used to think of her as a merely adequate actress, until [spoler]Fauxlivia came along

Agreed!

and I was suddenly seriously impressed with her range.

• 1 month later...

yay!

FRINGE

Season 4

Music Composed by

CHRIS TILTON

FRINGE — the supernatural sci-fi crime drama from J.J. Abrams — is back with a fourth spellbinding season. After sacrificing himself to save both worlds, Peter (Joshua Jackson) mysteriously returns to ours. But he has been forgotten — by Olivia (Anna Torv), by Walter (John Noble), by everyone. It’s as if he never existed. At the same time, shapeshifters controlled by an unknown master begin an onslaught of destruction, and now the two former enemy universes must cooperate to defy a common foe. FRINGE’s thrilling fourth season continues the inspired series’ synthesis of astounding phenomena, baffling secrets and dramatic, character-driven stories. And in this season, events may prove that the most powerful force in our universe — or theirs — is not a doomsday device, not a paranormal force, but human love.

Chris Tilton returns ramping up his music’s drama and action as the FRINGE saga races toward its final season, which will premiere this fall on Fox on September 28.

Warner Home Video will release Season 4 of FRINGE on September 4.

Varese Sarabande Catalog # 302 067 172 2

Release Date: 10/16/12

http://www.varesesarabande.com/servlet/the-1068/Fringe-cln--Season-4/Detail

• 1 month later...

a20791d13a0e07bfaf3886_l.jpg

a20791d13a0e0915f98e87_l.jpg

FRINGE

Season 4

Music Composed by

CHRIS TILTON

FRINGE — the supernatural sci-fi crime drama from J.J. Abrams — is back with a fourth spellbinding season. After sacrificing himself to save both worlds, Peter (Joshua Jackson) mysteriously returns to ours. But he has been forgotten — by Olivia (Anna Torv), by Walter (John Noble), by everyone. It’s as if he never existed. At the same time, shapeshifters controlled by an unknown master begin an onslaught of destruction, and now the two former enemy universes must cooperate to defy a common foe. FRINGE’s thrilling fourth season continues the inspired series’ synthesis of astounding phenomena, baffling secrets and dramatic, character-driven stories. And in this season, events may prove that the most powerful force in our universe — or theirs — is not a doomsday device, not a paranormal force, but human love.

Chris Tilton returns ramping up his music’s drama and action as the FRINGE saga races toward its final season, which will premiere this fall on Fox on September 28.

Warner Home Video will release Season 4 of FRINGE on September 4.

Varese Sarabande Catalog # 302 067 172 2

Release Date: 10/16/12

iTunes Release: 10/09/12

Track List:

1. The Skill Of The Chase (1:06)

2. A Protest In September (1:47)

3. Born Again Fishin’ (2:27)

4. Where The Son Doesn’t Shine (2:58)

5. Don’t Follow The Money (4:11)

6. Shut Your Worm Hole (3:12)

7. Enemy Of My Enemy (2:16)

8. The House Of Forgotten Dreams (1:32)

9. The End Of All Things (6:22)

10. Together Again For The Very First Time (3:00)

11. Funeral While It Lasted (1:38)

12. To Betray Or Not To Betray (2:32)

13. The Future Is How (:52)

14. Letters Of Transit (3:03)

15. The Satanic Observers (4:01)

16. The Sacrificial Stance (1:42)

17. What’s The Etta With You? (1:08)

18. The Singularity Is Upon Us (3:37)

19. From One Universe To Another (2:33)

20. Shining A Satellite On The Problem (2:57)

21. Don’t Cross The Beams (2:00)

22. Telekinetic Energy (1:55)

23. Kicking Some Astrid (2:00)

24. Brave New World (:37)

25. The Time Traveler’s Strife (3:08)

26. Support Of Call (1:28)

27. Biblical Distortions (6:51)

28. Regeneration X (2:43)

29. The Nine Lives Of Olivia Dunham (2:11)

30. Henrietta (1:27)

http://www.varesesar...Season-4/Detail

http://www.screenarchives.com/title_detail.cfm/ID/21436/

• 3 weeks later...

