Michael Giacchino's Star Trek

Jay

On 9/28/2019 at 3:23 PM, Thekthithm said:

How did such a dull score become friggin highly valued collectable?

1 hour ago, Gruesome Son of a Bitch said:

Unfortunately, that doesn't apply to these lame scores.

Thing 1 and Thing 2, I've got some information for you. Listen up and listen close, because we know your hearing is poo poo. The scores are good, the music fine, what's wrong here is your incessant whine. From thread to thread, post to post, you peddle your views of what's what and who's who, but what you forget is that we hear one voice, not two. 

On 9/29/2019 at 1:31 AM, Arpy said:

Thing 1 and Thing 2, I've got some information for you. Listen up and listen close, because we know your hearing is poo poo. The scores are good, the music fine, what's wrong here is your incessant whine. From thread to thread, post to post, you peddle your views of what's what and who's who, but what you forget is that we hear one voice, not two. 

Dont feed them after midnight and you’ll be fine or just show them pictures of titanic and it will distract them.

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, ATXHusker said:

Anyone's copy shipped out yet?  VS is supposed to be shipping out this week, still showing as unfulfilled for me.

Same. Perhaps Friday? haha

Well, I got mine in the mail today but it didn't 100% survive the trip :( Guess I'll be reaching out to VS for replacement case.  I'm on track 9 disc 1 and no skips so far, the discs look good no scratches thankfully.

thumbnail_IMG_3079.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3080.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3081.jpg

😂 just got an email notification from Discogs for the original deluxe edition for the bargain price of $45.  Amazing how a reissue can drop the price of an item significantly! 

On 9/27/2019 at 12:05 PM, Jay said:

Varese has reissued the long OOP Deluxe Edition of the score, sadly with the same old program that was missing music and choir and had film edits, though it is in a normal jewel case this time

https://www.varesesarabande.com/products/star-trek-the-deluxe-edition

Excellent. I can finally complete the set! Now to just get this and Beyond autographed to match "Into Darkness".

@ATXHusker My copy arrived today, damaged in nearly the same position. the bottom part chipped with the hinge and I knew it was stuffed from looking at the packaging. The corner was poking out of the shipping packaging! Very disappointed, considering it's a limited edition CD and all. The CDs are fine, but is it worth asking Varese for a replacement?

20191023_140544.jpg

poke.PNG

It was quite thin, certainly not good enough for international shipping. I haven't had an order from VS come cracked before, though, I think it was different packaging back then.

Before Varèse was taken over by someone else and they used a different shipping company I had ordered directly from them a few times and always got CDs in the mail from them with no issues.

It's just sad that they have resorted to a company like they are using now who doesn't give a shit about customers. The name escapes me at the moment...

Some people will find you or I picky, but I will always maintain that if one is paying for a physical item in new condition, one should expect it to be delivered as such especially from a company with repute who is delivering these specialty items.

@Arpy I emailed pics of mine to VS and they wrote back a couple days later that they would send a replacement case.  When it came in the mail I was pleased until I opened it up.  It was a single disc case!  :pat:  I just purchased a 10-pack of the 2-disc cases on Amazon since I have a couple that need replacing.  

22 minutes ago, ATXHusker said:

@Arpy I emailed pics of mine to VS and they wrote back a couple days later that they would send a replacement case.  When it came in the mail I was pleased until I opened it up.  It was a single disc case!  :pat:  I just purchased a 10-pack of the 2-disc cases on Amazon since I have a couple that need replacing.  

Oh poop. I thought exactly the same thing would happen - it isn't good enough! 

10 hours ago, Trent B said:

Before Varèse was taken over by someone else and they used a different shipping company I had ordered directly from them a few times and always got CDs in the mail from them with no issues.

It's just sad that they have resorted to a company like they are using now who doesn't give a shit about customers. The name escapes me at the moment...

The name of the company is Nexos, and yes, their packaging is absolute garbage compared to LLL or Intrada!

20 minutes ago, ATXHusker said:

The name of the company is Nexos, and yes, their packaging is absolute garbage compared to LLL or Intrada!

Just got an email saying they'll send out a replacement, but I'm sure it'll be a single case... 

4 hours ago, ATXHusker said:

I just purchased a 10-pack of the 2-disc cases on Amazon since I have a couple that need replacing.  

I’ve been looking for a good quality source. Which ones did you buy?

6 minutes ago, Pellaeon said:

The best ones I've found, I purchased at Europadisc.co.uk. Not very expensive either. These are of the same good quality as the big labels use.

1 hour ago, Pellaeon said:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002ROIFG8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'm supposed to get them today, I'll give a review when I get home. :) 

10 hours ago, ATXHusker said:

if the inside pieces of your original case are ok you could transplant it into the new one, but yeah that’s not what you would expect when they send a replacement!

18 hours ago, ATXHusker said:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002ROIFG8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'm supposed to get them today, I'll give a review when I get home. :) 

Well, the package was delivered in a box with ample bubble wrap, all 10 cases came in mint condition which was nice!  The case itself works decent, you have to make sure that the discs are secure in the "teeth".  What I ended up doing is applying a bit of pressure to both sides of the inner tray to make sure the discs stayed put.  

Packaging 5/5 stars

Design 3.5/5 stars

Overall  4/5 stars

Well, it turns out the cd cases I purchased are the exact same brand that are used by LLL for the Minority Report release that I just received in the mail today, which arrived without a scratch or crack, thanks to LLL's padded envelopes used in shipping. :)