What is the last Television series you watched?

Jay

I very seriously doubt he will manage to achieve anything remotely interesting.

I know his music won't even come close to what Kamen achieved. It's a shame Hanks and Spielberg have no musical sense anymore.

• 2 months later...

At first I was surprised when I heard Food Network was making a show called "What Would Brian Boitano Make?" Then I heard its theme song. Quite clever. But the show is lame as hell, like its host.

Haven't seen that but thanks for the head's up, I will definitely download it

The only show I've found time to watch this season so far (other than all 4 NBC Thursday comedies last week) is the season premieres of Curb Your Enthusiasm (HILARIOUS!) and How I Met Your Mother (meh. Seriously guys, lets just have Ted start dating the mother now ok?). Hopefully will get to watch Fringe and House soon

At first I was surprised when I heard Food Network was making a show called "What Would Brian Boitano Make?" Then I heard its theme song. Quite clever. But the show is lame as hell, like its host.

My favorite show is Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives. I also like Good Eats, although he can get a tad bit silly hosting at times.

The only bad thing is that it makes me hungry, even after eating. :)

• 1 month later...

A few friends and I had an It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia marathon last night. It was the first time I ever watched the show, and it's hilarious. We watched several episodes from the first two seasons I think.

The episode titles I recall...

The Gang Gets Racist

The Gang Solves The North Korea Situation

100 Dollar Baby

Dennis And Dee Go On Welfare

It's a great show that luckily hasn't degraded in quality yet. All seasons including the current are around the same level of quality.

Sunny is one of my favorite shows, and yes it still is pretty much as good as its always been. The recent episode "The Waitress is Getting Married" is a classic.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So what did people think of the big Curb Your Enthusiam season finale / Seinfeld reunion? I thought it was decent..... the season as a whole was phenomenal, but the last episode was not one of the best episodes.

Funniest line was "Oh I respect wood Larry. I respect wood so much that if I had a piece of wood in my hands right now, I'd beat the shit out of you with it!"

Better Off Ted returns tomorrow

Also How I Met Your Mother is just annoying me this season. Have Ted start dating the mother already, please!

I finally got around to watching the season finale of Curb. I thought it was hilarious. So many moments that just had me rolling. "I believe you Larry, but having said that, I think you're full of shit." :lol:

I was disappointed that we didn't get so see any of Seinfeld's side characters like Newman and Bana (sp?). I also wish Michael Richards had more screen time on the show. The Table Read was hilarious because of him.

"Oh come on man! It's been three years!!" ROTFLMAO

Yea I was telling my friends what Jerry, George, and Elaine are up to in in the reunion... and couldn't remember what Kramer was up to... I guess he really wasn't up to anything!

• 3 months later...

Is anybody here watching Sons of Tucson, Parenthood, or Justified?

I'm curious if they're any good

Curb was indeed hilarious.

Is the show still on?

How many season do they have now?

Pity it's not on TV in Germany; although, second thought, that's probably better, one bad dubbing job less.

By the way, I can't believe I'm watching The Golden Girls right now ...

I just bought first two season of Mad Men. I didn't have time yet to sink my teeth into those, but I most certainly will do that in the coming days. I'm prepared for a solid show and hope it's not overpraised.

Karol

Curb was indeed hilarious.

Is the show still on?

How many season do they have now?

Pity it's not on TV in Germany; although, second thought, that's probably better, one bad dubbing job less.

It's currently not on the air, the last season ended awhile ago. There have been 7 so far. I'm sure Season 8 is in the works, but the show is known for taking up to 2 years to film a mere 10 episodes.

Well what do ya know, I just found an article about it. David says an 8th season is very likely.

Well very nice then!

Any thoughts on Two and a Half Men?

I find it absolutely brilliant I have to say. Charlie Sheen's personal life is his own business; he absolutely owns his role, and I'm sure this will become a classic.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank god for that.

Season 6 was awful, and 7 wasn't a whole lot better. But I respect Fox for knowing when it's really time to exit, and to not try to milk it dry. Season 8 so far has been good enough that if the finale is done well, I think the show can be considered to have bowed out on a high.

But I respect Fox for knowing when it's really time to exit

Hmmm, just can't get my head around that sentence considering the premature executions FOX have been delivering on some really strong shows.

But I respect Fox for knowing when it's really time to exit

Hmmm, just can't get my head around that sentence considering the premature executions FOX have been delivering on some really strong shows.

I'm talking strictly in the 24 context. The show has generally pulled in good ratings, and there are enough fanboys out there that I can see the show dying a slow death into its 10th season.

For any studio to decide it's time to end at this point it showing at least some common sense.

I think the concept has probably worn thin. I mean a person can only have so many 24 hour days like that. ;)

• 1 month later...

Lie To Me, Human Target, V, Chuck, Castle, Cougar Town, The Middle, Modern Family, Cleveland Show, Fringe, 30 Rock, Parks and Rec, and Community have all been renewed

Heroes, Dollhouse, Scrubs, Better Off Ted, FlashForward, Romantically Challenged, Mercy, Trauma, The Deep End, Ugly Betty, 24, Brothers, Past Life, and Til Death have all been canceled.

Source: http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/02/14/bubble-show-scorecard/

Heroes has been canceled? I suspected it would be. Kudos to them for doing it while it still retained a shred of dignity. The first season made me think, Hmmm, this show's got potential. If the characters just keep getting more masterful with their powers and the plots just keep getting more cohesive and interesting, could be pretty sweet. Instead, the characters kept finding ways to lose their powers (or use them offscreen), and the plots degenerated into confused messes. I thought season 4 turned things back around just slightly, but not by much. And there was really no place to go after the way it ended.

As for Prison Break...well, I never watched that until just the last month or two. I agree that the first season was vastly superior to the others, but it wasn't a calamity on the scale of Heroes. There just wasn't as much to like once the big mystery of how to get out of Fox River was solved.

Like Prison Break, which should have ended after one season.....when they did a ...prison break.

It would have worked best as a mini-series, I think. Didn't they break in and out of prison like 5 times?