Haven't read this thread since I'm only on Season 1 but this show just got way more interesting, all thanks to Jarred Harris and his character. Just finished "Ability" and haven't had that feeling of "Start the next episode now!!!" since LOST was on the air.

I read the first post and I agree a lot with what was said. If cut down to about 12-15 episodes this could have been a very strong, centralized season (given I haven't actually finished it yet). But it seems like a lot of the first half was filler, and when something was interesting and semi-resolved at the end it was never brought up again. What happened to that old scientist that ran off in the fast aging episode? Or that billionaire that was testing on those patients that cured themselves from whatever disease they had?

A lot of stuff was left up in the air in favor of the formula. Peter and Olivia are pretty annoying in that they say and do stupid things a lot. Harris is the first character I've latched onto in the show and loved, aside from Walter, and it's frustrating that they're obviously so close-minded and wrong a lot of the time. Jay says Seasons 2 and 3 kickstart their development so I hope to see some worthy change in them. As for now, time to start "Inner Child."

Hmm, I'm not even sure who Jarred Harris is!

Yea the first half of season 1 is universally considered the worst of the series. Things get better once they dumped that Olivia boyfriend traitor character guy.

Just wait till Leonard Nimoy shows up, that's the start of its pretty consistent quality level.

Yeah, the show maintained the switch between story based and stand alone episodes for the first four seasons. Though in Season 4, some things you may have dismissed as nothing more than filler in previous seasons comes back so the writers at least have attempted to tie together stuff from the earlier seasons.

The show is definitely a good one if only for John Noble's tremendous character. Anna Torv was just kind of there in season one, but she will end up proving herself to you as one of the most competent actresses on television in the next couple of seasons. She is a very good actress when she is given a character with a little more dimension.

Anna Torv was just kind of there in season one, but she will end up proving herself to you as one of the most competent actresses on television in the next couple of seasons. She is a very good actress when she is given a character with a little more dimension.

+1! Fully agreed! She really impresses in the later seasons... perhaps especially because she was... just there in the early ones.

• 2 weeks later...

I think 6 or 7 episodes into Season 2. Was watching a good 2-3 episodes a day but now it's been a week or so since I watched. Didn't really like how Peter was all like, "They're not shutting us down. We run things now. No longer the clean up crew..." and then an episode later they're the clean up crew again and no one cares.

Show's not going anywhere. Its formula really hurts it, and they keep not following up on big things. Like that guy that hated Olivia and was evaluating the Fringe division. Turns out he was working for the enemy and attempted to kill her, but then bursts in a ball of flame. No biggie, he's never mentioned again...

Oh and my favorite character died :P Though I have a sneaking suspicion his multiverse counterpart will show up or something. Also didn't like how they killed off Charlie. I thought he would have been a good love interest for Olivia since Peter seems to be going for her sister. Then all of a sudden at the end of Season 1 he has a wife that was never mentioned. Now he's dead.

I was glad they got rid of Charlie and that guy who was Olivia's boyfriend or whatever for the first handful of episodes of the first season, they weren't that interesting as characters. Lincoln Lee is a far better 6th main character.

Once the backstory of what happened with Peter in the ice and all that is revealed, the shows is pretty consistently great through the end of the 4th season. Jury's still out on season 5

Just looked it up on IMDB - he doesn't show up until the Season 2 finale.

"Peter", episode 16 of season 2, is when I think I decided to stay with the show and not give up on it because I was just about to get sick of the formula before that one. Hang in there!

Yeah, from "Peter" until about midway into Season 3 is the show's peak.

Guess I'm not far off then. I'll continue it eventually. Right now I'm digging the Season 4 soundtrack. If any of the seasons sound like Giacchino though, it's definitely this one. Was surprised how much so, actually.

• 1 month later...

Just watched the latest episode (5x10), I was very moved by the swelling music at the end accompanying Walter's stream of recalled memories. Hope the reveal and what it was connected to really pay off at the end.

So I finally decided to continue Season 2 tonight. Man this show is really testing my patience, but since both you guys say "Peter" is the changing point then I want to see if it pays off.

I just finished "Unearthed" and am I the only one that noticed that Charlie is somehow alive and well? It took me a couple seconds to register it, because he was such an integral part to the CSI aspect of the show, but then I was like "Wait, what the fuck?" Then since they were talking about consciousness controlling dead bodies I thought something like that is happening or Olivia is just hallucinating again. Then the latter was reinforced in the junkyard scene when Peter was like "Huh?" at her walking away with Charlie, but then he looks right at him at the end when he knocks out the chick with the tranq dart. Then the dead bastard comes back in the car crash cause he really fucking wants his wife dead, but considering how this show never follows up on its cliffhangers I bet we'll never see this situation again.

Don't get me started on the writing for "Snakehead" where that whole immigrant family aspect was shoehorned into an otherwise interesting episode for emotional pull. Made me sick.

The episode with Charlie is season 2 was an episode shot and intended to air during season 1. For whatever reason it didn't, and they just aired it in season 2 with no explanation even though Charlie was off the show by the time it aired. It even aired on a different night of the week than the rest of season 2 aired on.

Why even air that episode? It was just filler anyway, contained nothing pertaining to the overarching plot; which speaking of is my main problem with this show right now. The filler is just so obviously filler that by reading the episode description I can pretty much figure out whether it's worthwhile or not. That Hills Have Eyes episode? Knew that wasn't gonna do anything, and it didn't.

With LOST, you never really knew what was going on in the first place, so each new piece of the puzzle interested you, but you didn't know how it fell into place and how much of the puzzle was left. With Fringe, I feel like they let loose the series' plot too early or something, or maybe it just doesn't have the weight to last 5 seasons. I don't know. Now I understand why it was always on the verge of being cancelled.

Yea, there really was no reason to air it during season 2 after they never aired it during season why. Probably why it was dumped off on an unusual night. It would have helped if they added a framing story to the beginning indicating it was flashing back to events from season 1 I guess.

Don't worry, they haven't given away too much of the series plot yet as far as you've seen. There's a lot left to be shown that they clearly had intended from the beginning to eventually get to

Yeah, its not strictly a serialized show. Its very akin to X-Files, where there are "Freak of the Week" stories as well as main story line plots. Once Peter hits though, it maintains the main story line pretty much into the middle of season 3, so if you get through that stretch and still don't like it you might as well stop. They toned downed what you call "filler" during season 3, as I suspect they began to realize that they could be canceled at any time. I am eternally grateful that Fox gave the show the opportunity it needed to finish.

• 2 weeks later...

Well that was a pretty great finale. Tied up more long forgotten lose ends than I dared to hope.

I hope Anna Torv doesn't vanish off the face of the earth now that the series is over. She's a great actress, as the finale showed once again.

I told you it was...

Speaking of J.J. Abrams (sort of), I started watching Fringe. I saw an episode or two awhile back, and it oozed mystery of the week, a formula I don't like. The pilot, which is all I've seen thus far, was decent. The dialogue is pretty poor, but not unexpected from Orci and Kurztman. Some of the episode was laughably bad and cliche, but once some information from Abaddon (LOST guy) about "the pattern" kicked in, I was intrigued. It seems like it could have a great overarching story. Jay, does that mystery of the week thing eventually fade out? I seem to recall you saying it did.

Season one is mostly Monster of the Week, with occasional references to the underlying story. Finally at the end of the season they reveal a whole lot of stuff, and soon the shows finds its footing and follows an effective formula of monster of the week while still advancing the season's arcing story and/or developing the characters in great ways. All the best character development happens in season 2 I think. Thinking back on all the seasons, 3 is the peak as far as I'm concerned. In case you didn't know, the current, 5th season is its last, and is only 13 episodes, bringing the final total to exactly 100 episodes.